Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 2166
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 6291 (Who?), Viewed: 233921 times.
Search this Thread
Old 12th Jul 2018, 7:56 PM #6276
mdsb759
Theorist

about bat with a book; I recall someone posting a picture like that.
not sure which thread or which member or when.
Old 12th Jul 2018, 8:56 PM #6277
StrangeTownChick
Inventor

7 Achievements

If you have a sim call to adopt a child, then later use the sethour cheat to set the time past the next day at 10AM, the social worker delivers the child immediately. Little Tobin London arrived at 11PM because I wanted his parents' household on the same day as everyone else's.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Old 12th Jul 2018, 9:07 PM #6278
mdsb759
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
If you have a sim call to adopt a child, then later use the sethour cheat to set the time past the next day at 10AM, the social worker delivers the child immediately. Little Tobin London arrived at 11PM because I wanted his parents' household on the same day as everyone else's.
I recall at least one mod for same-day adoption; I think BO's. quicker than having to mess with time.
Old 12th Jul 2018, 10:07 PM #6279
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Merging package files really does cut down on the loading time. It's cut down to half of what it was before.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Old 13th Jul 2018, 12:20 AM #6280
terula8
Field Researcher

That I am a silly bugger sometimes. I forgot to put the aliens in the folder when I was trying to test my MultiPT mod. Predictably, I couldn't get anyone alien pregnant and spent several frustrated days messing with the tombstone of L & D, forcing (sterile) abductions, and being annoyed with the world in general until I realised that all the other PT mods actually... came... with... the aliens... <deepest of deep sighs>. I 'discovered' that you need them in order to pollinate... anyone. Several successfully spawned alien progeny and one totally redone mod later, I also 'discovered' that I did the mod right to begin with and just wasted several hours remaking all my PTs to have default genetics 'just in case'. I can't even think about it anymore. <feels a right fool>.
Old 13th Jul 2018, 12:57 AM #6281
StrangeTownChick
Inventor

7 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
I recall at least one mod for same-day adoption; I think BO's. quicker than having to mess with time.

Oh, I don't mind the wait, I just found it interesting that it happened. As I said, I was messing with the time in order to sync the day of the week of the household with the rest of the 'hood. I can only imagine what the SW was thinking--"Okay, eight more hours til I deliver them their ki--Wait what I missed my mark?!?! Gotta get there now!"

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Old 13th Jul 2018, 1:25 AM #6282
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

The Unsavory Charlatan can cheer on fights.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Old 13th Jul 2018, 4:27 AM #6283
G-Mon
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by terula8
That I am a silly bugger sometimes. <Multi-PT derpage snipped> I can't even think about it anymore. <feels a right fool>.
*pats on back* Don't feel too bad. We all have moments like that. I recall having plenty of cases where I said, "Why isn't (mod XYZ) working? " (a quick look in Downloads later) "Oh, I didn't actually put it in. Derp. "

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!

Quote:
"All right, bend over, I'm gonna wipe your butt."

-- BuzzFeed Video, "20 Weird Things Parents of Young Kids Say"
Old 13th Jul 2018, 10:47 AM #6284
FranH
Mad Poster

That kids and adults can exchange 'social' greetings. A kid in Tinsel Town 'kiss-kissed' a neighbor. I'm sure that she's a social climber..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Old 13th Jul 2018, 2:42 PM #6285
Caren Yoon
Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
That kids and adults can exchange 'social' greetings. A kid in Tinsel Town 'kiss-kissed' a neighbor. I'm sure that she's a social climber..

Wow I didn't know that !
Old 13th Jul 2018, 5:36 PM #6286
OnayaW
Instructor

4 Achievements

that my sloppy sims are the only making the bed after themselves and high neat sims is too busy to take clothes on to make their bed

Whut O.o’
I think my game made a mistake here

I build small houses *^*
Old 13th Jul 2018, 7:45 PM #6287
RoxEllen1965
Top Secret Researcher

Relatives can be much more tolerant of new musicians than other sims. When Angela Pleasant, who has zero Creativity points, started banging away at the piano in the lobby of her hotel, all the tourists complained loudly about the horrible noise and rapidly found excuses to be somewhere else. Angela's father sat in a nearby sofa smiling and nodding in approval.
Old 13th Jul 2018, 7:48 PM #6288
mdsb759
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Relatives can be much more tolerant of new musicians than other sims. When Angela Pleasant, who has zero Creativity points, started banging away at the piano in the lobby of her hotel, all the tourists complained loudly about the horrible noise and rapidly found excuses to be somewhere else. Angela's father sat in a nearby sofa smiling and nodding in approval.
I think it is relationship level rather than relative type.
Old 13th Jul 2018, 8:30 PM #6289
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
I think it is relationship level rather than relative type.

In my experience, I had a Sim's best friend boo while he was banging away on the piano. He then gave him a $100 tip. Go figures.

Old 13th Jul 2018, 10:18 PM #6290
FranH
Mad Poster

Parents (for the most part) are very indulgent towards their offspring making a racket on the piano. Likewise loving spouses. When the dogs run and hide, and the cats howl at the top of their lungs, wives are always supportive of an out-of-tune piano, and moms are always cheering it on.

Not so much dads..they still have their hearing and sanity.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Old 13th Jul 2018, 10:30 PM #6291
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

I wonder if personality also affects how they react to bad music.

Old 15th Jul 2018, 5:04 AM #6292
Caren Yoon
Test Subject

I discovered that when one sim throws the water balloon to another sim, she/he gives you a wink real quick. (just like "don't tell her") I was so surprise when Don Lothario did this to me. Also I had to admit he looked so handsome doing that wink. You silly Don. LOL.

Hi. You can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
Tumblr
Blog(korean)

Section jump: