Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 5:31 AM
Default Adventure Posters, thoughts anyone?
Hey everyone! For the Adventure theme I was hoping to do something a little different than my past creations and so I decided to start with a few simple painting recolors to get my feet wet. I am looking for some feedback...do they look okay? It is my first time attempting a painting-recolor, so encouragement and feedback are appreciated. (I am aware there is a weird purple line on the top of the paintings with words...I forgot to fix that before I took the pictures lol)

Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:29 PM
They are good and orignal. Maybe the colors are a little too pale.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 3:37 PM
They look fine (you'll want to direct people to the fix for the fading out of that painting), but from a thematic POV, seashells aren't very adventurous. Adventure posters should imply action of some sort IMHO.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
They look fine (you'll want to direct people to the fix for the fading out of that painting), but from a thematic POV, seashells aren't very adventurous. Adventure posters should imply action of some sort IMHO.

Thank you @Peni Griffin I see what you mean about the seashells. I was sort of going for a lost get-away beach theme because that is what I think of when it comes to travel and adventure. My intention was to create a couple more (in similar color ranges) with a mermaid and palm tree. Is that not super travel-like and adventurous?

Also, thank you for reminding me about the fix! I forgot about that. What I think I might do is choose another photo template entirely (that way it will be cheaper considering this is an expensive painting). So that will potentially fix the faded look it is taking on @ankoyume mentioned. (Thank you!)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:16 AM
Alright, so I remade them to go on a smaller, cheaper canvas haha Also, I added the palm tree and mermaid ones. Thoughts?

Screenshots
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 3:13 PM
They are lovely posters but they don't make me think of an adventure I'm afraid.
These images make me think of adventures

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
They are lovely posters but they don't make me think of an adventure I'm afraid.
These images make me think of adventures

Ah, okay I see. Well maybe I will just upload these as beachy posters and think of something else for the Adventure/Travel theme. Thank you for everyone's help!!