Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 6:38 PM
Default Idiot Noob can't build a foundation
Many years of Sims 2, but new to Sims 4. Skipped the building tutorial in game, because how different could it be? (ooopsie!)
If anybody would be so kind as to tell me how to place a foundation for a house I would be very happy. Base game, no mods. It's not a glitch, it's me being an idiot.
Thanks in advance for being kind to an idiot asking how to do something that is probably extremely simple IF YOU KNOW HOW.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 7:00 PM
First, you need to place floor tiles. Anything will do. Then you'll be able to raise or lower fundations' height.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 10:09 PM
AHA! Thank you. So, the foundation comes after the walls and floor, not as the very first thing (as in Sims2). Thank you very much!

Okay, what is the MCCC and why do I need it?

What are the basic tools, if any, for creating custom content?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 11:51 PM
MCCC is the story-progression mod by deaderpoolmc that's basically a must-have for ever simmer.

For making CC, most people use Blender and Sims4Studio, and there's a whole forum of tutorials one the S4S website too!
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lemememeringue
MCCC is the story-progression mod by deaderpoolmc that's basically a must-have for ever simmer.

For making CC, most people use Blender and Sims4Studio, and there's a whole forum of tutorials one the S4S website too!

Blender is still the meshing tool? I guess there was no reason to change. I will be downloading and checking out S4S tomorrow on my real computer with actual graphics power. I have been casually playing on my tablet/laptop so far. Looks like I will be needing the tutorials.

I did a quick read on MCCC, and it seemed to lack a few capabilities I rather need right. My Sim married a fugly NPC that walks funny, and I'd like to correct both of those unfortunate things, as well as a trait or two. Something like Insiminator from Sims 2 is what I have in mind. Any advice on worthwhile mods?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rhiamom
My Sim married a fugly NPC that walks funny, and I'd like to correct both of those unfortunate things, as well as a trait or two.

MCCC does more than story progression. It has an option to enter full CAS mode, where you can change the NPC's face, body, walkstyle, and traits. It's actually more expedient than Insiminator, in my opinion, because you don't have to go through a bunch of menus to fix lots of things about one sim, as long as they are the appearance things. You can also adjust skill levels and such in separate options. There's a lot to the mod. Deaderpool is a gift to the Sims 4 community.