Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2019 at 7:28 PM
Default Head Canon
Sims are wearing socks even when you can't see them.

Ditto underwear

Woohoo is stuff that won't get you pregnant or transmit STIs.

Risky is any penetrative sex. The risk isn't just pregnancy. 10% chance of conception is right on target for effective birth control in the real world.

"Try for baby" is timed rhythm method intentional conception sex.

What's your head canon?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd May 2019 at 10:21 PM
I've got the formal definition in hand, but am not sure what exactly qualifies as "headcanon." Would these count?

All forms of woohoo are risky. Not related to conception, the risk is that you may be expected to talk to your partner in the morning and possibly to prepare and serve them a full breakfast.

Some of my sims have secretly found a way to Divide By Zero without bursting into flames.

My sims have each formed a personal detailed opinion about their player.
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd May 2019 at 10:26 PM
(I think we are going into certainly dangerous territory *grabs popcorn*) !insert_popcorn_emote

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2019 at 11:20 PM
My definition of head canon are things you've decided with no confirmation. If you thought that Buck Broke was actually Ruby's brother, that would be an example of head canon.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th May 2019 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
What about a chest canon?

Any sim who develops a case of "heartburn" so strong that it attracts a stadium full of spectators whenever it flares up should probably be seeking the services of a high level medical professional. Those free clinics they give in the park can be very helpful for those who don't like or trust hospitals. Just sayin'.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th May 2019 at 4:43 PM
Simlish is not a real language; it's actually an even more confusing version of Scottish made worse by centuries of heavy colonial-era alcoholism.

Sims are fully aware they're inside a simulation.....they just don't really care.

Sims are terrified of vacuum cleaners. No one really knows why.

All Sims think Europe is a country.

Puddings can look back at you through your computer monitor, and they think you're ugly, too.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#8 Old 25th May 2019 at 5:22 PM
The Grim Reaper is actually quite lonely, and would love to be just a regular sim.

Some sims have developed the ability to sneak out of the game while nobody is paying attention to them. Donald Trump is one of them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th May 2019 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Some sims have developed the ability to sneak out of the game while nobody is paying attention to them. Donald Trump is one of them.

This explains a lot of things, actually...
Forum Resident
#10 Old 26th May 2019 at 7:43 PM
My head cannon is that Woohoo uses contraceptives (super effective ones!) and Risky Woohoo doesn't.

Also, a lot of times I make up excuses when I use motive cheats. Like, my Sim's hunger is going down because they're eating a granola bar on their way to work. Or they used the employee locker room to shower. Things like that! I also use cheats when babies have the "lonely" moodlet while sleeping. Like, who gets lonely while sleeping?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 31st May 2019 at 11:00 AM
Americans speak English, but sims in Sunet Valley speak Simlish
French speak French, but sims in Champs les Sims speak Simlish
Egyptians speak Arabic, but sims in Al Simhara speak Simlish
Chinese speak Chinese, but sims in Shang Simla speak Simlish

Nothing wrong here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 31st May 2019 at 2:37 PM
This is pretty meta, but the Sim universe is an alternate reality of our world.

On a less meta note...

Stu surprise is week old leftovers thrown in a soup.

Elevators are sentient.

Paperboys and papergirls are orphans paid by the government.

Ice cream trucks are self driving.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 31st May 2019 at 10:06 PM
In the sims 3 for wii sims skip the infant and toddler stages and come home from the hospital already grown to child. My friend and I made up a head canon that the city's government was sick of infants and toddlers being left alone all over town by neglectful and dumb parents that they ordered doctors to start feeding instant growth formula to every newborn so they could be immediately old enough to take care of themselves if they were abandoned.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 12:16 AM
Sims have growth spurts between life stages that cause them to look completely different in terms of height and size (and sometimes face) within only minutes (Since sims years are only 28 days, maybe a two hour growth spurt isn't that strange). I headcanon that this is what aging up is

I also headcanon that there's infinite versions of each sim to explain why two of my sims can talk on the phone to the same sim at a time, meanwhile I'm watching that very same sim they're having a phone conversation with, jogging on a treadmill at the gym. :}

Oh, and I headcanon that sims actually notice if things in a room are matching. To me, they notice a difference between a room that goes together, and a room that's got cow print couches, blue flames on the walls, pink plaid tables, etc. Otherwise, all my decorating is pointless lol.