Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#8651 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
random chance of visitor's inventory item transferring to the inventory of a played household member.
higher chance during birthday & wedding parties to the celebrated sim/sims.

Or a somewhat autonomous "give gift" interaction?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#8652 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:23 AM
Oh man, autonomous give gift would wreak havoc on my neighborhood. I use inventory to keep track of individual sim scores, and of course I don't need sims giving their cell phones away when I'm not controlling them!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8653 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:38 AM
Might be nice if it was tied to say a birthday or Christmas party. With the gift having to go into a wrapped box for the game to consider it a 'gift' So unwrapped items would not be looked at.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8654 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:48 AM
I don't think there's a mechanism like that in the game, is there? An generic object that can "contain" any other object, and be opened to reveal it. I think every object that appears to behave that way is actually just programmed to just spawn new objects when sims go to retrieve them, and naturally which objects it spawns are hardcoded. Although, you could probably make a custom object that stored the GUID of the object it was supposed to contain, so it could properly spawn it when called upon to do so, and then that object would be the only type of object that could be autonomously given to other sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#8655 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:52 AM
There are downloadable gifts that spawn random items...somewhere. I used to have my Sims open one whenever they grew up, but stopped because the items it used were very limited and everyone kept getting the same stuff over and over. I'd love to see a version that would pick any item in the game.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#8656 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:58 AM
Now I'm envisioning a controller that would scan everyone's inventory during a birthday/wedding party and cause sims to give any custom gift objects to the party thrower until all gifts have been given. Then all the player has to do is create gifts in everyone's inventory before throwing the party.
Mad Poster
#8657 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:21 AM
I think SimWardrobe has the unwrappable gifts. I've never tried them.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8658 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I don't think there's a mechanism like that in the game, is there?

No, that's why we are posting it to the Hacks & CC that you'd like to see! thread.

The openable gifts are okay, but they can be glitchy and only contain a few items, not very exciting. One time my teen got 3 bonsai plants for her birthday.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8659 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:55 AM
She really wanted a bonsai, and her friends were aware of that. Too bad they didn't consult each other.

(I like coming up with story reasons for weird game mechanics.)

Mad Poster
#8660 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No, that's why we are posting it to the Hacks & CC that you'd like to see! thread.

Well, it crossed my mind that something might have been introduced with Happy Holiday Stuff or something, but it was probably silly of me to suspect EA of making something useful like that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8661 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
She really wanted a bonsai, and her friends were aware of that. Too bad they didn't consult each other.

(I like coming up with story reasons for weird game mechanics.)
I like that.

The game only has give gift, which we can work with, but something more automatic during a party would be nice. I noticed the sims 4 now has gift giving at Christmas time. the sim pick up gifts from around the tree.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#8662 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 3:19 AM
That reminds me that TS4's seasons added a bunch of things I'd like. The calendar that you can use to set yearly holidays etc. You're able to set holiday traditions so that Sims will automatically perform certain actions during their celebrations, Christmas tree decorations, snow shoveling, and icy pathways that Sims can slip and fall on.
Forum Resident
#8663 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
That reminds me that TS4's seasons added a bunch of things I'd like. The calendar that you can use to set yearly holidays etc. You're able to set holiday traditions so that Sims will automatically perform certain actions during their celebrations, Christmas tree decorations, snow shoveling, and icy pathways that Sims can slip and fall on.

Odd, that ALL of that stuff was suggested here, for a theme... The calendar. The Sim-centric nonsense holidays. The nonsense traditions and celebrations that sims would perform for whichever holidays... Even the snow shoveling and ability to decorate Christmas trees were discussed here on MTS. Slipping on the ice and falling... well, that wasn't discussed directly in the Seasonal /Holiday thread, but clumsiness has been discussed... and come to think of it, using the anims from an ice rink, a slip-and-fall mod could probably be created for TS2 without too much hassle, if somebody wanted to do it. Unfortunately, it was the TS4-players who got what we TS2 players dreamed up! Bully for them! ...just wish we got some trickle-down... but that's asking too much. =)

Oh, as far as RL cats in a RL restaurant... I dont want animals that mess in a box, then walk around in their own urine and feces having free range to walk across the table where I set my food. That's just plain gross, and I dont know how they manage to pass inspections by the Department of Health. I guess a little cat poo never hurt anyone, right? None for me, thanks!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#8664 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:33 AM
Cat cafés aren't for eating at, lol.
Mad Poster
#8665 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The game only has give gift, which we can work with, but something more automatic during a party would be nice.

There is a mod to exchange gifts. It works like the game's "give gift", but the other sim gives you something in return.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=608328
Forum Resident
#8666 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Cat cafés aren't for eating at, lol.

Hmmm... A restaurant with 9 cats that's NOT for eating at... Why do they call it a "restaurant"? And what's it for, then?

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#8667 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:16 AM
Cat Cafes are totally for eating at. And the one I go to has the food area separate from the cat area. You can take food in with the cats, but you are warned that it's at your own risk (of having it eaten, Mum could not put her plate down anywhere or it was targeted).
Mad Poster
#8668 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I...don't think you know what a cat cafe is. It's not a cafe for cats, it's a cafe where people go to play with and pet the resident cats while they enjoy their food/drinks. There are a lot of them in Japan, and I've long wanted to visit one.

I kinda knew it you're talking about it. Though I'm still wondering whether If possible to make literal cafe just for cats.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#8669 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I kinda knew it you're talking about it. Though I'm still wondering whether If possible to make literal cafe just for cats.

Easy. Just put down cat food bowls. Just don't expect them to pay, but since when did cats ever pay for anything? XD
Mad Poster
#8670 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 5:48 PM Last edited by grammapat : 9th Aug 2018 at 6:23 PM. Reason: and wishing for...
Wish whoever disagreed with my ACR comments would tell me WHY.
============================
Saw a pic of a bunch of Plant toddlers playing at the activity table. Wouldn't it be cool if it looked like they were doing something with plants?! And gaining gardening skill (badges) or at least Nature interest.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#8671 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:15 PM
a complete symphony and/or orchestra of instruments.
some have already been made/included.
Lab Assistant
#8672 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 10:07 PM
I'd like to see a mod that adds a memory when a Sim gets a new sibling.
Instructor
#8673 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukk

You could try to create one yourself
Custom Memories & Tutorial
Mad Poster
#8674 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:43 AM
The debug mode error logs are really useful to figure out what's triggering error boxes. Outside of that, not too useful.

This is more of a pipe dream, but I imagine a lot of players and modders would like to see a log come up that show the bhavs and such that come into effect during certain actions.

For instance: "Why are all my Sims attacking each other? Let me check the log, and-- BHAV - I'm An Evil Modder That Wants To Screw With People's Games just came up. Welp. I should remove the mod I just downloaded, then."

Unless there's a way to do this that I just haven't found.

Mad Poster
#8675 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukk

But don't they get the 'X joined the family' memory?
Page 347 of 576