Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 1:00 AM
Ella woke up with a shock. "Nely'na, are you okay?" she looked at nely'na. was she still asleep? Ella got up. She walked outside. Following the path down to the pond, Ella heard more whispers. "Leave me alone." She knew she was being followed she ended up in the lake in a few seconds. She sat by the tombstone. Now what? Could they even defeat the beast? "Sister, have I failed you?" She felt as if she failed. She walked back to Destiny, Nely'na and the pups. She sat down on the small floor bed. She thought about what they were gonna do.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 1:37 AM
When Destiny heard Nely'na's scream she looked up, but saw nothing. -a nightmare.- Destiny thought to herself. she layed her head down when she heard Ella get up. Destiny decided just to go back to sleep.. too exhausted to get up anyways. in the morning, Destiny went and bathed the pups. she took them back and decided to have a special day for the pups, and the girls. Destiny went to the lake and got some rocks. she made a sign in the dirt reading, "day of comforl" she couldn't find enough for the rest of the T. but she decided to let the girl's sleep in and she took the pups back inside as she searched her backpack for something to give.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Wishacy: (Odette)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
-Perfect Genetics (Alyssa)
Inventor
#53 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 4:31 AM
((Are you still accepting new characters?))

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#54 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 6:35 PM
((Well were not really accepting, i just forgot to edit it, but you can still join if you would like to))
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 8:42 PM
Nely'na woke up in a cold sweat. A tendril of guilt curled in her stomach. She felt like she had abandoned her clan. What if they couldn't stop this? Was it all for nothing? Was her clan in danger?...were they alright?
She could almost feel something in the back of her mind...and she didn't like it. The encounter with the shade still had her reeling. It would take her a while to get back to her best...but she could still fight.
They set out as soon as the moon slipped under the horizon. If the other girls noticed her unusual silence, they didn't say anything. It was just as well; Nely'na wasn't in the mood to talk today.
River, on the other hand, seemed to have other ideas.
The wolf kept nuzzling her hand and whining. Nely'na would pet her each time, yet this behavior continued, and it didn't take long for Destiny to pick up on it.
"She just wants you to cheer up, you know. I don't know what happened in that clearing the other day, but--"
Nely'na cut her off, listening. A twig had snapped, she knew it, and her companions were too light-footed to have caused it. Suddenly, a beast appeared out of the foliage. Nely'na could feel the dark energy rolling off of it...which was new.
Her vision started swimming and her knees started trembling as the thing approached her. Without thinking, she lashed out a whip of fire and burned the monster. Once she had realized what she did, she fell to her knees.
Nely'na, the gentle healer, had just truly killed a living thing.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 9:00 PM
Destiny looked at the dead beast. Nely'na had good thinking, fast too. but when she saw Nely'na fall on her knees she wondered why. - what's wrong with Nely'na? all she did was kill a harmful beast. had she never killed before? well, she'd better get used to it if she wants to bring the sun back.- thought Destiny. Ella had already ran over to Nely'na. River was still whining and Destiny became annoyed. "River, c'mon girl, Ella I think Nely'na is okay." "i-i am." said Nely'na. Destiny put river in the back of the cave and told her to stay and to stop whining. after, Destiny went to Nely'na, "first killing?" asked Destiny. "y-yes.." responded Nely'na. "well.. I hate to say this but get used to it, you'll have to kill a lot to get the sun back." said Destiny. the girls comforted Nely'na for the rest of the day.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Inventor
#57 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 3:56 AM
I'm going to use the character I used to play in City of Heroes.

Name: Khaliana
Job: Former Hero
Weapons: Her fists
Creature: Magically-altered human
Looks: Khaliana is a beautiful, but slightly underweight, woman. Her red-and-white hero uniform, however, has seen better days. (Think the werewolf clothes from TS3 Supernatural.)
Bio: Khaliana used to be a hero. That was before the dimension she called home was destroyed by alien invaders. Now lost in a town filled with darkness, will she stay on the path of light? Or will she fall to the dark power within her?

Lab Assistant
#58 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 9:04 PM
Nely'na's sleep was once again troubled...yet the dead beast wasn't exactly at the forefront of her dream.
It was the same shade.
"You're not a killer, healer. Go back to your tribe. Leave this foolhardy quest behind you," it whispered.
"N-no. No, they need me. I...I don't have to kill to bring you down," she responded through gritted teeth as tendrils of shadows caressed her tense figure.
There was a booming laughter, like thunder. "Foolish elf. You cannot resist forever. We will stop your little war party. And we will do it through you. You cannot escape."
Fire surrounded her, slowly coming closer and closer, until...
"SHUT UP! LEAVE ME ALONE!" she screamed, sending ice outward from herself to quell the fire.
Inventor
#59 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 1:03 AM
Khaliana was surrounded - surrounded by creatures that she had never seen before in all of her adventures. Sure, they went down easily enough, but they seemed to be endless.

One punch laced with dark energy and another creature fell. Yet two more swarmed in to take its place. Khaliana could not hold them off forever.

Where is everyone else? thought Khali. As she thought that, she heard a woman ((Nely'na)) scream.

This may not be my home, but she still needs my help!

Khaliana tried to summon a blast of dark energy to destroy the creatures. But nothing came. As she fell to the ground, she waited for the teleportation device within her uniform to teleport her out of the situation. Nothing.

"No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Khaliana cried as she passed out.

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 5:21 PM
Nely'na bolted upright and felt something cold underneath her. The fire was out, and the nearby lake was frozen solid.
"Oh...that's not good. Ella? Destiny?" she called. There was no response. Did they leave me for the monsters? she wondered.
No, no, they wouldn't do that, she countered herself. Where did such a dark thought come from? They all wanted to bring the sun back, and abandoning her would just weaken their cause.
Her sharp ears picked up a sign of a struggle nearby. How did sleep through that? she thought.
Nely'na scaled a tree, hoping to get a better view. Sure enough, there was Destiny and Ella fighting the beasts, as well as someone else...
She flew into action, jumping from tree to tree to get closer to the battle, summoning her magic on the way. When she was within range, she turned every beast into ice before launching herself to the ground.
"Sorry I'm late," she said, " is anyone hurt?"
"We're fine," Ella said.
"I'm so sure about her, though," Destiny said, motioning to the stranger. Nely'na followed with her eyes to the unconscious woman. Nely'na approached her carefully.
As Nely'na went to touch her, the woman sat upright, looking about ready to attack the healer. "I won't hurt you," Nely'na said, putting both hands in the air. "I'm a friend."
The woman seemed to relax after that. Nely'na called upon her own life essence, pouring it into this woman that she might heal. When she was done, the world started swimming around her. The other two looked concerned.
"I am alright...though if one of you has food on you, that would help," Nely'na replied shakily.
Ella looked to the stranger, who was now attempting to rise to her feet. "Thank you for your assistance," the stranger said.
"You're welcome. Now, mind telling us who you are?"
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 9:20 PM
The girls all looked at Khaliana , waiting for an answer. "i-im Khaliana..." she said. "well, hi," responded Ella. "im Ella, this is Destiny and here's Nely'na." said Ella. "well.. i have to go," Khaliana
"no.. i insist you stay with us." said Ella. "yes.. you need help, we can help alot." said Nely'na. "but.. we dont know her, what if she's just somekind of shape-shifter?" asked Destiny. "well... give her a chance, you gave me a chance, remember?" said Ella. "yeah.. but you said you could bring the sun back... i sort-of HAD to belive you." said Destiny."NO you didn't , i may not even need you." said Ella. "YES YOU WILL AND YOU KNOW THAT!" yelled Destiny "NO WE DONT!" screamed Ella. "guys wai-" Nely'na couldn't finish. "FINE, IM LEAVING SINCE I'M NOT NEEDED!" yelled Destiny. "FINE, GO!" yelled Ella. "no- Destiny wait! Ella take it back we need her!" exclaimed Nely'na. "no! not until she agrees to let Khaliana stay." said Ella.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Inventor
#62 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 3:42 AM
"...I used to be a hero. Now...I don't even know where I am. You were talking about bringing the sun back, though..." Khaliana thought about the different dimensions she had learned about back when...no. It was too painful to think about home, to think about what had been lost.

"Even though I can't get to some of my powers, I'll help you. The thought of losing the sun...a symbol of freedom...how can you handle it?"

Lab Assistant
#63 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 3:44 PM
Nely'na had no answer, and, judging by her companion's face, neither did Ella.
"...I see," Khaliana said.
"It is why we fight now...or, at least, I thought it was...," Nely'na trailed, gazing in the direction that their youngest stormed off in.
"She'll come around when she needs us to save her butt again," Ella noted behind her.
"I am glad that you can be so sure, because I am not," Nely'na said.
"So, where do we start?" Khaliana asked, startling the two girls. They had forgotten that the fallen Hero was there.
"Come to think of it, we haven't actually done anything except fight and run. What exactly was the plan from the start?" Nely'na asked, looking at Ella.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#64 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 8:35 PM
Ella stared at Nely'na. She stood there silent. She crossed her arms taking her time to think. Nely'na waited for an answer. Ella looked down at the ground. She began running, she didnt know why, she had to get away from this. tears filled her eyes. She was lost and confused. She didn't notice where she was running to and ended up near the pond. she feel to her knees at the bank of the pond. cuffing her hands together drowning them in tears. The tears seeped through falling into the pond. She pushed herself away from the pond a bit bringing her knees to her chest. She could feel her sister wrap her cold dead arms around her. Only it wasnt her sister. "Yes, give up." The voice hissed. "I won't give up, y-your not S-Scarlet." She cried. The voice left after that. Ella feel to the ground wide awake in a terrible nightmare.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 10:13 PM
Destiny came upon a village. "i can't belive she would say that! screamed Destiny. after what she had done she felt like Ella had turned on her. and she also felt that Nely'na hadn't helped, but she did try. "Ella and Nely'na will need me they will come running to me asking for help! that stupid hero could be a monster and she didn't belive me!" said Destiny angrily. she walked into a building and just sat behind a counter. she heard a voice "i knew you wouldn't do it." it sounded like cater. "oh....EEEEEEEEEK" she screeched as it grabbed her. it wasn't cater at all, bigger, louder and deeper in voice by a bit. ";LET ME GO!" yelled Destiny. "hey, stop you know me." it said. "who are you?" Destiny asked terrified. "don't you recognize me?" "NO!" screamed Destiny. then she knew. could it be? "d-dad?" Destiny asked. "took you long enough." he said. "b-but you're dead.." she said.
"thats what you mum wanted you to think.." he said. "but.."

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 4:36 PM
Nely'na mentally kicked herself. She didn't know that Ella would react like that. Apparently, human behavior is still a nuance that she doesn't quite understand.
"Are you going to go after her?" Khaliana asked gently.
Nely'na flopped onto the ground, hands behind her head. "This is all falling apart. I wonder if it is my fault...," Nely'na said to nobody in particular.
"You all set on this quest without any idea of what you were doing?" Khaliana asked.
"All I know is that Ella arrived at my tribe one day, declaring that she knew how to bring the sun back. The elder sent me with her, insisting that my healing abilities would be an asset. I keep wondering if they're alright...if all of this was for nothing," Nely'na admitted. She wasn't sure why she opened up to this near-stranger so readily...
"Sometimes," Khaliana started grimly, "we have to give up something for everyone else to be free and safe."
Nely'na nodded. "I am going to go look for Ella. It is getting late, and the monsters are most active under the moon."
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 4:50 PM
Destiny didn't belive that he was her dad, he couldn't be! he was dead! wasn't he? she just had so many thing running through her mind. like, thats not dad, what will happen to the pups, Nely'na and Ella could be in danger, i have to run, is that really you dad? with all of these things she couldn't take it any longer.she just wanted to run and hide. jump into a hole and stay there for a year. but what if Ella and Nely'na needed her? but Ella's still mad at her and Nely'na would lecture her about this and that and that girl could be a danger, and she dosn't want to be foolish and die. "dad, was i wrong?" she asked to the man. but wait, he's dead. "about what?" he asked."is Khaliana safe?" she asked him. "yes, she is , you were wrong. but i dont want you to go on this quest. stay here." he said. "are you really alive?" she asked him. "yes, your mum just wanted you to think i died, you remember when you left the hospital?," "the night mom said you died?"she asked. "yes, i was able to leave but your mom said she wanted nothing to do with me anymore." he said."oh..." Destiny said and just broke down, then and there crying and telling him everything. they spent the night in the building because Destiny thought Ella would still be too mad to see her.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 4:28 PM
"Ella! Ella, where are you?" Nely'na called. The moon was beginning its ascent into the sky, full face slowly casting a weak light on the surrounding area. So far, she hadn't been able to find Ella.
"I could really use you right now, Friend Wind. Where is Ella? Where is...Destiny?" she asked. The wind had helped her before. It would help her now, right?
The wind was still. Everything was too quiet.
Suddenly, a boulder landed right next to Nely'na. The elf recoiled in shock. What was it? she wondered, Where did it come from?
Slowly, cautiously, she approached the boulder. It looked very hot to the touch...but she could feel the magic coming off of it. It was the first instance of pure magic that she had felt in years.
The world fell away as Nely'na drew closer. In front of her stood a beautiful woman, eyes luminescent and fiery red hair surrounding her, as the edges of her flowy dress floated in midair.
The elf was in awe. "Wh-who are you?" she stuttered.
The woman was silent for a while, seeming to measure her words. "Someone...else. You and your ilk stumble around in the darkness. Time and time again, you let despair cloud your judgement. If you would all stay level-headed, the answer is right in front of you," she responded, though it sounded like many voices were speaking at once. There was one voice that the healer could pick out from the many, though.
"Mother...?"
"Nely'na! Come on, wake up! Hey, this isn't funny!" a voice called out from the distance, soft at first, then growing in volume as Nely'na slowly regained consciousnesses. This was a voice she definitely recognized.
"E...Ella?" she asked.
"Yeah...yeah. Sorry...for running off. Are you okay?" the other girl asked.
"Yes...I think. A...strange woman talked to me. She said...she said that the answer is right in front of us...if we could all stay level headed...," the healer trailed.
"What does it mena? How do you know that it simply wasn't another dream?" Ella asked.
"I...don't. But just before she appeared...a strange...rock hit the forest floor. There was...magic coming from it. It felt so..pure...full of light..." Nely'na couldn't clear her thoughts.
"I think that shade took more of a number on you than you care to admit," Ella stated, "Why don't we go back to camp? Rest up for a bit?"
Rest...rest sounded lovely.
Inventor
#69 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 1:18 AM
((Destiny, Ella, and Nely'na have been having those dreams/visions. Now it's Khali's turn.))

Khaliana was alone in the camp. She did not know whether she could hold it if a swarm of the creatures were to come again, since she did not have full use of the dark energy inside of her. But it wasn't that that came...it was a woman. A woman that looked just like Khali.

It can't be... "Sister?"

"Yes, Khali. It is me."

But...you died when our home was destroyed!

"Why are you fighting the darkness, Khali? Come home with me and we can reunite in service!"

This isn't my sister. It's just an image! And with that realization, Khaliana summoned dark energy into her fist and punched the image with all her might. It wavered and took its true form - one of the creatures that Khaliana and her companions were fighting.

Lab Assistant
#70 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 4:29 PM
Nely'na, once again, could not sleep. As her companions rested, the healer tended to the fire, afraid what would happen if it went out.
The woman's words kept repalying in her head, even as Ella kept trying to convince her that it was a dream, or worse, something that the beasts cooked up to throw her off-guard. She was done trying to convince her, for the healer knew what she felt.
Dreams don't allow a magic user to feel magic.
Monsters don't offer a clue to their destruction.
If the answer was right in front of them, then how come she couldn't piece it together?
The woman had also said to stay clear-headed...
Nely'na separated her mind from her heart. Where to start?
Suddenly, it came to her.
"The clearing," she muttered, "...there are clues in the clearing!"
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 12:30 AM
Destiny woke up still in the building, but her dad wasn't there. "dad?" she called. no answer. "dad!" she called again. still no answer.but she saw something... a moving figure. "huh? what's that?" she asked as she approached it. it was a little bird. Destiny picked it up and put it back in it's nest. ten she ran to go see Ella and Nely'na. "Ella,Nely'na!" she called running back to the camp. -i must tell Ella i was wrong!- she thought. she reached the campsite, out of breath. "E-Ella!"she yelled. she walked up to a tent and saw Ella asleep. "Nely'na?" she asked looking in the next tent. "yes?" Nely'na asked. "i-i was wrong about Khaliana. she-she's not a monster. " Destiny said. "yeah." she said. Nely'na got up and wet to Ella and woke Ella up. "i-im sorry about yelling at you ,Ella and i was wrong about Khaliana." Destiny said. "yeah, and sorry for yelling at you too, Destiny." Ella said. they both smiled at each other as Khaliana woke up. Nely'na told them that they needed to go to the clearing. and they were off.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 3:45 PM
"So...why the clearing?" Ella asked as they walked.
"Think about it for a second. That place was an island of death in the otherwise flourishing woods. Even better, we found that shade there, planning to do who knows what to Destiny," Nely'na explained.
"When you put it like that, it actually seems like a bad idea," Ella pointed out.
"We can handle ourselves. The first time I went to that clearing, I didn't see the shade, leading me to believe that it is not always there," Nely'na said.
"I hate to interrupt...but I feel like I'm missing something," Destiny interjected.
"It's a long story," Nely'na said.
"What if this shade is there? Then what?" Khaliana asked.
"Then we run. We can't fight it; not right now. That is how I ended up blacking out; the shade uses our powers and turns them against us," Nely'na revealed.
A tendril of dark magic caressed Nely'na's spine, sending goosebumps across her body.
"Nely'na...?" Destiny tried to call.
Suddenly, they were surrounded by a group of monsters.
"Weapons free!" Ella called. This battle would likely be the hardest one yet. They were outnumbered three to one, after all.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 5:18 PM
Destiny reached for her weapon. "MY staff! it's not there! and where's River, didn't she come with us?" asked Desiny "Yes she did!" Ella said. Destiny almost wanted to scream, run away and hide, just like her dad wanted. "I'm useless at the moment! i don't have anything to fight with!" Destiny said, terrified. "use you hands and feet!" Nely'na yelled. Destiny just stared at one and the four began to fight.

Challenges:
- ISBI (Sylvarlotte)
- Do It As You Go (Cas)
Inventor
#74 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 7:21 PM
Khali summoned a cloak of dark energy around herself and started to fight. Her fists flew faster than any ordinary human could ever punch; the dark energy had to be powering this. However, she could not keep that speed up for long, and soon started fighting at a much slower pace. She could still hold her own, though.

Suddenly, she saw Destiny's staff! It was on the other side of the creatures. Khali tried to summon the dark energy inside her to propel her over the creatures, but that didn't work. "If you can make a gap in the mass of creatures, I'll get Destiny's staff!"

Lab Assistant
#75 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 4:39 PM
Nely'na sent a wave of invisible force, effectively punching through the enemy lines. Khaliana darted through the hole and grabbed the staff, throwing it over to their young companion.
Destiny caught it, though just barely. "Thanks," she called, "I owe you one!"
Nely'na was slowly weakening from the use of her magic. Soon, she would have to follow Destiny's example and switch to her staff.
Quickly, she froze three of the monsters, then grabbed her staff from her back, using her momentum to shatter her frozen advisories. Nely'na winced at the sight, but she knew that she couldn't break down...not yet.
"You alright?" Ella called over the din of the battle.
"I can still fight, if that's what you mean!" Nely'na responded, kicking another monster in the head while smacking another behind her with her staff.
Suddenly, Ella keeled over, clutching her side. Nely'na knocked out the monsters surrounding her, then ran over to her fallen companion.
"How bad is it?" the healer asked, panting.
"I don't think it hit anything vital, but--" Ella drew in a sharp breath as Nely'na examined the wound. She knew healing her would use up whatever fighting strength she had left, but leaving Ella on the battlefield, even if she wrapped the wound, would simply leave her as a target. The healer would not allow that.
She rested her hands over the bloody wound, sending her own life essence into the fallen girl. The blood flow began to lessen, then dissapear completely. Tiny black dots started swimming in Nely'na's vision as Ella shakily got to her feet.
"Thanks," Ella said, pulling the healer up with her.
"I can't fight...not like this. Won't be...fast enough," the healer stumbled over her words as more black dots formed, effortlessly taking out her peripheral vision.
"Then get someplace safe. We can handle it from here," Ella said gently.
The healer attempted to nod, but the black dots consumed her sight, taking sound with it.
Page 3 of 5