Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 3:05 PM
Fire issues
I don't know if this is a glitch, a bug or just bad luck but...

I just had my first Sim Death ever (even more heartbreaking because it was my self-sim!) she died of a fire while cooking but...she was level 3 cooking skill. There was a fire alarm in the kitchen but she would not leave the house and it says you can't use the phone while there is a fire on the lot - how are you supposed to call the fire department? :'( Why did my Sim not leave the house, I even used "Go Here" to get her out and it did not work.

Obituary

Christa Rowell, a young adult lived in Oasis Springs, She had aspirations of being a best-selling author. She was a geek and bookworm. She and Johnny Zest of Oasis Springs had just had their first kiss the night before the fire. Christa lived for three days and leaves no family behind.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 3:36 PM
There is no fire department, unfortunately.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 5:40 PM
I wish there was a fire department. As fas as I know you have to put the fire out yourself or wait it out.

There is also an initial panic stage which is probably why your sim didn't move.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlwaysinPurple
<SNIP>

Obituary

Christa Rowell, a young adult lived in Oasis Springs, She had aspirations of being a best-selling author. She was a geek and bookworm. She and Johnny Zest of Oasis Springs had just had their first kiss the night before the fire. Christa lived for three days and leaves no family behind.

There's your problem there I'd say. She was still in a purple haze from the kiss the night before and wasn't paying attention to things at hand. Tragic but true...

But OT: Did you have fire sprinklers installed? In hundreds of hours play I have only had two cooking fires and both were extinguished by the sprinkler system - which is automatic; I used to think a sim had to activate them until a fire happened and after a short while the sprinklers simply came on and extinguished the fire. I have both a fire alarm (from previous TS game habit) and a sprinkler system (because why wouldn't I?), but don't know if you require both... Just something I do when fireproofing my sim's homes by reflex I think? All the good safety stuff.

First instance, my sim was alone and wouldn't leave the home nor use the phone to call for help then Whoosh! Water sprayed down upon his frightened form as he hopped and danced about in fear (as opposed to running away from the fir in fear... go figure?). The fire was extinguished and the insurance helped replace the destroyed stove and he had to hand clean the scorch marks from the surrounding bench tops and he complained for ages of the mess afterwards... I discovered that the floor under the stove was scorched and must have been smoke damaged but couldn't clean it until I shifted the stove for him and everything was fine after that.

Second instance, my sim went up but her sister and house-mate were present. Again, she wouldn't run away so I tried to get the other sims to activate the sprinkler system only to find no one could click on it any way and that they would rather gawk at the tragic sim with the literal flame hair! Then Whoosh! Sprinklers on and all was right in the universe as insurance helped pay for a new stove and the household cleaned up around the fire including under the moved stove this time! Both victims IIRC suffered a 'Crikey! I was caught in a nasty kitchen fire that almost cooked me for dinner in some non-ironic fashion that I couldn't flee from or call for help on my mobile phone as I obviously lost all signal bars' moodlet... I think that's what the moodlet read any way?

-- The Roc
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 1:52 AM
You have to tell your sims to extinguish fire if you don't have the sprinklers. Just click on the fire and tell your sim to extinguish..... You may have to cancel their panic at fire queue (not sure what it says) if its there in their queue before they will actually put the fire out.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 3:02 PM
You can also run to the nearest shower to put your sim out also to save them.