Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:24 AM
Default Anybody have an interest in...?
I was just curious... does anybody have an interest in simply sitting back for a while, letting their Sims make their OWN decisions, and then maybe reporting back here on what all happened? That's one of the things *I* plan on doing, honestly
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:30 AM
You know I plan on it!

I will decorate her house so that it glows with awesomeness...and then just sit back and watch her goooooooo.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
You know I plan on it!

I will decorate her house so that it glows with awesomeness...and then just sit back and watch her goooooooo.

:PI'm just gonna create a sim in my likeness, move her into a furnished house, then see what she does from there Of course I may upgrade a few pieces of furniture where I see fit.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:45 AM
I'll definitely be doing this, (though the reporting back never occurred to me), though it probably won't be the first thing I do. Might not even get around to it on the first day. So much more to explore!

Man, less than 12 hours to go.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:47 AM
I gotta say, I've made a couple of posts tonight, and although the majority of them was just me rambling, it's fun talking about the sims' antics. I think that's a sign that it's a lot more alive than the sims 2.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by efreak1974
I gotta say, I've made a couple of posts tonight, and although the majority of them was just me rambling, it's fun talking about the sims' antics. I think that's a sign that it's a lot more alive than the sims 2.

Yeah, it is! I've just been so anxious to turn my Sims loose and see what THEY choose to do with their lives... who THEY choose to marry. That sort of thing. It makes it more like a little world living inside my computer... I LOVE it! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
Yeah, it is! I've just been so anxious to turn my Sims loose and see what THEY choose to do with their lives... who THEY choose to marry. That sort of thing. It makes it more like a little world living inside my computer... I LOVE it! :lovestruc

Well I got good news for you. I think you will be very satisfied with the sims 3 in that department. And don't forget to frequently check on your neighbors as well. The drama of other families can be pretty interesting too.
Theorist
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:29 AM
In theory, I think it's an awesome idea and as I've said before I wouldn't mind watching a Sim for a while just to see what happens. At the same time I know I'd have to sit on my hands to stop myself from keeping them do something really, really stupid. I played the Asylum Challenge where I could only control a single Sim in a family of eight and it was a nightmare! At the same time, it was very entertaining.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:34 AM
I tried that, but the stupid opportunities would pop up and pause the game
My sims went autonomous for about four sim hours. I was expecting to wake up with new simbabies and stuff, but there was nothing except that one of the sims had decided to make mac & cheese for dinner. Vereh exciting.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xoxSugah
I tried that, but the stupid opportunities would pop up and pause the game
My sims went autonomous for about four sim hours. I was expecting to wake up with new simbabies and stuff, but there was nothing except that one of the sims had decided to make mac & cheese for dinner. Vereh exciting.

You know, good homemade mac n cheese can be very satisfying.
Theorist
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:41 AM
Quote:
You know, good homemade mac n cheese can be very satisfying.

Ooh, yes, yes it is. We don't eat a lot of things like pasta, but once in a great while we'll make macaroni and cheese with whole wheat noodles, and my daughter makes a cheese sauce that is out of this world. It's a recipe she concocted on her own and it's wonderful.

Hmmm, opportunities pausing the game don't sound too keen.
Instructor
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:57 AM
Maybe they should come up with a way for people to have the sims randomly chose an option.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sidheed
Maybe they should come up with a way for people to have the sims randomly chose an option.

That would be awesome <3
Maybe if they don't do it someone here will.

'Cause I was -really- looking forward to that part of it. I made a whole new savegame just for watching.
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:18 AM
Whenever I let my Sims in Sims 2 do whatever they want, my family ended up being partly dead or near dead. And yes, I had the free will on :-).
My Simmies simply can't live without me :-D.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xoxSugah
That would be awesome <3
Maybe if they don't do it someone here will.

'Cause I was -really- looking forward to that part of it. I made a whole new savegame just for watching.

Well, it's mainly us clicking "yes" or "no" on whether or not we want them to do the opportunity, and unlike the chance cards, they DON'T go away when you take too long! >< So letting them run wild is annoying, especially if you have more than one sim in a career or at school, who's achieved any level of a skill. Those boxes never stop popping up!

So leaving the game running for hours won't get you very far.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SugaFairy
Whenever I let my Sims in Sims 2 do whatever they want, my family ended up being partly dead or near dead. And yes, I had the free will on :-).
My Simmies simply can't live without me :-D.
The TS3 Sims may not need as much help. Don't forget, they've been created to be able to look after themselves better than the previous games' Sims have been.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shikonah
Well, it's mainly us clicking "yes" or "no" on whether or not we want them to do the opportunity, and unlike the chance cards, they DON'T go away when you take too long! >< So letting them run wild is annoying, especially if you have more than one sim in a career or at school, who's achieved any level of a skill. Those boxes never stop popping up!

So leaving the game running for hours won't get you very far.

I think you misread (or I have?). We're talking about making it so the sims themselves will decide whether to accept or deny the opportunities so they won't hang up the game...so that it actually WILL just run for hours instead of pausing at random for opps.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:40 AM
True, they may fare a bit better, but they still do stupid things. I guess it comes down to how stupid someone's sims from TS2 were by comparison, as to whether these are actually much smarter.

Personally, I'm just glad I can make them STOP making the bed when they start. And they don't do it right before the carpool decides to leave them behind! The best improvement by far.

Edit: True it'd be nice to have a mod for the popup, but I dunno if that'd be well-received. I'd just prefer a mod that just said "Skip it" because there are things you actually have to accomplish afterwards.
Instructor
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:43 AM
This sounds fun, I'll try to check back in tomorrow and update if any omg things happen during gameplay with sims i'm not controlling. o.O
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:53 AM
the great thing i love about the sims 3 is they learn, my freind has the game and when he was playing, he desided to stop and see what his family did, they all slept in the beds he had been putting them in, the teenages did there homework the second they got home from school (like he tells them to when his playing) and just little things, pluss if you don't play they make food and don't just stand there till they die! it's just a great game
Instructor
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:53 AM
The pop up randomiser was my idea **cries**

I am making myself content watching trashy rom coms till friday. But I am running out of tissues.....
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:59 AM
lol yeah, the little things are nice -- like singing in the shower. However, my music sim still plays the guitar until her hunger and bladder are in the red... And I saw a sim on the street watch her until he literally passed out of fatigue. Everyone stopped watching, she stopped playing, and the whole group collectively worried about him until he got up. lol that was fantastic to see.
Instructor
#23 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 10:02 AM
It would be interesting to see if you could video these SIm gone wild moments and create a story to go along with it... it could be very exciting me thinks.... hmmm
Field Researcher
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 10:12 AM
lol Youtube will be buzzing in short order -- with all the traits, there's no way someone won't capture the quirkiness on video
Instructor
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 10:20 AM
The best idea would be to create 3 sims who are specifically designed to hate each other and get on one anothers nerves. But have one of them be a viloent evil type, another a silent pacifist type and the 3rd a mediator type.

Sit back and watch it come to a boil..... hehehehehehe
Page 1 of 2