Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 10:35 PM
Default Custom clothing graphics...glitch?
Hi,

Some custom clothing will cause the Sims to have a glitch on their arms as they move, mostly when walking, that looks as if a dagger or string, made from the flesh, is coming off of the hand. Is there a fix for this such as changing the graphic settings? And, if so, to what? Or do I need to ditch any clothing items that do this? Picture attached.
Screenshots

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 10:59 PM
Try Turning Down edge smoothing! If this doesn't work you might have to find it using the 50/50 method
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 10:59 PM
unless someone knows what it is
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 12:05 AM
I could try fiddling with the edge setting. Thanks. I don't really see a reason for the 50/50 method, since it's clear which items this happens to, unless you are suggesting something else. Again, this happens with some custom clothing, but not all.

Scholar
#5 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I could try fiddling with the edge setting. Thanks. I don't really see a reason for the 50/50 method, since it's clear which items this happens to, unless you are suggesting something else. Again, this happens with some custom clothing, but not all.

I've never had that happen in Sims 4, but in Sims 3 it was usually because something was wrong with the mesh. I know I see a lot of custom content creators that make CAS items often say all the game settings should be set to the highest for the item to look right (Sentate particularly comes to mind) - could it be that you need to turn a setting up rather than down, if it's not the mesh?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 12:03 PM
I could give it a try and then decide if those clothing items are worth it.

Thank you both for the suggestions.