Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 8:33 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 9th Jul 2019 at 7:14 PM.
Default A sim have a constant want to sleep/ An other sim won't sleep
Hello.

I have a problem in my game and as I did not know what term to search for I post a new thread but it's possible that one or two of you long time players have seen this glinch and can give me an answer.

Anyway, I did download the basegame quite recently (when it was free on Origin) and so far I have NO CC what so ever. The game is completely Unmodded and the only updates is through Origin. The sim I have the problem whit is the first I did create in this hood and the issue is that she sometimes get a constant want to sleep, even when she have been sleeping a lot. The bed keeps queuing up and it keeps coming back if I abort it. Today I did beg her to take some leftovers and put it in the fridge but she did not. I did try over and over but she did not do it. She just picked the plate up and put it down again whitout arguing. Then I discovered that there was some spoiled food in the fridge and I did tell her to throw it away but she just put it on the floor. No matter how much I tried she would not take the plate away. And the bed was in her queue all the time. But she HAD been sleeping enough! There were No routing problems what so ever and she did not have any want to do something else. And she were in quite a good mood. It's not the first time this thing does happen on this lot whit this sim (it's have been like that since day one) and just this one sim (of 5 playable sims in the hood) have this problem. It does not happen every time I play, it's more of a thing that happen now and then.

So I'm asking: Is there a patch that solves a problem like that or how to solve the problem. It's also possible that the problem is me. I don't know all of the game mechanics and can do things wrong or don't understand how things work. I have been playing TS2 for about 10 years (and TS3 for about 4-5 months) and in TS2 a non working sim can be "fixed" by using the code "Move objects_on" and then deleting the sim whit the sledgehammer. (After this the game should be saved and after exit to hood and entering the lot again the sim would be back and normal). But I do not think that this trick will work in TS4. And I do not want to lose this sim because I like her.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 11:30 AM
I had a similar issue with a sim wanting to take a bath or a shower. No mods, only a few offiial DLC added.
The want to take a shoer always popped up and did not go away, even though the bar was full on green.
What heped then was to let the need decay until it was orange or red. This did fix the issue.

I suggest to remove all beds and spaces to nap on and put them into the FamilyInventory, then wait until the energy need is yellow or orange/red.
Then let your sim sleep. This is what fixed my shower problem, so I assume it will help.
A faster way is, if Island Lving is installed, to use "Siren's Call" on your sim. This will decay every motive to deep orange (Energy, Hunger) and red (everything else), but should fix the needs. Just make sure your Sim doesn't drown or starves first.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 2:02 PM
I should try that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 7:32 PM
I'm back.

Nope, it did not work. I had the sim going until her energy was in the red (very low down) and she could hardly do anything. every action I tried got cancelled automaticly. The only thing she could eat was the mushrooms she had in her inventory. She could use the toilet and the shower but everything else was critical. I did remove the sofa and the beds and after that she could so some things but as soon as I put them back in she had the same problems. Can it be the beds? It's no CC, just some better beds from the game (not to pricy or fancy). Don't know the name but they do look something like this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Xt2Vu0xaa...br7io4_1280.png And both sims are sleeping in simillar beds but only she got the problem.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 7:22 PM
Updates here because my game seems to be far more broken then before. Today I discovered that a sim on an other lot would not go to sleep at all. At first I thought it was bacause her energy bas was in the green but even if it's yellow she keeps jumping out of bed after a couple of minutes. What's wrong whit this stupid game? I'm getting quite angry over here now because it's this like this that kills all joys of playing.

Bonus info: Today it took about 30 minutes to start the game in the first place. If I did start Origin manually and then start the game it worked but it don't use to be that way. I'm regret more and more that I did install this shitty game at all.
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 10:10 PM
Hello! Just to run through a couple quick troubleshooting things with you, here's a couple things to try!

1. Restart your computer. This can help with an amazing number of things, as computers need to be restarted every so often.
otherwise they can get a little slow and cause odd things to occur. Try playing again and see if the issue continues to occur.

2. Repair your game via Origin. Click on the Sims 4 picture in your game library and click on the settings button (it looks like a gear!). Then hit Repair and let it work. After it finishes, try playing again and see if the issue continues to occur.

3. Pull out your Sims 4 folder and let it generate a new one. To do this, you'll need to access your Documents folder, Electronic Arts, and pull your Sims 4 folder out to either your Desktop or somewhere else on your system where you can find it.

If these simple things don't help, I'd suggest getting in touch with an official EA representative on Origin, I've had to go to them a couple times and they've always been very helpful! They'll be able to look at things I can't and suggest additional things to do.

I hope this helps and you get your game working soon!
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 10:32 PM
Thank you. I willl not have the possibility to look into it for a few days but will as soon as I can.
Inventor
#8 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 9:49 AM
Btw, for a bug with sims jumping out ouf bed, it helps when you press the 'manage worlds' button, and then return back to this sim.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 12:21 PM
Repairing the game though Origin like DragonSong suggested fixed the problem whit the sim jumping out of bed. I did not have the time to test if it also fixed the main problem I had but hopefully it did. I will take a look when I have acces to the computer. I will remember your post Anhaeyn. Thank you.