Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 5:36 PM
Anna's diary (finished - link to sequel added)
hello everyone!

this is the story about Anna's life, told by herself. Her story begins at the university, (since starting with her completely normal childhood, would've been unneccessary...). It's also a story about the fact that life's not always being fair and, well, things does not always turn out the way we might expect. The ups and downs of life, you might say.

this is my first story here, and i've used a lot of time on both the story and the pictures, so I really hope you'll like it.

and I'd really like to get comments/rating (you know, the star thing in the right corner...) on the story!

so... on to the story!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTER 1: what's wrong with me?

Dear diary
My name is Anna. I found this web-page where you can write about yourself, you know, something like a diary that other people can read. So hello, everybody! I’ve been looking for something like this all since I started university two months ago, and I’ve given the address to all my friends at home. I don’t know anybody here yet, except Tiffany. She’s my best friend here, and we share a room in the apartments the school rent out for students. If you wonder, I’m studying maths, English and science, and all of those geeky classes. Maybe I may seem a bit geeky to all of you that don’t know me, but I’m not. Well, I like schoolwork, and I always try to do my best, so maybe I’m a bit geeky. Just maybe. Well, since I’ve got a lot of homework, I have to go back to it now, but stay tuned. I’ll be back!

“Are you finished with the computer, Anna?” Tiffany asked. “I’ve got loads of homework, and I need to use the internet.”

“Yes, I’m finished. I’ve got a lot of homework, too, but mostly maths, and I don’t need the computer for that.” I rose from my chair. Suddenly, I felt really dizzy, and stumbled into the desk.

“Are you all right?” Tiffany asked.
“I think so. I’ve just been feeling dizzy a lot lately. It’s nothing to worry about, I’m fine.”
“Are you sure? You’re pale. And you don’t look too good. I think you need to go see the doctor, or at least lay down.” Tiffany felt my forehead. “And you’re burning up! Go to bed right now! You should skip school tomorrow. You’re sick.”

“No, I’m fine. It’s just hot in here.” I didn’t tell her anything about my stomach being all in an uproar, that my head that was about to explode, and that I felt near to fainting.
“I’m sure it’s just the flu or something, but you need to lie down, Anna, or you won’t get better.”

Tiffany supported me towards the bed, and I lay obediently down under the soft and warm covers, while I tried not to think about all the homework I was supposed to finish.

I really did feel tired, and I’d had troubles concentrating all evening.

I curled up under the covers, and fell asleep almost at once.
3 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 5:39 PM
Default the rest of chapter 1
----
I woke when I heard Tiffany getting herself ready for school the next morning.
“Why didn’t you wake me? I have to go to school!”
“You need to sleep. You’re sick, and the last thing you need is to do maths all day. Just try to get some sleep. I’ll tell the teacher you’re sick.” Tiffany took her shoulder bag and left the room.

I got up as soon as I heard the door lock behind her, but getting ready for school turned out to be harder than I had thought it would be.

The dizziness almost overwhelmed me, and the breakfast went right in the toilet after I had tried to eat it. I went to school feeling worse than ever.

I ran into the classroom, breathing “sorry I’m late” to the teacher, and sat down.

Tiffany gave me a look that said “Get to bed, or else…” when she saw me, but I didn’t care. We had an important test that day, and I didn’t want to miss it.

In the middle of the class, however, I knew that Tiffany had been right. I should definitely have stayed in bed. My concentration was at a minimum, and when I looked at the paper, the numbers seemed to jump around, almost like they were mocking me.

I blinked several times, and whispered to them that they’d better get to their right places, but they didn’t seem to hear me, and continued jumping around. They grew, and suddenly, one of them, number 8, jumped to the floor, and started dancing in front of me. I blinked. This wasn’t right. Something wasn’t right… something… the thought slipped from me. I had to go to bed. I was tired.

I looked down. All of a sudden, the floor did a sort of twist, and tipped up to meet my face.

My chair fell over me. A large number 5 ran over to me, yelled something to the others, and tried to lift me. Then someone turned off the light, and I could remember no more.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 7:14 PM
I like it so far..I cant wait to know what is wrong with her
Inventor
#4 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 8:36 PM
"A large number five ran over to me." So funny! Well, keep going! You're a cliffhanger type of writer, aren't you? *evil grin*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 8:55 PM
It was really ment to be the fever fantasies Anna had right then, but I like to put in a few funny things, even though I'm witing drama.

I also love to take funny pics from the simmies' lives, and the ones in my game has got a lot of them...(and I have posted some of the pictures in some of the threads here, before, but I don't know if they're still there.)
Inventor
#6 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 9:18 PM
Yes, a friend of mine once broke her arm, and when she went to get the cast they gave her some really strong pain meds. She had this weird hallucination that she was tiny and running along her cast, being chased by a monster.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 9:25 PM
something like that, yes...

and I've read too much of the fantasy series "Wheel of time". the unlucky ones there always gets fever fantasies when they're hurt...

and then imagine having fever fantasies in the middle of a math-test, seeing big numbers dancing in front of you - talk about nightmare!
Inventor
#8 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 11:42 PM
Well, I like it so far. I want to see more! ^_^
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 1:05 AM
i'm editing the other chapters right now, but I need more pictures, and my game uses over an hour just to start up (thanks to laptop, all games installed and a LOT of downloads - almost 10GB! it's a wonder it starts at all... ), and now it's 02.09 in the night. but there may be a new chapter tomorrow...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 2:56 PM
Default chapter 2: at the hospital

I woke up at the hospital, in a soft and comfortable bed. I wanted to continue sleeping, but someone was there with me. A doctor, I thought. He was dressed in white, at least.

“Hello, are you awake? How are you feeling?” he asked.
“I think so. I feel… I don’t know… better, I guess.” Just then, my stomach protested. The doctor saw I was about to throw up, and held something under my chin. When I finished, the doctor handed me some paper, and I dried my mouth. “I think I got my answer now,” he said with a smile. I nodded.

“What’s wrong with me? Is it the flu, or something?”
“It might seem that way, but we’re not sure. We’ve been running some tests on you, since the fact that you fainted made us worry it might be something more than just a simple flu. How long have you been feeling, well, not good?”

“Since winter, I think. Since I was little, I’ve never gotten sick more than a few times, mostly just the flu or a small cold, and… you know… But lately, I’ve been sick more times than I can count. And it seems I’m sicker each time. I can’t be near someone with a cold, or I get it too, only ten times worse. Can you please find out what’s wrong with me? I’m tired of being sick all the time.”
“We’ll try. Just sleep, now. You need rest, even though it might just be the flu you’ve got. You had a really high fever when you came, and that’s not good. I’ll some back later, but just call for me if you need something.”

I felt really tired. Just talking to the doctor had sapped my strength, and I just couldn’t hold my eyes open longer. I curled up, and fell asleep again.
The next day, it seemed the doctors tested everything worth testing. So that at the end of the day, I was surprised if I had any blood left in my body. They had also scanned me with X-ray, MRI, CT and everything else, it seemed.

At the end of the day, I felt really tired, and it didn’t help that my family finally came to visit late that night.

They lived a few hours away, and had had to drive. My little sister talked and talked, just like my mother, and soon my ears felt as sore as my arms, which had red spots from all the blood samples the doctors had taken. A nurse finally came in, and said I needed sleep, so my family left. I fell asleep at once.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 3:04 PM
Default Chapter 3: an unexpected visit

Dear diary.
I’m having a really bad time right now. I’m at the hospital, and I don’t know what’s wrong with me. At first, I thought it was just the flu, but the doctors are worried it might be something worse. I’ve borrowed a computer at the hospital library, to keep you updated, you know. But I’m sure they’re going to chase me to bed again. Yup, I was right. The doctor is looking for me. I’ll keep you updated. Bye for now.

“What are you doing, Anna? I thought I told you to stay in bed.” He found a wheelchair, and I sat down in it.
“I really don’t need a wheelchair, you know. I can walk just fine. I got here, didn’t I?”

“Yes, and I’m sure you stumbled most of the way. I know your dizziness hasn’t stopped.”
I didn’t say anything. I didn’t want to tell him he was right.

He followed me to my room, and waited until I was in bed again.
“If I’m not completely wrong, we’ll get your test results tomorrow. Just so you know.” He smiled, and left my room.

I stared at the door. I was really bored. There was nothing to watch at the TV, and the magazines my mother had brought, I had already read twice.

I’d tried to read a book, too, but found it hard to concentrate. My family was out for lunch, and my mum had said they would come back later. I closed my eyes. I could try to sleep again. Sleep, I felt I had gotten enough of in the last four days.

“Hello, are you awake?”
I opened my eyes. Tiffany stood in the doorway, looking at me.

“Finally someone to talk to!” I smiled. “Hello, Tiffany. I wondered why you didn’t show up.”
“I’m sorry, but you know we’ve had a lot of tests lately, and I’ve been drowning in work. I came yesterday, too, but you were asleep, and I didn’t want to wake you, so I left. I’ve taken a well deserved small break now, just to visit you. And I also promised the others to give you this get well-card.” She handed me a cute card with a bear holding flowers. I smiled, and put the card on a table next to the bed.

“Thank you for coming. I’m tired of only having my family and the doctors to talk to. Mum talks so much I never seem to get a word in, and the doctors don’t have time for chatting.”

Tiffany sat down in the chair next to my bed. “Do you know what’s wrong with you, yet?”
“No. The doctor said the test results come back tomorrow. I’m sick of having to wait. I want to go home. Or back to school. Anything else than bore my self to death here.”
“I see what you mean. It’s really awful to wait for the answer, true?”
“Yeah.”

We talked a long time about school, boys, homework, parties, and everything else other than sickness. Tiffany left when my family came back, and promised to come back the day after.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 5:31 PM
Default chapter 4: Why me?
nobody that's reading this story? just wondering... :confused:
anyway, here comes chapter four
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
chapter 4
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was sitting up in the bed, feeling better for the first time since I got to the hospital. My mother was chatting as usual, and dad and my little sister, Hallie, tried awkwardly playing cards, using my bedcovers as a table.

“Do you want coffee?” my dad asked mum. “I’m going to get some for myself.”
“Yes, thank you.”
“Can you get me a soda?” Hallie asked. Dad went out, promising to bring her some.

Just then, the doctor came in. He was not smiling.

“I’m afraid I’ve got bad news,” he said.
I almost stopped breathing.
“Then you know what’s wrong with me?” I asked, almost too afraid to hear the answer.
“Yes. I’m afraid you’ve got leukemia.”
Leukemia. Just the word alone frightened my wits away. I couldn’t believe it. I was going to die.
“Are you sure? Completely sure, I mean?” my mother asked.

“I’m afraid so. Leukemia usually weakens the immune system, which means you get infections faster than everybody else, and they also last longer than what are normal. That’s why you get sick faster than everybody else, Anna. You need treatment at once. I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but if you had come here a few months later, it might’ve been too late for us to do something. If we start the treatment right now, you have a good chance to get well again, but I can’t promise anything.”
I didn’t know what to say. I was completely stunned. I just lay there while my mother tried to comfort me.

Just then, dad came in with the coffee.
“What’s wrong? Anyone died?” he smiled sheepishly.
I stated weeping.

“I didn’t mean it. What’s wrong? Did I say something wrong?”
Mum shot an angry glance at him. “The doctor came in after you left. She’s got leukemia, Martin.”
The cups of coffee broke when they hit the floor.

“I’m so sorry, Anna,” he said, and embraced me. “Don’t cry, dear.”

Mum joined the hug, and so did Hallie, too. We stood there for a long time, all of them trying to comfort me, but nothing mum, dad, my little sister or the doctors said, helped.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 5:33 PM
Default rest of Chapter 4
They started the treatment later that day. They had to isolate me, because the treatment was going to further weaken my immune system, and since the flu made me even weaker. I felt really down. My mood got worse every day, food tasted badly, and I threw up all the time because of the medication they gave me.

I just lay there, feeling sorry for myself. No one managed to brighten my mood, and since only my family was allowed to visit me, I didn’t have Tiffany or anyone else to talk with.

I hated looking myself in the mirror, and only did it when I was alone. I looked like a wreck, with heavy bags under my eyes, and ashen skin. I tried to comb my hair to make it look better. I had long, wavy red hair that I really liked.

It helped a little – until it started to fall off. At first only more than usual fell off, but then I lost hair in big chunks. I cried a lot when it happened. I didn’t want to get bald. But I did. That, more than anything, made my mood go really dark.

I was angry, sad or irritated all the time, and didn’t smile for two whole months in a stretch. My family didn’t know what to do with me. The doctors said it looked like the treatment worked, and that it seemed I slowly got better, but it didn’t feel that way. They also started giving me radiation therapy, and I always felt really sick afterwards.

Because I ate little, I got really thin. The doctors tried to tempt me with delicious-looking food, but everything tasted bile.

I wouldn’t get better if I didn’t eat, they said, but I didn’t listen. I didn’t care. The internet-diary I had been so worked up about was completely forgotten, and because I didn’t update it, mum got a lot of worried telephone calls from my friends at home, who of course worried about me. But I didn’t care. I had almost lost the will to live.
Inventor
#14 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 7:19 PM
This is very depressing... I hope something better happens in the next chapter. ...This isn't based on personal experience, is it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 7:47 PM
luckily, no... just my crazy fantasy, and a LOT of watching tv-series like chicago hope - plus sharing an apartment with a medical student...

have to say I borrowed some of her books to put in some reality...
Inventor
#16 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 8:17 PM
Yes, it is very realistic. I love the hospital scenes you set up! The Sims 2 creators around the internet are really amazing, aren't they? They think of everything, allowing people like us to create wonderfully realistic sets and pictures. ^_^
#17 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 8:28 PM
I love this story!
I thought it would be less... dramatic.
These last chapters have me on the edge of my seat.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 8:29 PM
yup, I can agree to that, annachibi - only my computer and my game are a bit angry at me for that... too much downloading, I think... (like I said before, almost 10GB)
at least everything is sorted into folders... and I try to think "Do I really need this in my game" before I download.
not that it helps... :D

and thanks, Funheart! really good to hear when someone likes what I've written! :D
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 9:21 PM
I just read it, and it looks good so far. Keep going :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 8:16 PM
Default Chapter five: Ian
Chapter five: Ian
-------------------------------

I was just laying there in my bed one day. I was out of isolation at the moment, but didn’t really care. My family was out, having dinner, and I was all alone, feeling miserable. Then someone knocked at the door. I didn’t answer, because I was sure it was just the doctor or a nurse. But it wasn’t.

“Hello. Do you have any idea where the doctor might be?” a voice said. “I’ve been looking all over for him.” I turned my head around.
Right in front of me was the most handsome man I had ever seen in my life. And those eyes… he had the most beautiful eyes in the world. I had never really believed the saying ‘love at first sight’ before, but now, all of a sudden, I did.

“Uhm…er…uh…” I tried to say I didn’t know, but couldn’t get the words out.
“Your name is Anna, isn’t that right?” he said.
“Uhm…yes, it is… how did you know?” I was really surprised he knew my name, and oddly happy. There was something familiar about him, but I didn’t know why. I smiled sheepishly.
“We’re at the same school, but I’m taking other classes than you.” He smiled. “I like your red hair. It makes you really beautiful.”

“I’m bald,” I said, and turned around, my eyes filling with tears.
“I am aware of that. I have eyes, you kow. But it will grow out again. One of my friends had cancer when I was younger, and he also got bald, but his hair grew out again. But you know, looks isn’t everything. I think you look beautiful even without your red hair. Really stunning. My name is Ian, by the way.”
I turned around. He was smiling – the most gorgeous smile I had ever seen. I just had to smile back. “Are you serious? Do you really think so?”
“Yes. And I like your eyes. They’re beautiful.”
I smiled once more. His smiles were really catching. “Thank you.”

“And you really should smile a lot more. It makes the room light up.”
I knew he was just flirting, but how he could like me when I looked like this, I didn’t understand. “Why are you here, then? I mean at the hospital.”
“Car accident. I was driving in the dark, and a drunken man in a lorry suddenly drove right into my car. It happened so suddenly I didn’t even have the time to try avoiding it. My legs almost got completely crushed, and I was in coma for several weeks. The other driver died in the crash.

I’ve been here for eight months, and I’m still in a wheelchair. Thanks to a lot of hard training, I can walk short distances if someone help me, like from my bed to my wheelchair, and I can stand somewhat steady with support, although my legs usually starts wobbling after a few seconds. I used to go out a lot, meeting friends and girls. But now, I can’t. And anyway, who wants someone in a wheelchair?”

She’s sitting right in front of you, wearing a hospital pajama! I wanted to scream, but I didn’t say that. “I’m sure you’ll find someone that likes you.”
“Well, one thing for sure, I’ve just found the most beautiful and kindest woman I have met in my life. And I’ve liked her since I first saw her walking out from a classroom right in front of me.”

He looked away, and I could see his cheeks blush.
“Who is it, then? I mean, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, of course, but…” I knew I was babbling, but I couldn’t stop. I hated the thought that he might like someone other than me. Weird, that… me falling in love with a man I barely knew… but here I was, almost drooling…
“No, it’s fine. I want to tell you. It’s just that I want to look into your eyes when I tell it.” He got up from the wheelchair, and stood on the floor, his legs trembling. He took my hand, indicating he wanted me to stand. Curious about what his next move might be – apart from maybe falling over – I stood.

“You see – the person I like, is you. I’ve liked you a lot since I first saw you at school. You looked at me and smiled, and I forgot everything I was supposed to do. I just stood there, staring after you, and I got too late for class. But I didn’t really care. All I could think about was you. Your eyes, your hair, your smile – but most of all: the person you are. You’re always giving a helping hand to the ones that needs it, and you are patient when someone asks you about something, and… well… what I’m trying to say is: I like you… and…do you like me?”

I was so happy and completely speechless, that I just threw my arms around him and gave him a big hug. He almost fell over me because of his weak legs, and since I, too, was weak from my treatment… well, let’s say that the hospital really should think about putting soft covers at the floor, because it’s really hard to land on.

We talked for a long time, and when he finally left, after saying he would come back later, my bad moods had left me almost for good. I smiled all day, and my family and the doctors didn’t understand a thing. For how could I have gone from completely ignoring everything around me, to smiling, laughing and even eating in just a few hours?

Only I knew the answer. I had met the man in my life.

----------------------------------

(but, as you probably know, luck or happiness don't usually last forever... and not in this story)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 8:48 PM
Default Chapter 6: happy
a short upload this time...
-------------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTER 6
-------------------------------------------------------------
The days went past. I talked a lot with Ian. Everytime I saw him, I brightened, and felt that my life finally was worth living.

I watched while Ian took his first (not wobbly) steps after the accident, and he comforted me when the treatment made me sick. He met my family, and they all liked him a lot. And when Ian’s family came to visit, he introduced me to them as ‘his girlfriend’, which made me really happy. I often smiled at the thought about us getting better together. In the nights, he sneaked into my room, and we talked (and kissed) half the night.

Dear diary
I love my life! I’ve met the man I love, and I’m really enjoying my life right now. Well, not the fact that I’m still sick with leukemia, but I’m getting better all the time. Yesterday, Ian proposed to me! I got really shocked, and was unable to say a word. I think he even was a bit afraid I would say no, but I was only speechless with joy. My dream finally came true!

When were both out of the hospital, we’re going to be married! I can’t wait. Well, I’ve got one of my (hopefully) last radiation treatments tomorrow, and Ian can now walk steady (if not yet run) and doesn’t need the wheelchair anymore, so he’s almost ready to go home. He said he really wanted me to move in with him. He’s got an apartment big enough for both of us, so I don’t have to live in that tiny room that I shared with Tiffany. I have to retake my studies, of course, and she’s now in the year above me, since I’ve been at the hospital for almost ten months. But I don’t care. My life is wonderful, and I’m happy! Bye, bye for now!

I looked at what I’d been writing, and smiled. Nothing could ruin my life now, because everything was perfect.
“There you are, Anna. I’ve been looking for you.” The doctor said.
“Yup, I’m here. Is something wrong?”

“No, quite the opposite. I’ve been looking at your test results, and they shows that the cancer is almost gone from your body, so it seems we must say goodbye soon. But I came to tell you that your radiation therapy has been moved from tomorrow morning to this evening.”
“Thanks for telling me,” I said. The doctor left.
I put my laptop on the table next to me, and lay down in the bed. I was really tired, since, well, obviously I hadn’t gotten much sleep the night before. I slept until the doctor came to take me to the therapy.

Ian met me on my way there. He was going home in about a week, and hopefully, I would be out of the hospital a week after him. I was really looking forward to moving in with him. He was there all the time, watching me, and after the therapy, he followed me back to my room.

I have to say I didn’t get much sleep that night, either.
Finally, after two weeks, it was time for me to go home. I packed my things in a hurry, and Ian picked me up in his new car.

The old one was a wreck, of course, so he had had to buy a new one. We drove to his apartment. It was quite small, but it also had a welcoming atmosphere, so I liked it at once.

He helped me unpack, and when finished, we called for pizza, and had a really good time our first evening (and night) together, all alone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(just have to say that Anna was wearing a wig in two of the last pictures... just so you know... forgot she was supposed to be bald in that scene, and my computer messed up before I could fix it, if I remember it correctly)
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 3:03 PM
I really like this story! Nice job! Update soon!
#23 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 3:34 PM
But she was wearing a weding ring before he asked! :O
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 4:03 PM
:doh uups... you see, I've not taken the photos in the correct order... so some small mistakes might happen, like that one...
I forgot to fix it before I posted... have to say that photoshop don't like me... I'll try to be a bit more aware of it in the future...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 8:28 PM
Default Chapter 7:living in a dream (part 1)
(a really long chapter this time)
CHAPTER 7: living in a dream

We both had to finish our studies, of course, and we continued living in Ian’s apartment after we both graduated. After that, I got a job as a teacher at the local elementary school, while Ian started working at a lawyer’s office. We married not long after, and had an amazing wedding, where everybody we knew was invited.

We spent our honeymoon in Paris. We had a really good time, and came home even more in love than when we left – if that was possible.

Our life together was almost dreamlike, and everything was just perfect. But then I started to feel sick. I was really afraid it might be leukemia again, because the doctors had warned me that it was possible it could come back.

“You should really go to the doctor, Anna,” Ian said after the third time I came out from the bathroom one morning. “I’m worried about you.”
I’d been feeling queasy for a few weeks, and had lost some of my appetite. “I know. I’m worried it might be…you know…it.”

“I know you’re afraid, but you can’t walk around here all day worrying. Let’s just take the day off, and I’ll drive you to the hospital.” I protested at first, but in the end, I agreed. I called my doctor, and asked to get an appointment that day. He said we could come at once. The doctor ran a few tests, and then asked us to wait a bit outside his office. I was really nervous about what the answer might be, but having Ian there, helped a lot. The door opened, and the doctor came out. He was smiling.
“I actually think I’ve got good news this time. You’re perfectly healthy; well, perhaps in spite of the morning sickness you’ve been having lately. You’re pregnant.”

I was so relieved I almost jumped out of the chair and started cheering.
”We’re going to be parents!” Ian smiled, and gave me a big hug. The doctor asked if we wanted to see the baby, and of course we said yes.
The ultrasound pictures showed enough that we could see a little something on the screen, although it didn’t look like a baby just yet.

We were so happy we couldn’t think about anything else than the little one that would be born in less than seven months. We started looking around for a new place to live, since Ian’s apartment was too small for three (or more) people, and because we of course hoped for more children than just this one in the future. We finally found the perfect house. It had a big garden, and was located in a calm and quiet place with very little traffic – perfect for families with young children, especially since several of the neighbours had children of their own.

We moved in, with a lot of help from our friends and family. They also helped us redecorate some of the rooms, the baby’s room included.

I and Ian could go around in shops for hours looking for things to the baby. We didn’t know if we were going to have a girl or a boy yet, so we bought whatever we could that fit both, and decided to finish the decorating after the baby was born.

When my belly started to show, Ian could sit for hours just feeling my belly and talking to the baby together with me. We were both really looking forwards to becoming parents.
Page 1 of 3