Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 11:48 PM
Default OMG! Nanny!
I've had this problem before in life stories, also in Sims2. The dad's carpool will arrive at 9AM, the nanny just showed up at 12:30AM . Wasn't sure if dismissing her will have her show up at the right time or not, so I sent him to a community lot for a bit. On his way to the taxi she was following him and the little icon said 'annoy'. This can be frustrating if a sim doesn't have a lot of money and has to pay for a nanny to just hang around until work time. He is one with not a lot to waste. I do have a no welfare mod and the toddler can be directed on what to do if left alone but he won't leave anyway. I don't remember any mod that makes the nanny follow a simple routine and at a loss as to what to do. He needs to work to earn money and get his platinum in 3 more levels. His daughter was from alien abduction since he spent too long at the telescope. Silly sim. Has anyone figured a work around for annoying nannies? (other than torturing or killing them)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 11:53 PM
I find if I really need a nanny the best way is to call when you get the pop up for the car pool and to choose 'just for now' If you use track schedule it can get messed up when your sim gets a promotion. This way she also won't arrive when you don't want her to because one parent has the day off while she is on the schedule of the other sim. Before she leaves give her a decent tip it will make her like your sim a whole lot plus she stands still so you can do tip-dismiss.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 11:57 PM
I usually get annoyed with the nanny schedule as well and had much better results with calling her "just for now" as soon as the carpool notice comes up.

Pescado also has a mod that lets sims leave, even if there is nobody left to take care of the children, which is rather handy, when the nanny is running a few minutes late, but I am not sure, if that wouldn´t clash with the mod you already have, as his mod does still allow social services to take away toddlers and babies, who are left alone.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 11:58 PM
That's not normal game behavior at all. I suggest you look for a hack conflict or glitchy download (the steps to do this are in the Game Help FAQ, under the help tag above).

Alternatives to nanny use are (for AL users) having the neighbors watch the kids; moving in an adult or teen with no job or at least hours that don't overlap the parent's, taking vacation days, moving in with another family to share childcare, quitting a job for the duration. Which are practical/desirable will vary a great deal from family to family.

With hacks and a lot of prep, it's possible to build a playable daycare center, but you'd have to study up to do it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 12:04 AM
Peni I have heard that a glitch with the nanny arrival time can happen when it doesn't register a sims promotion.

As another alternative I use a mod called 'Watch kids". I invite a friend over and ask to watch kids is on their pie menu.
There are also other mods. I have used a day care with Christianlov's transporter mirror as well as the all in one NPC mod. You can set it so a playable sim turns up at certain hours. I don't think you will find any non selectable sim any better at child care then the nanny though. The neighbors are just as dense.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 12:22 AM
This is Life Stories, I'm sure most mods won't work but I use very little just to be safe. My kids can stay home alone when teen siblings and/or parents are working. It is possible for toddlers too but some sims won't leave a toddler. I've had the problem in Life Stories before with no mods or cheats being used. It's an occasional problem. Since I don't use money cheats either, it's difficult for him to quit work until he builds up some cash. Although they don't pay bills, he does need to buy things for the house and his child. I'll try the 'just for now' option, long as I don't forget to call. Been there, done that. Thanks for all your quick replies and information!
Site Helper
#7 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 2:09 AM
No need to post in the Sims 2 forum. We now have a Stories forum, for discussion about the Sims Stories:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=674
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 2:44 AM
Thank you, Mootilda! Didn't know it was up already.