Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#8426 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:51 PM
Is there a way to make it so that no cars and taxis are used in a world? WIthout using a world that has no 'streets', I mean. I'd like to see if I can make a world where cars are uncommon for sims to have and use, and mainly use bicycles or the subway from LN.
Advertisement
Instructor
#8427 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Is there a way to make it so that no cars and taxis are used in a world? WIthout using a world that has no 'streets', I mean. I'd like to see if I can make a world where cars are uncommon for sims to have and use, and mainly use bicycles or the subway from LN.

I'm pretty sure Nraas Traffic has an option to turn off cars... not sure about taxis, tho.
Theorist
#8428 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 3:00 PM
Here is a stupid but necessary question. Where are you guys hosting your pictures to put in the forums? Tinypic is unreliable and soon to be gone. I don't want to pay for any service and prefer not to register but if have to I will. Can you give me some ideas? I know we had a way to post via this site (mod your panties?) but I forgot how to use it. I've done a google search but can't find a host that does decent sized pictures. Any help is appreciated!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#8429 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 5:03 PM
I got some Master Suite sleepwear made maternity enabled + pregnancy morph. I thought they were default replacements because they said you required MS for them, but they are not. So, now I have the MS sleepwear and a second set of them as CC. Can I 'make' them default replacements myself? With S3PE or so, I assume?
Scholar
#8430 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 9:51 PM
You could try putting it into "overrides" and see what happens?

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Instructor
#8431 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 1:14 AM
In terms of environment/weather, where would you place Sunset Valley on Earth? Northern California?
What about Riverview, or some of the other EA-made worlds?

Bonus if you know of anyone who has made NRaas Tempest settings for these worlds. I just realized that maybe the default weather settings don't quite fit Sunset Valley.. I think I need to have more mild winters?

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#8432 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 4:11 AM
We've had a few discussions like this on the EA forums. Some players have even produced maps, but of course not everyone agrees with where on the Earth maps they have "placed" these worlds. For example, I see these:

Sunset Valley = Missouri
Riverview = Illinois, Iowa, or Wisconsin (but it's supposed to be a nod to Riverdale from the Archie Comics, the very definition of the northern middle of our country)
Bridgeport = Okay, this one is tricky. Many might say San Francisco, but I think of Boston/NYC way before that because of where I am from and the portion of the world over the bridge where the rich people live with the view of the skyline looks like part of New Jersey overlooking NYC to me. The developers have actually told us that it was inspired by/modeled after Pittsburgh.
Twinbrook = Louisiana
Lucky Palms = Nevada
Starlight Shores = Mars (er, I mean California)

Lunar Lakes = This one should be obvious, but it never appears on these maps where it "should." It's actually located on a huge movie set in New Mexico or Colorado, where the fake lunar landings were staged for our entertainment decades ago.
Scholar
#8433 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 1:36 PM
Sunset Valley- Central California, one of those pretty towns that are always getting mudslides along the PCH
Riverview- Wisconsin/Minnesota between Milwaukee and the Twin Cities in the vast, green farmland
Appaloosa Plains- Western Kentucky
Bridgeport- feels like it's supposed to be NYC, but in an everlasting November or March
Twinbrook- Louisiana or somewhere along the gulf coast
Roaring Heights- Miami, FL

Instructor
#8434 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
In terms of environment/weather, where would you place Sunset Valley on Earth? Northern California?
What about Riverview, or some of the other EA-made worlds?

Bonus if you know of anyone who has made NRaas Tempest settings for these worlds. I just realized that maybe the default weather settings don't quite fit Sunset Valley.. I think I need to have more mild winters?

Here's the Tempest Settings file I use. It has most of them with the exception of Roaring Heights and a couple other store worlds I think, it works pretty good. I just use the IP one for RH cause I figured Miami / Puerto Rico - close enough and I'm too lazy to research Miami climate patterns and make a new one
Field Researcher
#8435 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Riverview- Wisconsin/Minnesota between Milwaukee and the Twin Cities in the vast, green farmland

I'd argue central Illinois. According to the EA lore, Riverview is set on the 'Simomon' River, which is most likely named after the Sangamon River. The majority of area around the Sangamon is pretty much corn/soybean farms with small towns between them. Of course, I could be biased since that's the area I was born in.
Instructor
#8436 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 9:52 PM Last edited by PlyPlay665 : 16th Aug 2019 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Added question
I wrote a whole long and thoughtful response to y'all but I got an error when I clicked "submit reply" and now it's all gone. So I guess I'll just leave it at thank you for your responses! I'll be taking into account all of these when I'm creating my new tempest settings. (Or, for most of the worlds, just using the ones linked).

Unrelated question; do Mixologists not work properly in Arcade designated community lots? If they do, what would cause a Mixologist to wear their everyday outfits and do their own things (like play arcade games or bowl).

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Instructor
#8437 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
Unrelated question; do Mixologists not work properly in Arcade designated community lots? If they do, what would cause a Mixologist to wear their everyday outfits and do their own things (like play arcade games or bowl).

I have an Arcade in my current neighborhood furnished like a nightclub, with a LN bar, and the Mixologist works properly - she arrives around noon and stays until the closing hour of the lot. In my game she never keaves her bartendering job, so your Mixologist must have a glitchy behavior - if you have Nraas Register, you can dismiss and then reassign him, that should restore the connection between the NPC and the bar object.
No idea at the moment how to restore the connection without Register though.
Scholar
#8438 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 9:17 PM
Question about NRaas Traffic again regarding not having cars used on roads. If I permit carpools for jobs, this still counts the school bus, too?
Field Researcher
#8439 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 4:47 PM Last edited by Tacitala : 20th Aug 2019 at 5:07 PM.
Does anyone have experience with the Dairy Corral from the store? Specifically how long does it take before the cow that you milk (the Holstein that walks around the corral) comes out of the shed? Master Controller lists the cow as being on the lot and having the camera zoom to it centers the shed. So the cow is in there. I'd really like to know if I'm just not giving the cow long enough to produce milk before I start checking for mod conflicts.

(As a note: I've already made sure to clean my caches )
Scholar
#8440 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 6:16 PM
I just started to play the Sims 3 for a while, test-playing one of the premade worlds Sunset Valley, but I wondering - is there a way to check the amount of sims that exist in a world like you can with Sims 2 (in SimPE) or with a Mod?

Just familiar with invite function and Nraas's master controller (love this one), but not sure if includes all of them. Maybe a very stupid question, but I have only played the game a few days now and my sims 2 habits are still stuck in my head.
Scholar
#8441 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 7:29 PM
If you have MC, you select "town" then "demographics" and you can select from a number of different options, like "gender male" or "career-criminal" and you can get as specific as you want, for instance "gender: male" + "attraction: female" + "career: sports" + "age: adult"

Instructor
#8442 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
...if you have Nraas Register, you can dismiss and then reassign him, that should restore the connection between the NPC and the bar object.
No idea at the moment how to restore the connection without Register though.

That didn't seem to help, but I did find out what it was! The Sim did not have any skill in Mixology. This may be caused by my settings because I've made it so Sims I am not playing are as static as possible. I used MC to make him level 10 and as soon as he stopped interacting with the thing he was using, he walked over to bar!

Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
I just started to play the Sims 3 for a while, test-playing one of the premade worlds Sunset Valley, but I wondering - is there a way to check the amount of sims that exist in a world like you can with Sims 2 (in SimPE) or with a Mod?

What tunafishfish said, but to find out the basic demographic data, click; "Demographics.." / "Population.." and then just click the checkmark after that. It'll eventually show a popup that breaks down the population.

Instructor
#8443 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 10:31 PM
Guys, is it normal that NPCs are visiting an uncharted island?:/ Have you ever seen it happen? I believe I have created the island correctly. My sims can't go there and moving a cursor over it triggers the usual message (I wonder what could be there) and using the "DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands" makes the fog dissappear and the island becomes accesible.
Screenshots

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Test Subject
#8444 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 12:15 AM
I'm posting here because I feel stupid. Like maybe I did something stupid.

This mod doesn't work. http://modthesims.info/d/614360/clu...ty-changes.html

I have mods, I know how they work and how to install them. That was never a problem for me but just in case, I deleted my cache files. I started a new save game to see if that was the problem. I deleted the rabbit hole then replaced it. I bulldozed the lot then put the rabbithole again. I read, the creator said that you are supposed to download everything if you have all eps. I did. I have ONE flavor of each rabbit holes. It's the SAME flavor.

I'm at a loss, here. My map looks the same before and after downloading the mod.

Edit : I even tried Delphy's conflict mod thingy. I didn't said anything.
Test Subject
#8445 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I don't know if the bat box is working these days, but I'm willing to give it a whirl. Paging.. @Don Babilon

Do you have any other rabbithole mods?

When you say you downloaded everything, did you download one file or both?

Which lot are you having a problem with as there is a list of them that doesn't work with this mod.

The only mods I have add interractions to some rabbit holes. Like Nraas, or the recent "check for work" mod.

He said to download every .zip if you own every EP, but only have one flavor. I have one flavor for each rabbit holes, and it's the same.

My map looks exactly the same as before I downloaded the mod. And yes I checked the list of rabbit holes that don't work. I didn't used those.

Thank you for your help, the way!
Test Subject
#8446 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 5:58 PM Last edited by glad971 : 26th Aug 2019 at 4:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I don't use this mod, so I don't want to say too much as that is grounds for getting myself into trouble. When you installed for each EP, did you use the same version for each one? I ask because Don points this out in his instructions.

Other than this, I don't know what to tell you. Don is a busy guy in real life, so he may or may not make a appearance. Hopefully somebody that has or does use this will be more helpful than I've been.

I absolutely did. Everything is the same flavor.

Thank you for answering anyway, I really appreciate it. If that can reassure you, that mod (right now, at least) is not that important for my game. It just frustrates me that it doesn't work. I feel like I did something dumb, lol.

Edit : LIKE I SAID. I think I did a dumb. Probably. I did 2 things :

1 : (Probably not the solution because I'm stupid) There was too many folders. To get to the main Clutter your map folder it's already way too long, and when you're there, there are like 83783 folders. So I shortened it and put everything in the same folder.

2 : I'm confused about that one actually. 2 of the Supernatural Rabbit holes have 4 (or 5?) flavors available, when ALL the other ones only have 2 flavors. I thought that I had to choose only ONE flavor for the other ones except for the 2 Supernatural. I chose flavor 4 (I think) for both of them. All the rest was v2.
So what I did is restore the .zip, deleted EVERYTHING and put flavor v2 for the 2 Supernaturals. So EVERY rabbbithole was now v2.

And it worked. I'm so confused. So for the Supernatural ones, the other flavors (v3, v4, etc) are useless? Unless I somehow (but I know I checked many times, all the v1 were gone) missed a v1 in a folder.

But I'm glad I figured it out.
Top Secret Researcher
#8447 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 4:51 AM
If I use a mod like enable_llamas Floor Plants Placeable On Slots to place something that cannot usually be placed without a mod, then upload the lot and a downloader doesn't have the mod, will the item stay in place, assuming the downloader doesn't move it?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Instructor
#8448 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
If I use a mod like enable_llamas Floor Plants Placeable On Slots to place something that cannot usually be placed without a mod, then upload the lot and a downloader doesn't have the mod, will the item stay in place, assuming the downloader doesn't move it?

Hey, I actually tested this out some time ago and they stayed put when the lot was placed down. If you moved them you wouldn't be able to put them back, but undo works and gets them back on the slot - so it should be fine. If you'd like to be double sure and check across different games tho you can always send me a simple lot with a couple of them and I'll take my overrides out and test it
Top Secret Researcher
#8449 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 3:11 AM
@enable_llamas Thanks for the info, and the mod! I thought that was how it works, since that is also how items moved with either NRaas Debug Enabler or Decorator's Best Friend work- stay in place without mod, as long as they are not moved.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Instructor
#8450 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 3:14 AM
What happens when I edit an existing Sim in CAS and change their gender? Does it bork the game up?

Page 338 of 385