Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 6:46 AM
Default Is the graphic card able to handle HD mod?
Hey, hopefully I am posting this at the right place.

So I have been thinking a long time, and I am really tempted to install the HD mod. Just for photoshooting. However, I am just worried that my graphic card might be able to handle it. Since I am no IT person I will list out what I know about my laptop.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM [email protected]
RAM: 4.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System
Display Adapter (I reckon this would be the graphic card?): AMD Radeon HD 7670M

Is there anything else I should look at as well?

Any advices are very much appreciated. Thanks!

Tesh-
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 12:49 PM
Which mod is this? Can you give us a link?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 5:43 PM
Which patch version and EPs are you on? That'll make a big difference.

ajax, I don't have a link, but the mod increases the maximum allowed texture size for composite textures for clothing and accessories. You can pick the new maximum size - I think there are options from around 1024*1024 to 4096*4096. Obviously, this allows custom content which has been created with large textures to provide more texture clarity, but also increases the rendering requirements of the game.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 1:11 PM
I haven't been able to find much info on the 7670M other than it's one of the lower end cards and I don't think it has much VRAM. I wouldn't push it too hard if I were you.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 2:53 PM
The 7670M is quiet weak , I have laptop with i5-3210M 8GB RAM HD7670M (VRam 2GB)
Just base game it's OK max setting with 40FPS no lag.

Lots of expansion make game unplayable , I don't understand why it's still lag even lowest setting (FPS 200+).