Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#51 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 11:11 PM
Ok! I'll put my best foot forward and get back to work on it! Thanks Echo!
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#52 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 3:22 AM
Well.... I'm geting ready to pack my fairytale castle lot... man! Lots of CC... Got to
find and credit all the creators... lol.. It may take me till Nov 28 to them all listed. lol

Hey Tig, I'll upload the lot as one entry and then I can come back and enter the outfits seperately? I don't know if I'll have time to finish those. New mesh.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cnj6768
What I'd like to know is if it's normal for entries to take longer than 4 days before they're posted? (i'm new and this is my first time entering into this so I literally have no clue). Thanks for any help

erm...Help?

-Carrie :)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#54 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 6:38 AM
cnj - Don't panic, your object is in the mod queue. Patience.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 7:17 AM Last edited by cnj6768 : 10th Nov 2007 at 7:18 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections :P
Ya, was wondering. It's not because of the mod queue, but rather because I've been working on my system and tweaking it out a bit for my business, so I was kind of worried that it was showing me it was in the queue, but actually never got through. LOL

Sorry, I'm a techie by trade. Those things keep my thoughts brewing at times. Much thanks for the reassurance Echo
~hugs~

-Carrie :)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 8:54 AM
porkypine, yes you can enter the lot and then do outfits separately if you get them finished.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#57 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 7:02 PM
HELP!! I am having lots of problems removing the hitchhiker CC from my lot. When I try to remove it, all the cc is gone, including the stuff I want in the lot.

I've reinstalled Sims2Pack Clean Installer to no avail.

Would someone be willing to assist me in cleaning up this lot? I can give you a Sims2pack Clean Installer screen shot of the what is to be cleaned out. However, I can not save it with the excess stuff removed, it all disappears and reverts to the original cloned item. I can upload the packed lot to my personal webspace and give you the link.

This lot requires BonVoyage, Seasons and Pets. It's a huge lot with a castle and secret escape passages, 2 village houses, gardens, a village bath house, and mass gardens and ponds. I had lots of fun making it.

Thanks, :0) If that is not possible just let me know and I'll arm wrestle with it again.

I may need to remove the furnishings to get the lot size down and just post the links for the furniture recolors and such. Maybe I'll do that. I'll need to keep the build items though. We'll see. if not, I'll just give you the pics. ! :0)
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
HELP!! I am having lots of problems removing the hitchhiker CC from my lot. When I try to remove it, all the cc is gone, including the stuff I want in the lot.

Hey there porkypine, boy do I feel your pain. I spent the last two days wrestling with hitchhikers for my lot as well. My guess is that it's not Sims2pack CleanInstaller but something else that went wrong with the cc after BV.

Here is what I did to get my lot cleaned up:
* Empty the download folder of everything (saving the original download folder to your desktop)
* Install the lot, hitchhickers & all to populate the download folder
* Use Sims2pack CleanInstaller to move the hitchhikers out of the download folder (or just delete them if you can tell which files they are)
* After the download folder is all cleaned up you can package the lot

Note that there are also problems where all of the required cc doesn't necessarily attach in the lot package. You will have to check out the lot and if anything is missing include it with your uploads as a separate file. Again you can verify this by using the clean download folder.

Good luck, I will be cheering for you.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#59 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 11:45 PM Last edited by porkypine : 12th Nov 2007 at 11:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tatiana Dokuchic
Here is what I did to get my lot cleaned up:
* Empty the download folder of everything (saving the original download folder to your desktop)
* Install the lot, hitchhickers & all to populate the download folder
* Use Sims2pack CleanInstaller to move the hitchhikers out of the download folder (or just delete them if you can tell which files they are)
* After the download folder is all cleaned up you can package the lot

sigh..... Ok. I'll arm wrestle with it when I get some time. I was thinking I'd have to do that anyway but wanted to avoid all that work. Good thing I'm working in Numenor's Utility rather than the full game. Less stuff to wade through.

thanks!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
I may need to remove the furnishings to get the lot size down and just post the links for the furniture recolors and such. Maybe I'll do that. I'll need to keep the build items though. We'll see. if not, I'll just give you the pics. ! :0)

I had to partition my lot into three parts to meet the upload size requirements. Oddly enough, Sims2pack CleanInstaller worked when I had to reduce the package size, thank goodness, though it didn't work in other situations when I was trying to remove the hitchhikers. I wish I could tell you the conditions under which it will work & when it will fail but I couldn't find a pattern. I just kept trying until some combination finally clicked. Keep us posted on your progress.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#61 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 5:29 AM
Default moan, groan, complain...
hmmm.... moan, groan, complain... AAACCKKK

Well, I've found out one thing. I can't use Sims2pack Clean Installer to install my lot. - It won't install in either Numeors base game BV set OR, the full game...

I CAN, however, use the Maxis installer, which puts it in my normal game. Well, I'll jettison the download folder contents, and work on it from the full game... fh$23h430hnfknf$#@^%@#^%$. Clean out the hitchhiker's manuallym, test and repack... SHEESH! all for a contest! I think I'll go back to making meshes instead of lots.

You may now continue with your regular programming....
Field Researcher
#62 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 9:03 PM
gahhhhhhh nohohohohohoho *cries* *goes crazy* nonono.... I totally thought uploads were accepted until the 30th -.- I submitted on the 29th... And it was sohohohoho much... *goes to whine some more*

Could I at least make it into the section but just not be included in the voting? please..... It was so much, I don't want to write it all again and upload the stuff.... *begging*

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 1:44 AM
marie, it made it in, so no worries on that part.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Field Researcher
#64 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 4:45 AM
omg omg you don't know how happy that has made me! *hug* thank you!!!

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Page 3 of 3