Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 5:18 PM
Default Easiest Terrain?
Looking to purchase a new expansion pack but can't make up my mind. Have base, Late Night, Riverview, and Island Paradise. The all have their pros and cons. I believe though, my main issue is I really like to build or place houses and the terrains or lot sizes so far have been so poor for my downloaded or premade, or yet to be made houses or community lots. I am really no good at trying to level terrains or fudging the landscapes. Placing new lots never seems to work on these landscapes. It seems like every time I demolish a house or lot, a lot or house of the same size for some reason no longer fits and I'm left with an empty space. Which EP would have the easiest landscape to make a decent town with less restrictions?
Thanks.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 6:22 PM
As you said, bulldozing an empty lot can leave you with a spot that you can't place a new lot on. Sometimes saving, quitting then loading fixes that.
You can also add any lot size up to 64 x 64 with awesomemod with the addlotsize xx xx cheat. Just replace the xx with whatever number you like.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
You can also add any lot size up to 64 x 64 with awesomemod with the addlotsize xx xx cheat. Just replace the xx with whatever number you like.

You don't need AwesomeMod for that, there's a standalone mod that'll also do it. I always recommend against using AwesomeMod because it can really mess up your game.

Now as for EA worlds, Moonlight Falls is flat and open. The downside is that the pack it comes with, Supernatural, has this whole magic and occult thing going on. So unless you're somehow a fan of that, I wouldn't recommend getting the pack. I suppose there's Roaring Heights, but it's a period world and you have to buy it through the Store (unless you can find a physical copy, which I doubt.)

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 7:32 PM
You can also get Roaring Heights via Amazon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 9:34 PM
Thanks for the mod link. Will try that.