Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 6:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My pet has suddenly disappeared.
Yesterday, I played a Sims family for the first time in some months. My memory was fuzzy on what exactly was going on. Turns out my Sim was just dealing with having three kids in the house, two of them being twins. Whatever.

After roughly ten minutes I noticed some objects in the big custom house. Pet objects. Then it hit me. "I used to have a cat in this family!"
Where did it go??
It wasn't with the rest of the family, where you can select members. It wasn't in the yard (like that'd help.)
I looked in my Sim's memories. Maybe it died. Nope! Not a single memory of the cat dying, or running away! Nada!
I'm BAFFLED, I'm AMAZED.
This cat pulled a Houdini on me.

Has anyone ever had this issue before? If so, did you ever find the sollution? At this point, I don't even care if the cat comes back, I just wanna know where it went.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 7:18 PM
Disappearing sims is one of the nastier signs of neighborhood corruption, but don't panic yet.

First, do they have memories of getting the cat to begin with? Any sign of him in the relationship panel? If either of those things exist, the odds are good that the cat is still in the neighborhood somewhere.

If you can use SimPE, the easiest way to find out where he is would be, to open it up, load the neighborhood, open the Sim Browser, set it to show everybody, the arrange the browser in whatever way would make it easiest to locate him. If you can remember his name (and it should be attached to the memory or relationship portrait), I'd go for that. Once you locate him, you can find out what Household he's in.

If you can't use SimPE, but have the name, you could use Inge's teleporter or (probably) one of the in-game editing objects like SimBlender and cycle through all the household options till you find him. If it's one of the names generated by the game, like Bailey or Hatbox, you'll probably have to teleport him in and make him selectable to be sure he's the right one.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 8:38 PM
Thankfully, the Sims do have a memory of recieving the cat AND the cat is in the relationships with everyone he's ever interacted with. I'll have to check out SimPE. It's something I've debated downloading for quite some time.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 11:21 PM
Did you try the phone to see if there is an option to call for a runaway pet?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 11:32 PM
A runaway pet should still be in the portraits, with a stick-and-bundle icon.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 2:30 AM
My pet is sadly, not in the portraits.
I have one last theory but it's a reach. My family has a total of 8 children. While moving out, one of them could have taken the cat with them. I could have done that to provide the house with more space. I have no memory of doing this, though.
This is an unfortunate side effect of either genetics or medication: my memory is very hazy.

What I'll do is download SimPE and look to see where my pet is. Thank you all for the advice.

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zystem
My pet is sadly, not in the portraits.
I have one last theory but it's a reach. My family has a total of 8 children. While moving out, one of them could have taken the cat with them. I could have done that to provide the house with more space. I have no memory of doing this, though.
This is an unfortunate side effect of either genetics or medication: my memory is very hazy.

What I'll do is download SimPE and look to see where my pet is. Thank you all for the advice.

I would first try using the Bat Box {FFS Debugger} and making everything thing on the lot error and if that failed You could use Inge's Teleporting Cat or you could use Sim Wardrobe's Visual Teleporter and teleport the cat in.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 6:31 AM Last edited by Charity : 28th Mar 2019 at 4:14 PM.
But the cat came back the very next day,
The cat came back, we thought he was a goner,
The cat came back, he just wouldn't stay away.

Sorry, got it stuck in my head.