Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 4:55 PM
Custom NPC makeover - how to?
Hello fellow simmers!

My apologies if I posted to the wrong section - please, move the thread to where it belongs, if so.

I'm looking into using Maybesomethingdunno's Coin-op Fortune Teller Automation for storytelling/screen-art purposes, it's just the right kind of an object I need except one moment, the appearance of a gypsy NPC inside.

In one of the comments (the link will take you to that exact one) MSD mentioned that custom NPC's can be "made over" to look like a specific Sim. I recall Almighty Hat also mentioned such possibility in his/her G-Rated Religion article, but detals were never given. I already have that specific Sim I need the fortune teller to look like.

The questions are:
  1. Which resources do I export in SimPE from the Sim's files to import into the NPC *.package and give her/him a makeover?
  2. Which resources, in their turn, should I keep intact so as not to break NPC's functionality?
  3. Is it possible to change NPC's gender along the way(i.e. make it male instead of female)?

Help from an experienced TS2 modder would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 1:21 PM
You probably want to replace the 3IDR, AGED, CTSS (if you want to change the sim's name), LxNR, GMDC, GMND, TXMT, GZPS, CRES and SHPE resources. Try it and test in a throwaway 'hood, if the sim is borked you'll know you did it wrong. The gender data is stored in the AGED resource, so if you've replaced that with the AGED from a male sim then the sim will be male.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.