Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 9:00 PM Last edited by Nemiga : 15th Oct 2017 at 6:32 PM.
Default Problems with hair [SOLVED]
Hi,
Recently I was converting hair from another game to sims 3 and everything seems fine until I got to the game to look for result.

The hair itself looks fine, except those floating hair pieces around it. And I can't find the problem with it, cuz in Milkshape and TSRW everything looks fine.

I checked UV map and texture, it looks normal to me...

I have been converting a lot of stuff lately, but it the first time when I encounter such problem. And like I said I don't know what to do to fix this. So I need your help guys.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 3:02 PM
I actually had this issue before but I never really knew what actually fixed it. First thing I'd check is the alpha map on all DXT5 maps. If that's not the case (So no weird white blocks showing up at the area where you're experiencing the issue) then giving the 'extra data tool' for milkshake a try Make sure to enter 255,255,255 in all the boxes as explained in the hair tutorial here on MTS (See Extra Data - http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...s_3_Hair_Basics)

If not... I guess Align normals might help you here? If you're experiencing black spots, you wanna import the hair into blender, select the entire mesh in edit mode and use the shortcut CTRL+N, the re-flip the normals that are facing the wrong side and export it, then in milkshape you can safely use Align normals

If all fails... I guess taking a look whether the UV map is really a 1024x1024 might help?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
I actually had this issue before but I never really knew what actually fixed it. First thing I'd check is the alpha map on all DXT5 maps. If that's not the case (So no weird white blocks showing up at the area where you're experiencing the issue) then giving the 'extra data tool' for milkshake a try Make sure to enter 255,255,255 in all the boxes as explained in the hair tutorial here on MTS (See Extra Data - http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...s_3_Hair_Basics)

If not... I guess Align normals might help you here? If you're experiencing black spots, you wanna import the hair into blender, select the entire mesh in edit mode and use the shortcut CTRL+N, the re-flip the normals that are facing the wrong side and export it, then in milkshape you can safely use Align normals

If all fails... I guess taking a look whether the UV map is really a 1024x1024 might help?

Thanks for trying to help. I already did all those things you mentioned, but nothing worked. As it apears, there probably was a problem with a mesh itself, cuz when I dowloaded and converted another version of this model everything now seems fine

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:17 PM
Heh conversions can be a pain in the butt when it comes to accidentally forgetting to clean the mesh or something! I'm glad you figured it out though!