Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2018 at 6:52 AM
Default How do I remove the age restrictions on certain objects and interactions?
When I try to change the age restriction via NRaas Retuner and the ITUN files it doesn't work on certain stuff. So i'm trying to make some mods that would change that. I'm assuming that the age values are also stored somewhere else in the game files but I don't know where. I tried to look in the dll files too but I couldn't find anything that tells the game which age groups are allowed to use certain objects and interactions.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 27th May 2018 at 10:25 AM
It really depends because sometimes it's in the ITUN files and other times it's pretty much hardcoded into the script. Which I think is more for interactions that were done the other way around than the somewhat newer scripted ones Which Object(s) are you trying to change?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2018 at 10:26 PM
Plenty of things, a lot of things actually like for example I was able to change the table tennis and the pool table to be usable for children but only they could only initiate the interaction to play with adults,the adults can't select the children to play with them and simple things like playing skeeball or giving each other makeovers they can't even do even when I change the settings in NRass Retuner or the ITUN files.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2018 at 8:25 AM
I read a tutorial on Simlogical using the wayback machine and it says that changing an ITUN is not a guarantee that your change will work. Many times, the restrictions for an interaction are hard-coded. If you want to know for sure that a restriction is hard-coded, you have to use ILSpy (or some other decompiler) to look at the core libraries and find out. https://web.archive.org/web/2014070...hp?topic=1588.0. I'm wondering what Nona meant by saying look in the core libraries and what hard-coded means because I still couldn't find it in the dll files.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:15 AM
Okay I got a few answers on Stack Exchange telling me what hard code means. I got one saying 'This usually means it's in the program's code, rather than in say a configuration file or configurable by the user at run time. The designers of the game didn't intend you modify this and you'll have to modify the actual game code. This may be quite difficult.', 'Hard-coded withing programming means that the functionality can't be altered without changing the programs code.
Using age restriction as an example. This will have been done in such a way that the age required can only be changed by making a code change rather than it being configurable through a file that anyone could change.' and 'This is not really a programming question. In the context of video games, many games have files or assets available for users to change. This is called modding the game. Some games encourage this for users to make their own content for the game, others do not, but mods do exist for many games, especially PC ones.
Hard coded in this sense means that the code that controls this feature is not available in files that you have available for to change. Usually this means that it is set in the binary executable file of the game, and there is no easy way to get to that code.' https://softwareengineering.stackex...-like-in-gaming
I do know that a majority of the game's programming is stored in the .dll files and in the package files but that's all of what about this but I still haven't given up on this rather I just took a break from it.
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 1:59 PM
Ok since you're starting again with this mod
First we have to determine whether it is hard coded or not. So for that we have to search for the ITUN file.
-If we can't find the ITUN file then we'll look in the socialdata.xml or we make a script mod. More on that later.
-If you find the skeeball interaction ITUN file, Edit it to include Children and see if it works.

So finding the ITUN file is the first thing to do. ITUn files are in the gameplaydata.package, let me know if you find it.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 2:18 PM
Alright allow me a moment to install Showtime first so I could get the skeeball object installed in order to search for the ITUN file.
Scholar
#8 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 2:33 PM
Have you already tried changing the ITUNs? In that case try looking at the socialdata.xml files, also in the gameplaydata.package.

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 2:39 PM
I had attached the Skeeball ITUN files in the rar folder. My workflow is much better and faster now that i'm back on my i5 laptop.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Skeeball.rar (5.1 KB, 112 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#10 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
I had attached the Skeeball ITUN files in the rar folder. My workflow is much better and faster now that i'm back on my i5 laptop.

Is it working? Does the interaction become enabled for kids?

Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror

Can someone advice me how can I install this DLC properly?