Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 12:49 AM Last edited by asykes90 : 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:03 AM.
Default Unable to place objects in my game (TS3)
I play The Sims 3 and yesterday I accidentally downloaded TS4 hair package files. Now I can't place any objects on any of the lots in my game unless it has a slot (dresser,table, of shelf) or if I use the "Moveobjects" cheat.

My game also cannot exit on its own. Whether I save my game or not, Whenever I press "quit", the game just sits there loading. I went to work and came back 9 hours later and it was still on there loading!

I figured out that the CC I downloaded was for TS4, so I went in my mods file and deleted all of them. My game is STILL acting exactly the same.

What can I do to find out what the culprit is?

ETA: I just downloaded the delphy sims3 dashboard and found out that I had also downloaded TS2 items (never using tumblr for CC ever again. smh)

I took it out and I'm still having the same issue!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 1:30 AM
Try clearing your caches. Info here >http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...ete_Cache_Files <

"These are temporary files that are saved by the game to make loading certain information faster. If these files have incorrect or corrupted data, it may prevent your game from loading. The game will regenerate fresh copies of these files each time it loads, so deleting them is perfectly safe, and it's normal for them to reappear."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Try clearing your caches. Info here >http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...ete_Cache_Files <

"These are temporary files that are saved by the game to make loading certain information faster. If these files have incorrect or corrupted data, it may prevent your game from loading. The game will regenerate fresh copies of these files each time it loads, so deleting them is perfectly safe, and it's normal for them to reappear."

I've done that and nothing helps.

I just realized that I deleted all of the Kinky world files I had without uninstalling it in the game first.

could that possibly be my problem?
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:03 AM
I'm fairly certain that could do it. I don't have that mod but from what I understand it's critical to follow whatever uninstall instructions there are for in-depth mods like that. If you haven't saved your game yet then you can probably undelete the files you removed, run the game, follow the uninstall procedure, and see if it works again after that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
I'm fairly certain that could do it. I don't have that mod but from what I understand it's critical to follow whatever uninstall instructions there are for in-depth mods like that. If you haven't saved your game yet then you can probably undelete the files you removed, run the game, follow the uninstall procedure, and see if it works again after that.

Darn. I've already deleted the files.

Should I just add the files back,reinstall, then uninstall PROPERLY and then delete the files again?

or is my game just toast?
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:12 AM
I feel like a game should never be toast since if you delete the sims 3 folder everything typically runs smoothly again MEANING the culprit is somewhere within the folder.
This should be the last thing you do but move your sims 3 folder out of the EA folder, put it on your desktop or something. Run sims 3 so it creates a new sims 3 folder, make sure everything is running fine then begin slowly moving stuff over from the folder on your desktop into the correct folders with the newly created sims 3 folder and re-running the game until the it hiccups and you figure out what or where the problem is.
Theorist
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 3:04 AM
Rename your sims 3 folder, and then start in a fresh Sunset Valley. Don't load your old save until you've tested it with a fresh one.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 5:00 AM
It's the ongoing saved game that will be toast if the KW mod was yanked out from under it, not the game folder. There's no guarantees but sounds like the OP was on a better track when they were talking about reinstalling KW (same version of the mod as before, hopefully) and then uninstalling it properly to see if their ongoing game can be saved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It's the ongoing saved game that will be toast if the KW mod was yanked out from under it, not the game folder. There's no guarantees but sounds like the OP was on a better track when they were talking about reinstalling KW (same version of the mod as before, hopefully) and then uninstalling it properly to see if their ongoing game can be saved.

I did exactly that and the game FINALLY closed out normally!

The only issue is that when I started the game again, my family funds were at 0, none of my money cheats worked, and there were absolutely no sims on my UI.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 12:31 AM Last edited by igazor : 24th Jan 2018 at 12:45 AM.
There may not be much of a solution then. The KW mod has never been conducive to long-running games that remain playable. It's been said that one has to start their in-progress games over whenever a new version comes out, but players report that their games implode after a while even without worrying about new versions. Unless, that is, something has changed very recently or you have a way to get support from KW's developer.

If this is now also happening with brand new games just started, then yes I would have to agree it's time for a new game folder and without the problem causing content like TS2/4 stuff and perhaps without KW.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by asykes90
I did exactly that and the game FINALLY closed out normally!

The only issue is that when I started the game again, my family funds were at 0, none of my money cheats worked, and there were absolutely no sims on my UI.

got it!

I deleted my old saves and started a new game.

VOILA! like new!

Thanks guys!