Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 8:03 PM
Default Sims 3 trees in Sims 2?
Hello,

I have modified Sims 2 so much that I can actually start to enjoy the neighborhood view when I'm in the live mode. It somehow looks like other follwing Sims games because you can see the whole neighborhood (I will post pictures of this some day).
But what is really missing are great high poly trees (my PC can handle it) as a hood decoration.
I think that the Sims 3 ones are perfect, but how do you convert them to Sims 2? I can't even find the trees using TSR Workshop.I already created my first Sims 2 mesh and some basic hood deco, so I'm not completely new to this. But I'm not able to solve my problem even with some research.

I hope you can help me!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 2:19 PM
This thread is quite old @Bob Newbie, but I have relevant information, and I know a lot of us have coveted the TS3 trees for years. You can pull the meshes with a combination of 3D ripper DX, 3DS Max and a Max script to fix the UVs. The trees aren't actually as high poly as they look; they're less than 2000 faces. The leaves are on diagonal planes. It's not that the ripper isn't pulling the entire mesh, because you can view the same planes if you switch TS3 to wire frame mode. TS3 must use something else to give the trees their fuller appearance. AFAICT, the only trees that are usable without some remeshing are the more fanciful ones. All that said, if someone still wants details on getting the trees, I'll explain.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 6:14 PM
Oh it's really cool you found out how to convert the trees! As far as I know (I don't have TS3 installed right now), the leaves turn with the camera rotation. So it looks like they are detailed trees but it's just an illusion.

Check out my tumblr: greatcheesecakepersona