Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 12:44 PM
Default Usual building time ??
Hi there , I just wanted to know how long does it take for you to completely build a lot ? I've always been amused by people on youtube who does 'let's builds' as they always seem to finish in just HOURS and for me.. it takes at least 2-3 days , not to mention that I always take many breaks in between because I always drain myself trying to properly build a lot...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 3:22 PM
That strongly depends on the build. The more complex, the longer it takes. Also on whether I just start and see where it leads to or if I know exactly what I want to see in the end. So it can take anything from 4-5 hours to several days. Or even weeks, given that I cannot bulld all day long.

I would assume that those builders "practise" their building several times before. they switch on the camera, making everything look casual.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 3:56 PM
Some even use month, even in plural to build a house. Like my Wentworth house, it's in ts4, but it's still not finished.

If I made a decent size "normal" house in ts4, it can take a couple of hours.

It also depends on how much you have built from before and if you have people waiting for a new post. If you do like me, have a blog you have to provide people with readable material several days a week, you often end up focusing on smaller houses and build on objects and styles you already know. In ts4 making houses in new looks is more demanding because you have to choose a new set of CC to make a house in a new style. While in ts3 you can also talk about little changes in swatches because of the color wheel and texture changes.
Alchemist
#4 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 3:58 PM
Depends on your skill, interest, and what Norn said, complexity. To me it personally depends on my mood and inspiration too. I had a time where I'd finish 3 lots in maybe 2 days, but it doesn't really matter how long it takes, as long as it looks good.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#5 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:42 AM
I am the worlds slowest builder. I can build a tiny, very simple house in a few hours, but seriously most lots take me a month or more to build.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 3:53 AM
Days, weeks, months, years? It really depends if it's a simple or complex build and if it's small or huge. My set of Seasons lots I have put on hold due to the CFE ski lift giving me a lot of grief. My water park (uploaded here) I put aside for a year half way along. I am building a 4 story apartment right now, been building that for about a week I guess? Some days I do very little. Now that I have the 2 click foundation done and know the floor plans of my units it will go faster.

Are we talking about a nice little house or a roller coaster?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 12:38 PM
If I had a whole day to spend on building (which I rarely do) a really ambitious build would probably take the better part of it. As it is I have to spread it out over a few days - a week perhaps. I like to experiment first, try out new ideas, see what's possible; and I usually use a 'build world' where I can keep my earlier experiments on hand for reference. If I have a clear idea of what I want to do I can get the basic structure done in say 2 or 3 hours, but there then follows a lot of tweaking and testing, trying different styles, different windows and doors. Then comes play testing, of course, and arranging furniture so that it not only looks good but sims can actually move about without route failing.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:14 PM
I'd say that if you're building a starter home, usually an hour and a half or maybe two will suffice. If you're really picky, three. But to build a full-scale mansion, or a villa, you can expect to be occupied for several full afternoons.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 2:57 AM
It does depend on the size, complexity and inspiration. If I know exactly what I want I can build one in a few hours but otherwise a few days, especially to discover faults and tweak a few things. I have one house that has been sitting incomplete for several months.