Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:20 PM
Default Music HALP!
I'm in the process of making a movie with a kind of gritty-cabaret feel to it. I wanted to use music similar to (or exactly that of) the original sims Makin Magic EP. I have the EP laying around somewhere, but I don't know... is it possible to get the music off of it to use in my little movie?
I'd gladly go out and buy a CD of a similar genre if you can't get it off the game disc, because I'm a loser and love that music... but what would you classify it as? Has anyone encountered anything comparable to the music in the MM ep?? :confused:
Advertisement
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 4:35 PM
i think you can get the music off the disc if you explore it enough to find the folder where the game music is. The thing I don't know is if you can copy the track on to your hd without installing it.
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 8:41 PM
Try some Yann Tiersen stuff, he was the guy who made the music on Amelie, as well as Good Bye Lenin. Le Valse des Monstres has some cool stuff on it. You can "acquire them" from any of these torrent sites...

As for the MM music, yes, its 100% certain to get them off the computer when you have installed them! Go to C:, Program Files, Maxis, The Sims, Music, Modes, Build/Buy - have a look in that direction, thats were i found my music.
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:27 PM
I didn't even think of Yann Tiersen. I actually have the soundtrack from Amelie, it's perfect. What genre of music would that be categorized as?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:03 AM
Jazz/Cabaret/Showtunes? Have you looked up Pink Martini? They did this creepy-sounding /haunting rendition of "Que Sera Sera"
#6 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 5:21 PM
Erm, Yann Tiersen is difficult because he does some nice piano stuff, kinda like Philip Glass in The Hours, which is kinda contemporary. I think its hard to classify any music because people think each artist is different i.e. they only look at certain bits. I say shop around for music. But the Amelie soundtrack would be good!