Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 9:29 PM Last edited by Alpal425 : 3rd Jan 2015 at 12:55 AM.
Default Sims 2 Homeless Challenge (For Challenge & TS2 Newbies)
Living in the streets for your whole life, you managed to save up enough money to buy a small lot and a little money leftover. Wanting a perfect life and family, you must do whatever possible to get enough money to support a healthy life style.

With the release of TS2 UC for everyone a while back, this is a bit easier homeless-style challenge for simmers who are new to TS2 and or challenges for TS2. I've seen many homeless challenges, but all of them have a couple too many rules without being newbie-friendly.

Goal
Your goal is to get a 5 generation family with the very little starting money you get.

EPs and SPs Needed
Though you can play this purely base game, I recommend having a couple installed for more career options.

Getting Started
The world you play in is up to you but Pleasantview is a great one to begin with.

First create an adult sim, male or female. You may only create one to start with (sorry, no beginning couples ). Traits, looks (make the person look homeless for a bit more fun ), turn-ons and turn-offs and even aspiration are all up to you. I do recommend having the fortune aspiration though.

Buy a 3x2 lot, and then open up the cheat console (hold ctrl+shift+c and let go when the white bar appears at the top of your screen). Type in this-
familyFunds "(THE LAST NAME OF YOUR SIM)" 500
This will give you 500 Simoleons to start off with. I know this not a lot of money to begin with, but that's the point. Buy whatever you feel are your essentials.

Rules
1) No cheats are allowed except for the following:
moveObjects (get rid of all of those annoying stray dogs digging holes in YOUR yard)
setQuarterTilePlacement
boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation on
familyFunds (ONLY AT THE BEGINNING TO SET YOUR STARTER CASH TO 500 OR FOR RULE NUMBER 8)

2) Mods and CC are allowed long as it doesn't change the game drastically.
3) No "Open for Business" EP businesses or sending your sims on vacation with the "Bon Voyage" EP until you have met the following requirements:
On or have passed Gen 2 (have the generation 2 sim(s) be at the adult life stage would let this requirement be checked off).
Have 30,000 total Simoleons from the household funds and lot value.

4) Your Sim is allowed to make money from careers (once they reach $1,500 simoleons- they have to be able to buy clothes to look nice for the job interview!), painting, writing novels, and gardening. If you would like to see another money-making path to be put up here, just comment it below in the reply box.
5) You may move sims in without marriage, but they may not get a career until the family funds have hit $1,500 at least once (see rule 4 for reason) and they may help out with your "Open for Business" EP business.
6) Your Sim may not get married or have children until they have at least have four walls and a roof up.
7) You are allowed to move out of the lot once your house gets too cramped or boring/old but you must still own the starting lot.
8) Once you get "Mr.Humble's Computer", keep it in your inventory. Once you are ready to use it, place it and then subtract 2,500 Simoleons from your household funds. No free computers for hobos! (see the third post )
9) Feel free to go to community lots to refill needs but no creating all-in-one community lots.
More rules will get added as needed.

Extras
If you feel like it isn't a hard enough challenge, feel free to make it a 10 generation, add more back-stories and make one of the future generations spend all the family's money just to restart the challenge.

Aging mods are allowed.

Points are not required but are fun to do. Feel free to use this point system below and share your point tracker below. :D

+20 for first car
+50 for first bedroom and bathroom (separated with walls and doors from rest of house)
+75 for first child born
+100 for second-story house
+120 for first grandchild (grandmother/grandfather = founder)
+5 for having a heir become a good witch
+1 for having a heir become a neutral witch

-10 for each enemy made
-5 for each death from anything besides old age
-1 for having a heir be an evil witch

If you are one of those type of players..

+10 for each enemy made
+10 for each death from anything besides old age
+15 for having a heir be an evil witch
+10 for having a heir be any other type of Supernatural

Please do share your go at this challenge.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 10:00 PM
Alpal425 the challenge board is here: https://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=560

You can get rid of the computer by grabbing and deleting it with move objects before opening and it sells for 0.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can get rid of the computer by grabbing and deleting it with move objects before opening and it sells for 0.

Yes but some people may want to still have their sims use the "Play" > "The Sims 3" interaction.
Alchemist
#4 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 10:21 PM
As much as I really like this, the minus points are a bit dumb. Why play the life simulation without drastic deaths!? I want my drastic deaths!
Making enemis is just fun, evil witches too. It should be minus points for each maxmotives or each time you do something that kind of ruins the challenge.

Also: 1000 points just for a grandchild? It's kind of just giving away the points ..
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
As much as I really like this, the minus points are a bit dumb. Why play the life simulation without drastic deaths!? I want my drastic deaths!
Making enemis is just fun, evil witches too. It should be minus points for each maxmotives or each time you do something that kind of ruins the challenge.

Also: 1000 points just for a grandchild? It's kind of just giving away the points ..

Updated points for you. :P
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Alpal425 the challenge board is here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=560

Yes but for some reason it won't let me post it there. Can a moderator please move it there so it can be looked over by an admin and be submitted? Thanks.
Inventor
#7 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 10:45 PM
Here are some variations about this challenge in general:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=335033
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
Here are some variations about this challenge in general:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=335033

Yes, and this one is about the same as the original but lightens up on the rules for newbies or people who just don't like having so many tight rules. Maybe this one will get added to the alternate versions.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 1:01 AM Last edited by Alpal425 : 9th Jan 2015 at 2:44 PM.
I like to make my sim's house with this treehouse and this ladder . It's a hobo treehouse! The ladder works so well that if I didn't know any better, I say'd say Maxis made it! The animations are dead-on.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 2:54 PM
I'm not a newbie to TS2, but I think I need to mix up my sims lives. I prefer more relaxed challenges, so this sounds great. I have a poor sim in an apartment right now (4th generation, I think.) so instead of making a new sim, I'll make a story for her. The challenge looks great, I can't wait to begin!
P.S. Not to sound rude or anything but instead of double posting (which is generally frowned upon) you should edit your latest post.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mai2008
I'm not a newbie to TS2, but I think I need to mix up my sims lives. I prefer more relaxed challenges, so this sounds great. I have a poor sim in an apartment right now (4th generation, I think.) so instead of making a new sim, I'll make a story for her. The challenge looks great, I can't wait to begin!
P.S. Not to sound rude or anything but instead of double posting (which is generally frowned upon) you should edit your latest post.

I didn't mean to double post, in fact I didn't even know that actually counted since they were a month apart.