Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3351 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 12:14 AM
I've been kinda busy lately and have had to make time to do stuff. So I've been planning for the coming days and making time for TS3, and one of the days I have a lot of time for TS3 is tomorrow, November 31st.

I was looking forward to this. I have loads of deadlines for other stuff but I just want to play TS3 for a good few hours while I have nothing else to do, and tomorrow would be suitable for that.

This was a great plan until about 5 minutes ago, when I discovered that there is no such thing as a "November 31st". Tomorrow is December 1st, a day on which I have other things to do. Fuck my life.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Instructor
#3352 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 7:52 AM
Yesterday in Boroughsburg I lost two of my favorite male sims while they were inactive - Nraas Story Progression made them roughed up so hard that they had to go to hospital and neither of them survived. No doubt that crime rate is too high in my Boroughsburg right now - it must have been done by the gangs that ruled the streets. One of the victims was frequently reported by the Story Progression previously as someone who had been hanging around with other men of the local Kingpin. Well, it didn't end well. So right now my journalist sim writes investigative articles about what happened, and organizes a Protest against criminals for tomorrow. Maybe I should also assign more sims for the law enforcement career...
(I never reload an earlier savegame when I lose sims like this. It's hard to accept sometimes, but I always decide to move on, especially when their death fits so well into the storytelling of the neighborhood. Nraas SP Personalities modules are great.)
Lab Assistant
#3353 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 8:51 AM
Yay, found time to play again
The lady of the house is about to become an elder. Her son spent most of his time playing video games and being evil before moving out to pursue a criminal career, but she wanted grandchildren so she used her social networking prowess to get him a girlfriend. Worked like a charm, the poor girl got pregnant immediately through SP. Now she wants FIVE grandchildren :O Your daughter only just got married, ain't gonna happen.
Meanwhile, kitteh 1 is past his maximum age so he'll go any day now... Kitteh 2 expresses his anxiety by ...glitching out? He suddenly has very loud, VERY repetitive music following him everywhere. ^^;
Screenshots

omnis mundi creatura
Field Researcher
#3354 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 2:09 AM
I am playing a salmon farmer
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#3355 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
I am playing a salmon farmer

That's dope.. I didn't even know you could put the fish you caught on walls.. I've been literally playing this game for 11 years and didn't know this.
Mad Poster
#3356 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
I've been kinda busy lately and have had to make time to do stuff. So I've been planning for the coming days and making time for TS3, and one of the days I have a lot of time for TS3 is tomorrow, November 31st.

I was looking forward to this. I have loads of deadlines for other stuff but I just want to play TS3 for a good few hours while I have nothing else to do, and tomorrow would be suitable for that.

This was a great plan until about 5 minutes ago, when I discovered that there is no such thing as a "November 31st". Tomorrow is December 1st, a day on which I have other things to do. Fuck my life.

Reminds me of October 33rd and February 33rd, two other non-existent dates.

Been meaning to make time with my Sims. I have been busy with doctor appointments and preparing for Christmas with my father and his large family which includes his 7 siblings and his 4 step sisters (this is only noted by the rather large family tree I belong to.) My grandfather this past year became a step great grandfather when his step grand daughter (through his second wife, my stepgrandmother Barb) gave birth to a son Jackson.

I know it sounds like the yearly Christmas letter. As far as Christmukkah goes, it's been falling in and out every year... making any effort seems pointless unless both parents are on board.

So life, unfortunately, is getting in the way of their little lives in The Sims 3. Been meaning to escape. Where's reality's emergency exit?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#3357 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Where's reality's emergency exit?

They explicitly instructed me not to tell anyone. Sorry.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#3358 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 3:50 AM
Messin around in Tanzenberg's Beta - which is laggy, but I don't care, it's pretty. Going to make it snow with Lyralei's snow mod and see how pretty it is. Should be working in Twinbrook (and I am) but for now - I just want to play. Kid's going with his grandparents to DisneyWorld on Xmas vacay, so I will be playing, all, the, time then. XD

Also readjusted my Walter Vogel sim to look more like the historical dude I'm basing him on... it's... freaky now when I see him, because the sculpt is as close as I can get it now in Sims 3.

Going for a jog to the enchanted spring

Stop cheezing off Lothar, Walter. XD

"Pull mein finger."

Considering his real life counterpart makes that face all the time, this is freakin hilarious.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Mad Poster
#3359 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 5:12 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 6th Dec 2019 at 7:42 PM.
So, Sailor Iron Mouse from the Stars Arc appears and I split the family just to be Galaxia and Iron Mouse. Sailors Garnet, Amethyst and Aquamarine have been put on the clipboard and onto the bin for now.

Peeked in on the 6teen crew. Evidently they enjoy hanging at the graveyard.

December 6th, 2019, 14:21

Had a chance to play with my Sims. So far, Sailors Aluminum Seiren, Lead Crow and Tin Nyanko have joined the Galaxia household. Now she has the Sailor Animamates lineup from the 1990s manga

There are a few rules to this house. The bracelets her servants (Mouse, Seiren, Crow and Nyanko) wear are a sign of their servitude to her. If one of these breaks, it may lead to emotional exhaustion from a disorder caused by moral conflict between temptation and conscience. However, if a servant fails to do their job, the bracelets are removed and the servant dies a painful death.

I also made the Sailor Animamates into Witch Sims.

So far, so good. No ritualistic killings so far. Part of modding can be stumbling on surprising activity. Like the Canadian Part-Timers at the graveyard.

I just have NRaas Master Controller with the Cheats Extension and Dolphin's Magic Orchids as far as modifications. The rest is just CC that is clothes, shoes, accessories, hair and CASt patterns. If anything, I should have some big old Labrador Retriever work in gathering supplies for gardening.

I'm currently trying to make it a habit to play with my Sims more. My mother, in her logical wisdom said "Do something that you enjoy, even if it's for 5 minutes, every day."

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Instructor
#3360 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 8:14 PM

Sometimes it really doesn't take much to amuse me :p
Mad Poster
#3361 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas

Sometimes it really doesn't take much to amuse me :p

As far as I'm concerned, you're in a healthy subset of people when it comes to small bits of humor.

Mad Poster
#3362 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 2:01 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 8th Dec 2019 at 8:19 AM. Reason: Autocorrect issue...
Added Sailors Diamond, Emerald and Pearl.

Merged Garnet, Amethyst, and Aquamarine into one household with Diamond, Emerald, and Pearl.

The household is called Shadow Gems (Jan.-Jun.)

Eventually, with NRaas Master Controller and the cheats, all 12 Shadow Gems will be in the house.

Oh, and in noticing, they work for Galaxia in a manner that German Hessian soldiers worked for the British in the American Revolution: mostly as hired goons. They still have the jeweled shackle bracelet that scream "I sold my soul to an alien from a trash planet she later destroyed and all I got were these life-sustaining shackles!"

Now I need to create the remaining 6 Shadow Gems, Dr. "Eggman" Robotnik, All 13 members of Organization XIII and the first villain I encountered in my rental video days: Dark Heart from The Care Bears Movie II: A New Generation (it was a retconned version of the Care Bear\Care Bear Cousin account of their first mission to save children at risk of falling into darkness. Unfortunately, I liked it, but its release was met with mixed reviews, slightly erring on the side of negative. All that matters is I liked it.) and then I can have my evil alliance.

Edit: Added Eggman, he went streaking, got caught and paid the $500 fine (getting busted for streaking is a first for me in the 10½ years I've been playing this game.)

Mad Poster
#3363 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 6:27 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 8th Dec 2019 at 6:54 PM.
Switch to one of the Frio family as they been taken by story progression, with interesting effect. The brothers don't live together anymore as each married to their lovers. Connor is married to Jamie Jolina, while Jared to Tori Kimura. Everybody seem to taken -Frio at the end. Strangely, Jared had left Claire Ursine with their child Raquel. Kimura-Frio family have over 51,190k funds and are resided in El- Urban Sprawl 2br 1ba. Oh since Clair is being a b!tch, she doesn't allow Jared to see or interact with his child, despite him wanting to. Bummer. Oh and he peed himself on the spot.

And now it took a whole new turning. As Jared the inappriopate Sim he his, he kissed Madison VanWatson after he cried over her shoulder and after making funny face with her while Tori was in their sight of the living room. Things just got heated. The cherry on top being him, after getting confronted by his wife, pulled out his phone to "capture the moment". Something this game never ceasing to amaze me. Tori proceeds to throw insult at him after such action. he tried to smooth talk her with flirtatious jokes, but fails to his effort. Within sim minutes, after receiving another complaint, he wishes to have another child. Lol, time for another "capture the moment" moment. Not sure if his being that dim or just genius.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#3364 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 2:55 AM
Back at the Gold-Imahara Estate...

David Spade joined the household!

Grant: How do you know him?
Kymchee: (coyly) We used to date...
Grant: But you're genuinely sweet and he's a smart-ass.
Kymchee: I have an abrasive side and you will be sleeping on the couch if you anger the jaw at the nape of the neck.

(Futakuchi-onna (two mouth woman) reference. The mouth is hidden in the back of the head and it had a foul vocabulary with an insatiable appetite. New thing I recently learn about this particular Yōkai from Japan cultural mythos.)

I also aged up the toddlers into kids and gave the family traditional kimonos of various types. Kymchee tried a Heat of the Moment kiss on David and David objects "Look, I may be a Great Kisser, but I am not going to violate Grant's contract. I know that we dated, but we can't keep going on like this." was what I read from his body language.

Instructor
#3365 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 11:21 AM Last edited by Anitaka00 : 15th Dec 2019 at 10:15 PM.
I've just started playing Hank Goddard and Pauline Wan living in Al Simhara neo-medieval era style. So far it's going fine for them
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#3366 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 10:22 AM
Grandma sets fire to things (and her family).

...They went to eat, I didn't check on them for a while... then saw Grandma was playing with magic and daughter was ON FIRE. I can't. They've been pyromaniacs for longer than i care to remember, so the daughter was happy about it, of course. These dolts.
Screenshots

omnis mundi creatura
Field Researcher
#3367 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 10:01 PM
My sim snuck into a sorority and thought he was gonna have the time of his life. Instead he got shoved into a corner of a tiny bathroom by a crazy redhead that kept beating his ass the whole night. He got no sleep and missed class the next day .
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3368 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 1:04 AM
Still working on the story.

A new sushi restaurant opened up in Traverston. The have a specialty direct from Takemizu (TS2 reference): Ningyo from the metropolitan fish market. It's said to grant youthful immortality, providing you don't get killed.

It isn't poisonous, but the side effect is, someone before their young adult years eats it, they will stop aging once they become young adults. If a young adult or older eats it, they stop aging forward.

So far, this setup is for better reinforcement of the visuals. Remember that show with Judd Hirsch where his character, he was cursed to never die and his son was much older that Judd looked? I tried to avoid this paradoxical issue.

Ningyo? = Japanese Mermaid, comes in 2 varieties: disgustingly ugly and a very beautiful lady on top with a tail at the hips.

dodgy builder
#3369 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 6:19 AM
I built a house from poor to rich the last couple of days. It's so easy. I have a lot of time playing sims these days.
Instructor
#3370 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 8:48 PM
Sim is going to Uni, goes to hug her mother goodbye before moving away from home probably for good - "Jacqueline thinks her daughter is being creepy". Followed by a want to be mean to said departing daughter.

Mother of the year right there, folks.
Field Researcher
#3371 Old 18th Dec 2019 at 3:04 AM
University makeovers never end... Just when I think the nightmare is over another one pops up.

Holly Gabrielson
Instructor
#3372 Old 18th Dec 2019 at 5:35 PM
^Lmao what is going on with those lashes, are they trying to leave her face?

I'm doing the same atm, god some of them are just... . My top three def includes this one, tho. Now I know ea likes to make sims with huge heads by default but if anyone had that head to body ratio in real life I'm pretty sure they'd topple over when they walked.
Field Researcher
#3373 Old 18th Dec 2019 at 10:25 PM
Omg I hate the big heads. It looks so gross lol, Jonha's sliders are a must for me. I don't think I made over Tammy yet, I've avoided some of the hideous ones XD Out of sight out of mind.
Mad Poster
#3374 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 1:36 AM
Made over version reminds me of Elizabeth Moss a bit, but that's probably just me.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#3375 Old 19th Dec 2019 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
University makeovers never end... Just when I think the nightmare is over another one pops up.

Holly Gabrielson

Makes you wonder what sort of art direction TS3 had!

Gotta ask- what skin and eyes are you using?
Page 135 of 162