Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 11:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Edit existing walls
Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to edit an existing wall. I would like to add a border to one that came with the game. Is there a way to do this? The edit option in Homecrafter does not let you do much....

Thanks,
Eric
Advertisement
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 10:06 AM
It's actually very easy to do, but you have to do it in a photo editing program like Photoshop or Paintshop or one of the freebees if you don't have access to either of those. HystericalParoxysm has an excellent tutorial here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147840 that even has links to some of the free software.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 2:36 PM
Thanks, but I have read that before and does not seem to be what I was looking for. I am looking to change a wall covering that came with the game, not create my own from scratch.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 2:44 PM
No, you can't alter those as they are part of the game data files. You'd need to copy them and make a different wallpaper as JLonier described, instead.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 2:50 PM
Weeellll, technically, you could make a default replacement texture for the original wall, but that's a lot of needless effort. If you note in the thread on the tutorial, someone asked about editing walls and I did explain how to do that step-by-step too, if you read down in the thread.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.