Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:27 PM
Default Career Events and Opportunities on Custom Careers
Ok, so I'm making my own customized career, I've finished the base of the career and it work correctly in the game, and now I want to add career events and opportunities.

I've followed the model of the Nrasas.Mobster.Career, and the Model.Career from MissHissy; and I'va added some events and opportunities to my career. The issue is that this events are not showing up, and that a bubble message pops up once i start the game, saying that there is an script error on the .Career and the .CareerEvents.

I don't find what is wrong, and I can't interpret what the script eror archive from the sims 3 folder says.

Anyone can lend me a hand, please?

Thank you
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 9:55 PM
Something I came across with trying to create an active career (Which is basically ONLY opportunities :P) you somehow had to make sure you made your own enum, as in, it still being the existing Enum but... with the enum files you'd list. It's kinda difficult to explain. This part of career scripting does need a little bit of C# knowledge to figure it all out. So when it comes to that, I'd first start knowing at least basic C#

Else, it will require you to make a 'Job' type, which is another 'class' that careers have. With that you could check out the 'medical career'. I noticed that when looking at specific active careers they also had this job class since that really makes the, well, career Another one would be the politician one which has an event going on as well but doesn't need a new 'job' class from the looks of it in order to get the xmldata tab to work. On the xmldata and the enums i'd check this one out: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...:Sims_3_New_LTW
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 7:43 PM
Thanks for answering, and for the link! (I will try to make a LTW for my career)

I finally figured out what was wrong (I forget to "open" the script of an event, and that was the thing that caused the error).
Now I'm testing the career on the game to make sure it works (I've made some opportunities, reward events and choice events) and is safe. The hardest thing now is trying to figure out the terminology that uses the game to describe some objects and moodlets, so I can put them in the rewards
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 4:53 PM
Awesome!

And that's actually done with SBTLs. When looking at the inside of a store item that has popups, you'll see a lot of those. They're referenced within a script (at least I know the normal popups on the top right are, though the UI is sometimes referred then) See: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ocalized_Coding

Although to be really honest... I'm trying to figure out myself whether the whole opportunity and careers really do work with the way I think it works. Should probably check any other careers... if I'm super sure things work this way, I'll let you know
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 9:20 PM
Yes, I'm using only STBL; I think is the easyest way to make custom stuff like that.

I also revised custom careers of other people searching for the codes of the different opportunities; but then I find the opportunities and career events files on the ScriptGame package data (inside the folders of the installed game); and is helping me even more, 'cause it lists all the events and opportunities of real careers of the game.(and also objects, special rewards, skills, and more)

And since I've found all this information, I want to add "reading books" opportunities and customized books (Call me crazy, but even if is my first custom career, I want to make is as complete as I want).

Now I'm looking other customized carrers, and the nraas web, only for the strings needed.

I expect you're going well with your career too