Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 9:01 AM Last edited by Kylaaab : 30th Mar 2019 at 4:15 AM. Reason: Made some fixes :)
Default TS3-- Looking for Testers for my Tomb lot
I already posted this in the creator feedback forum, but I was told I might be able to get a better response here, so I'll just copy and paste that thread here--

I'm looking for volunteer testers for a tomb lot I've been working on. I tested it myself, and all the links match up properly, but I also want to know how anyone who doesn't know exactly how to complete it, feels about it before I try uploading it to MTS.

If anyone is willing to try it out, here are some questions I have for them:

-Is anything too difficult to figure out?
-Is anything too easy?
-How many sim hours did the adventure take as a whole?
-Are there any problems you're having with it?
-Is there anything I could change to make it better?

I should also let you know that I've used no store content or custom content, but I have used all EPs except ITF, UL, and Showtime. Also, I will also say that this tomb lot is pretty big, and it's more difficult than any EA ones in the sense that some actions may render it un-completable -- so watch your step!
(Some of this tomb lot may or may not be loosely inspired around a certain retro style adventure game from 1989 :})

This is my first tomb lot, so I haven't used the processor for any linking, (I actually just discovered there is a processor less than a day ago) so if you know of an easier way to set up any links for certain puzzles I have in my adventure lot, please don't hesitate to let me know for the future.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could take some of their time to try it out and give me feedback.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  TombTester_libraryfile.7z (4.46 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 2:13 AM
I tried to test your tomb lot, but did not have tremendous success. I think I picked a super dumb sim (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

First, the house is great!

In the closet at the top of the left stairs, my sim was aflame and couldn't get out. Bye first sim, RIP.

Next, Sim2 opened all the walls that have photographs in front, a very lovely and clever idea. I really like how peering through the windows lights the adjacent rooms.
Moved the statue to the spot on floor- success!, but it seemed to open a few things and happened so quickly I am not sure what happened.
Dumb Sim2 could not find any objects needed to open the locked doors. Somehow they stumbled into the basement through the outside door.
They were shocked, over and over again, passed out, recovered, found the kitchen and restocked.
Finally I teleported them through the yellow tiled maze, and then they got lost in the real maze.
Adventure ends when I teleport DumbSim3 home.

I haven't played a tomb in a long time, so maybe I missed some very obvious stuff, but I couldn't figure out much of the tomb. I think the flaming closet of death might need a stronger warning, or way out, or shower in a can or something, because that was bad, funny, but bad. It was a bit hard to see in the basement, at some parts because of the lighting, and then at the parts where the maze was very narrow. My sim kept having routing fits in the maze. Many townie sims kept trying to get in and were reset by the game.

I would be happy to give it another go, but I definitely need a hint or two.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 3:11 AM
Hahaha, don't enter the closet! It only leads to bad things.
The flaming death closet is just the right amount of evil to be funny, so I simply can't make it more obvious ahahahha. This is what the sims that don't read all the signs get! *evil villain laugh*

You gotta stay in the darkness for the basement maze, and then comes the catacombs. Did you answer the puzzles? Just PM me wherever you're stuck and I could give you a hint to help you along, but on the off chance that anyone else wants to test out my tomb (which at this point is very unlikely) I wont give any spoilers away here. Also, I'd replace your lot with the one now currently in the download above. It's named the same thing, but I've made some major fixes.
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 10:41 AM Last edited by cutsocks : 19th Mar 2019 at 12:29 PM.
I love tombs, but I never play them much or seek them out. I should probably seek them out more. I meant to check this out much right after you posted. But I forgot. (I browse MTS on my phone, and if there's something I want to check out or reply to, I'll do it later when I'm on the desktop. But that often leads to me forgetting stuff, or not bothering with commenting or whatnot. I'm a terrible person, I know.)

Anywho, I did check this out. And I'm going to spoiler my experiences, so far.

Overall this is way longer and more involved than I expected, but who know what I was expecting... I had no expectations going in.

EDIT: More experiences.

I've been testing this with cheats on and needs static, btw. However my dude had 6 in athletic skill, and he's been able to attempt to cross all the fire traps successfully. If i manage to get through it all, I'll run it without needs static, on a prepared adventurer stocked with some food and a tent/sleeping bag.

I realize my log has been a bit walkthrough-y, and possibly more detailed than needed, but just want to be sure I'm not by-passing/missing something or just going through in the unintended way. I can move this to PM if you wish. Also I don't know what video game this is referencing--would be curious to know. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 3:39 AM Last edited by Kylaaab : 20th Mar 2019 at 3:51 AM.
@cutsocks Thanks so much for testing it and the in-depth response!

Instructor
#6 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 5:52 PM
YAY!

Your new changes/fixes make it all flow so much better.

I'm having a blast testing this for you, btw. I've made one, medium-smallish tomb before, so I have an idea how complex these things can get, but yours is so massive, I can't imagine how confusing it looks in build mode. (And I'm not peeking.)

Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:36 PM Last edited by Kylaaab : 20th Mar 2019 at 8:28 PM.
Ah! Those statues are still giving you a problem? Yeah, I guess replacing the statues with step plates is the best option. I thought I finally figured out the problem, but I suppose not..

Thank you for all the compliments too haha :}

It did indeed turn out to be pretty massive.. it sure was fun doing all that linking ahahaha.

Instructor
#8 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab
Ah! Those statues are still giving you a problem? Yeah, I guess replacing the statues with step plates is the best option. I thought I finally figured out the problem, but I suppose not..

Thank you for all the compliments too haha :}

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 4:16 AM
Update: Silly me, I updated the post with the same version and deleted the fixed version by mistake.. Maybe giving them the same name wasn't the best idea hahaha. It's fixed now :}
dodgy builder
#10 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 8:13 AM
I've been wondering about doing a tomb for my Angkor Wat inspired world. What tutorials did you follow?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 7:53 PM
Oh, I just looked around google when it came to something specific I was trying to do. ign's tutorial was probably the most helpful, as it includes details about most of the things that can be done. It's kind of one of those things, that once you get the hang of it, it becomes easier.

I still don't know how to use the processor, but I hear that it can go a long way in making different things happen in tombs that can't be achieved normally, so depending how much time you're willing to put into your tomb, and how easy/hard those mechanisms are for you, that might be a good thing to look into. I personally didn't. I found it really complicated, plus I only found out about them after nearly finishing the tomb's construction.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 12:40 AM
Holy Cow Kylaaab, this is some tomb!

Thoughts
Perhaps include a warning about how lower end computers may not be able to handle this lot, based on how long the lot takes to place in the world.
A shower would be lovely, since your sim is going to get singed. Perhas the sink in the basement can be replaced with a shower?
Did you know this mod will let you place any item on commercial or residential lots, and downloaders do not need it in their game (thinking about the grill in the kitchen): Buzzler's Builder Stuff, specifically the Build/Buy Restriction Chocker: http://www.modthesims.info/d/450059/builder-stuff.html

Funny how I would like a stronger warning on the flaming closet of doom, and cutsocks would like no warning.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Holy Cow Kylaaab, this is some tomb!

Thoughts
Perhaps include a warning about how lower end computers may not be able to handle this lot, based on how long the lot takes to place in the world.
A shower would be lovely, since your sim is going to get singed. Perhas the sink in the basement can be replaced with a shower?
Did you know this mod will let you place any item on commercial or residential lots, and downloaders do not need it in their game (thinking about the grill in the kitchen): Buzzler's Builder Stuff, specifically the Build/Buy Restriction Chocker: http://www.modthesims.info/d/450059/builder-stuff.html

Funny how I would like a stronger warning on the flaming closet of doom, and cutsocks would like no warning.

I can definitely include a shower in the cellar. Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't even thought of fixing the singing. singe-ing? idk ahah, but that is a great idea. :}
I will also leave a warning for the lower end computers. It is a very massive tomb, I admit, so it's understandable that there are some performance issues with some computers.

Also! That's amazing I had no idea a mod like that existed! I will definitely take an advantage of that to place a real stove in the kitchen. That will make things more realistic instead of having a grill inside.
Now to the tomb spoilers!