Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2007 at 12:35 AM Last edited by mininessie : 29th Jul 2012 at 4:51 PM.
Default accesory tutorial step by step with images
Tigger notes:
This is a thorough tutorial, but accessory meshing is not usually considered beginner material. You can get experience with milkshape and learn the features of unimesh by doing the 3 body/clothing tutorials for Unimesh.

Also there is assorted text info about editing accessories here

i had made this tutorial to help
understand how to made accesories easily.
hope i had made it understandable.
i include too links to other tutorials
and the base girl model used in the tutorial.
hope this help you :D
hughs !
mininessie

you need SimPE the latest version
and Milkshape ,last version too
and Unimesh (latest version recommended)

To use the tutorial you need to decompress the rar file "ACCESORY TUTORIAL BY MININESSIE (WEB PAGE FILE).rar " after do it..you will find an .htm file and another rar...this one includes the images ..you need decompress it in the same place and you will have a folder named "accesories tutorial_archivos"...this one and the "accesories tutorial.htm" need to be in same place ....i had to do this because the total file is so big and only is allowed 10 mg in the attachtments.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ACCESORY TUTORIAL BY MININESSIE (WEB PAGE FILE).rar (4.06 MB, 2336 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  girl base model by mininessie.rar (87.0 KB, 617 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd May 2007 at 11:52 AM
That's awesome of you to do this. Great job on the tutorial.

I do not do requests; please don't ask!
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd May 2007 at 7:15 PM
This is Wonderful! Thanks a lot, btw... if i want to make a necklace, i assign to which joints?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th May 2007 at 7:56 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 26th May 2007 at 1:30 AM.
This is a nice picture-full tutorial. Between the text information in the InfoCenter here and this tutorial, everyone should have everything they might need.

$RaMRoM$ - Load up a body mesh and compare to the vertices on the body mesh below it. That's how to do it for any accessory.

Btw, as far as I'm aware, the flashing blue accessory issue has not been solved/addressed by EA at all. So investing a lot of effort into accessories is a mixed bag, they give many people problems in pets and seasons.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Instructor
#5 Old 24th May 2007 at 8:23 AM
Thanks tig
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th May 2007 at 3:19 PM
mininessie, you're an angel that was what i need
*hugs*
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th May 2007 at 5:45 PM
"Btw, as far as I'm aware, the flashing blue accessory issue has not been solved/addressed by EA at all"

tiggerypum I did a forum search and counldn't find any links regarding this issue. Could you please point me to a thread as I am expericencing this problem. Thank you in advance.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th May 2007 at 8:19 PM
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=202569

Some accessories or combinations seem to do it more often than others - but some people have a particular accessory in their game and it works, and another person will have the same accessory blue.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th May 2007 at 6:13 AM
Thanks for the link to the info. I was wondering what was happening to one pair of glasses that would work fine sometimes but be flashing blue at others. I have pets and seasons ep's so it's good to know that there is a work arround for the problem.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#10 Old 25th May 2007 at 8:49 AM
bsett, it's not much of a 'work around' unless you really don't mind taking your sim(s) to the mirror every time you load the lot. That is why I've said many folks have grown frustrated and think twice or 3 times before making a mesh as an accessory.

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 25th May 2007 at 10:21 AM
That accessory thing is really mysterious, it was of course "introduced" with pets but i uninstalled pets and it seems Seasons causes the same problem as well.

I think is mysterious because as Tig said some stuff may not flash for someone and flash blue for another. In my game i had an accessory that it didnt flash for a quite while but then one day it started doing it .I'm assuming it has to do with something else i downloaded perhaps another accessory. It's really annoying :-(

Thank you so much for the tutorial, for a while now i have wanted to make an accessory and this is God sent! And yes i will make it despite the problem.Going to the mirror isn't as tedious and perhaps in the future maxis will fix the problem.lol

You will find my older and newest creations here
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th May 2007 at 4:24 PM
I'm sorry Mini I forgot to thank you for the easy to follow tut. The "blue flash" bug is a real shame. I can see people spending several hours carefully following a tutorial to crank out their first acceessory only to be frustrated by the blue flash and thinking it's something they did wrong
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th May 2007 at 10:18 PM
wow
thanks you alls !!
and thanks you so much tiggerypum
for your help here.
i just check this thread .
i´m very happy this can be helpful.
i have this problem with flashing accesories
but only since i have pets.
some accesories that i download before i learn
to create them, was working well
till i install pets,then sometimes looks blue too.
the ones that i create don´t show blue in my game
but not sure in other´s.
thanks you alls again :D
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#14 Old 26th May 2007 at 1:31 AM
Nicely done mininessie - I'm moving this to the tutorials area - folks go and click on that 'thank you' button for her!

Instructor
#15 Old 26th May 2007 at 6:36 PM
oh dont worry tig! im sure everyone will click the "thank" button without telling!

Thanks!

you've done a mininessie
you deserve:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th May 2007 at 10:37 PM
awww
thanks you both .
i´m really happy :D
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 27th May 2007 at 2:52 AM
Hi mininessie i have started my attempt at the accessory but i have this problem pictured here

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...ilkshapepic.jpg

Can you please tell me how to make these hayballs disappear from there and only see a stick figure like in your tutorial pictures?

Thanks in advance!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th May 2007 at 10:48 AM
these balls are the joints,you need adjust the dimensions,and you can too hide them if you want
note:mine looks a bit diferent because is the latest version
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 27th May 2007 at 3:02 PM
Thank you so much nessie! i will do so!

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 11:09 AM
I don't know how to use this tutorial, I downloaded and unpacked it, but none of the pictures show up, they're just red crosses.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#21 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 11:22 AM
Inge, extract the tutorial with that folder, it contains all the images, the html document reads from those images
#22 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 11:35 AM
Yeah I extracted it, then I found there was another rared package inside there with all the images so I extracted that too. That didn't help. Then I copied the images into the top level folder with the html page and that didn't help either, still red crosses.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#23 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 12:26 PM Last edited by $RaMRoM$ : 11th Jul 2007 at 12:34 PM.
make sure that they are in the same directory and that u didnt rename the folder, there should be the tutorial, and in the same directory there will be a folder called images_archivos or something

I will download the file and see if there were any troubles

*edit*
When you download the rar file you will find inside it an html document and an other rar file, extract them both to the desktop, open the other rar you extracted and you will find a folder in it contains images and a filelist.xml , extract the FOLDER then when u open it it will run perfectly

Pic:
#24 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 12:46 PM
Ah finally lol thanks. I wonder why it didn't just extract with the right relationships in the first place? They usually do.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 7:57 AM
oh,i just seen this!
sorry about Inge,and thanks you so much
for your work :D

thanks you too $RaMRoM$ for the help

hughs!
Page 1 of 4