Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 5:59 PM
Default How to lose a guy in # days.
Or girl...

Without cheating, what are some ways you use to cool off a romantic relationship? I know of a couple, but am not convinced that one or the other is more effective. It feels like relationships fade nicely over time and by "nicely", I mean without much anger or drama. What do you like to do? Do you take a fast approach or a slow approach? Do you bring in a new love before the old one has passed?
Do you enjoy the drama? Please share your stories of break ups.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 8:39 PM
IDK but I need some advice on this, too. I decided to fulfil the serial romantic aspiration with Caleb and didn't read that it sayd "have had 8 girlfriends/boyfriends" sooo... There's 7 Sims I currently need to disappoint quickly before they meet each other.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 1:36 AM
Woah! That last part seems extreme! I just had my vampire bite her ex. How did you deal with the post-break-up anger?

Scholar
#4 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 2:21 AM
Honestly I've never broke up sims! lol! The one time I felt that a relationship was not going to work out, I just deleted it through MCCC because it was SUPER low.
Theorist
#5 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 3:42 AM
*sits in the background taking notes on all of this*

Alright, Caleb is going to have a busy few days. Step 1: The butler. That one got complicated real fast.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 3:42 AM
It is a rare occurrence for me, since I like my Sims to be happy and the long lasting loving relationships make them happy. But I started to reconsider that only because sometimes I pick a partner that doesn't quite fit. Looking at it from the perspective of what living people go through, many people form attachments before they've figured out if they are compatible or not or even before they've grown up. It's a bit more realistic to have had at least a couple of loves in a lifetime. I don't want to do this with every Sims, but it is interesting to ponder the ways in which a couple can move from lovers to friends, if they can remain friends. And how does the new love handle the fact of a previous or first love in their partner's past? So far, there's a lot of anger, but I'm hoping it will pass.

I wish there was a mod or coding that stops the constant spamming of flirtatious actions with non-partners. Like, shouldn't there be a personality attribute having to do with being monogamous or faithful?

Theorist
#7 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 3:48 AM
In my life experience, the best way to go from lovers to friends is to not tell them at 3 am valentines day morning after you both just stayed up all night working on a valentines day project for 16 hours straight to get it done on time, that "oh, by the way, promise you won't be mad, but I'm dating your best friend now."

Speaking of post-breakup anger. Is there anyone nearby I can bite? = n=
- - Emotional Control
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Speaking of post-breakup anger. Is there anyone nearby I can bite? = n=
- - Emotional Control
Haha! Yes, you're working on Caleb, I'm playing with Lillith. When she and her boyfriend broke up, she "compelled" him to give her a small drink.

Theorist
#9 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Haha! Yes, you're working on Caleb, I'm playing with Lillith. When she and her boyfriend broke up, she "compelled" him to give her a small drink.

Small drink? >> you f***ing casual. I'm j/k of course.

I have Caleb and Lilith tag team. He'll bring home someone, woohoo them, then head off to the kitchen for a plasma fruit salad and a drink while Lilith swoops in and has her way with their delicious, delicious plasma.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 4:48 AM
Haha! I thought of having them hire a maid, just to have a ready snack around.

Theorist
#11 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 4:50 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 26th Jun 2017 at 5:07 AM.
Haha! I thought of having them hire a maid, just to have a ready snack around.

Better idea: Hire a butler, then age them down because no one in their right mind would hire an elder to do physical labour, and DRESS them as a maid!

EDIT: Her bedroom is in the attic
Scholar
#12 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:28 AM

I wish there was a mod or coding that stops the constant spamming of flirtatious actions with non-partners. Like, shouldn't there be a personality attribute having to do with being monogamous or faithful?

I agree with you. The random love-bird affairs my rotational couples would get when I first played this game was almost a deal breaker for me, but mods fixed that, and then EA did. But still, there is still random flirting so...

There are mods? I use them? MCCC has 'no autonomous flirting', then there is stop random flirting: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579848 and this one is super important in my opinion: http://modthesims.info/d/537857 NO enchanted/flirty greeting which is sure to strike up a romance with another sim. I find the biggest issue with flirting and spousal jealousy was the romance festival, literally no holds barred there, anything goes, including relationships down the toilet. But with 'stop random flirting' it hasn't been a problem for me.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:53 AM
Um, quick question - doesn't the "ask to just be friends" option work for this? Because I seem to recall having used that at some point before (and a couple of "ask to break up with"), and that this keeps the friendly relationship intact but drains the romantic (wish there was a way to remove that bar entirely, without mods or cheats. Just seems like there ought to be, since just having the bar there, even empty, feels risky) one and removes the various romantic tags. Is this something that has changed? I haven't done that in forever, so I've probably completely missed it if it got broken or removed.
Theorist
#14 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:57 AM
"Ask to just be friends" Is indeed till in the game and functional, I've used it today.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
There are mods? I use them? MCCC has 'no autonomous flirting', then there is stop random flirting: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579848 and this one is super important in my opinion: http://modthesims.info/d/537857 NO enchanted/flirty greeting which is sure to strike up a romance with another sim. .
Thank you! I've resisted getting MCCC because if feels like too much control for me, but this might just do the trick. I've been able to work around all that spam, but it does feel like a minefield and is annoying. And the innocent things that set off partners is also annoying and has been since Sims 1.

Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan
that this keeps the friendly relationship intact but drains the romantic (wish there was a way to remove that bar entirely, without mods or cheats. Just seems like there ought to be, since just having the bar there, even empty, feels risky)....
I agree, having that bar does feel risky. I've noticed that, even when empty of romance, Sims who were once involved can fall back into old patterns more easily than complete strangers.

Theorist
#16 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 9:00 PM
I think the problem with that is the emotional value cap needs to be higher, and things re calibrated so they can be more relative to each other. +1 decorated room would make a lot more sense if having an argument with someone was -10. When you can get the same positive buff from playing a modded video game on a really good computer you can negative buff for literally being on fire, there is a serious calibration issue. No seriously "I'm on fire" is only +3 tense...
Field Researcher
#17 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 7:58 AM
Ask just to be friend...
done so much drama
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 9:19 AM
Without cheating, what are some ways you use to cool off a romantic relationship?

Kill them.
Theorist
#19 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 9:53 AM
Without cheating, what are some ways you use to cool off a romantic relationship?

Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
Kill them.

Mad Poster
#20 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 4:05 PM
Make them join your mean people club, letting them become relentlessly bullied by your peers while you laugh?

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥