Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 12:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Argon Townie Brick
So I'm sure this is a really dumb question but, I have searched and I can't find the specific answer I'm looking for. I downloaded the updated townie brick but I can't figure out how to use it. Is it a buy object? Any help here would be appreciated! thanks
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSimSariah
So I'm sure this is a really dumb question but, I have searched and I can't find the specific answer I'm looking for. I downloaded the updated townie brick but I can't figure out how to use it. Is it a buy object? Any help here would be appreciated! thanks

The Townie Brick is an Object in the Buy Catalog, I think it is in Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous so look there first. It Looks like a Yellow Box more or less. Once you have placed it some place it fairly straight forward to use, have a Sim that is selectable and have that Sim click on the object. If you are at a Unviversity lot you get the Option to make them a Dormie. If you are on another type of lot, you should have the Option of making the Sim a Townie, a Downtownie or a Vacation Local {Not Tourist though}.

According to the creator's note on MATY it will do the following:
- Make your Sims a Townie, Dormie, Downtownie, Garden Club, or Vacation Local (not Tourists)
- Clean up a stuck garden inspection controller
- KILL the "Smells Bad" emitter DEAD! bwahaha (usually left over from stinky pets)

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 4:55 AM
Ok, I have looked in that location and do not see it. What am I doing wrong? haha pregnancy brain is real
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 8:17 AM
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11060.0.html

It is sometimes an adventure to find a file on that site Scroll down the page, it is attached to one of Argon's posts (about halfway).
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 10:29 AM
Actually the ArgonTokensYAY.7z file at the very top of the page has a version of the townie brick dated 4 August 2008. That's a day later and has a larger file size than the one in the Argon_sorryitslate.7z in the post halfway down the page.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 10:38 AM
Alchemist
#7 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 10:48 AM

Ok, I have looked in that location and do not see it. What am I doing wrong? haha pregnancy brain is real

Since you already downloaded it, I'm assuming you are having trouble finding it in the game rather than on the MATY page. Here's a pic to show it in mine, in the Downloads folder and in the game.