Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:05 PM
Default A Place To Rant About Sims 4
Hey y'all!
I am guessing most of you or some of you viewing this thread have at least played of heard about sims 4.
It was highly anticipated after sims 3, as that was a great game and simmers were expecting something even greater coming out of sims 4. However, I feel sims 4 was a step backwards from sims 3. I have my reasons and own opinions, so please don't attack me for it.

This thread is a space for you to rant about sims 4 and what you don't like about it. Please respect each others opinions.

[Please note: I am a huge fan of the sims franchise and I do play sims 4 on a regular basis. It is not a terrible game, but personally I think it could of been better. This forum is for fun. Do not take any criticism seriously if you love Sims 4.]
Xoxo
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:20 PM
Eh, people already do rant on it in this forum, lol, so this might just have a merit of having repetitive addressed complaints and what not. Biggest insult in TS4 that it had offered nothing new essentially. Emotions? That's nothing, sims had them in past games more and less, and they fucked it up instead of improving it any way mechanic gameplay wise.

Same goes for multitasking. It ain't multitasking If you're sim is talking then dancing then continuing on mixing a drink whilst moonlighting on a bar. There should be no 'then',instead where the "and"?"?

They had the chance of doing it right, but they miss the opportunity and still up to this day they still not trying to fix it or improve it at all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Eh, people already do rant on it in this forum, lol, so this might just have a merit of having repetitive addressed complaints and what not. Biggest insult in TS4 that it had offered nothing new essentially. Emotions? That's nothing, sims had them in past games more and less, and they fucked it up instead of improving it any way mechanic gameplay wise.

Same goes for multitasking. It ain't multitasking If you're sim is talking then dancing then continuing on mixing a drink whilst moonlighting on a bar. There should be no 'then',instead where the "and"?"?

They had the chance of doing it right, but they miss the opportunity and still up to this day they still not trying to fix it or improve it at all.

I agree. With the emotions, EA advertised it as this amazing new game feature and it was the vocal point in the sims 4. But honestly it wasnt that great. We sorta had it in sims 3 and it was less annoying. I mean sims 4, have you ever met someone who died of embarrassment or laughter? Hell naw.
In TS4, they took away so many key feautures (#openworld) but then they doubled the price.
And you have to know there's something wrong with their sales if after 2 weeks after city living was released, it was on sale?
People are catching on to EA's bs, and EA thinks that just because sims has been adored over time that they can slack off for ts4 because they know longtime fans will buy it.
Well guess what?
Many fans have stopped buying sims, and are going back to the older games, or just have completely stopped playing the whole sims franchise.
Theorist
#4 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:40 PM
Receptacle II:The return
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge

This time, it's serious.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wow-Princess
I agree. With the emotions, EA advertised it as this amazing new game feature and it was the vocal point in the sims 4. But honestly it wasnt that great. We sorta had it in sims 3 and it was less annoying. I mean sims 4, have you ever met someone who died of embarrassment or laughter? Hell naw.
In TS4, they took away so many key feautures (#openworld) but then they doubled the price.
And you have to know there's something wrong with their sales if after 2 weeks after city living was released, it was on sale?
People are catching on to EA's bs, and EA thinks that just because sims has been adored over time that they can slack off for ts4 because they know longtime fans will buy it.
Well guess what?
Many fans have stopped buying sims, and are going back to the older games, or just have completely stopped playing the whole sims franchise.

I've had several sims die of embarrassment after getting turned down for marriage, so it does happen. My biggest gripe is every sim acts the same, there is no difference in any sim they all end up acting the same.
Instructor
#7 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:04 PM
the whole internet is a place to rant about the sims 4. everywhere i go no one seems to like it except the guys at LL :P

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
This time, it's serious.

You have to use one of the buzzwords!

*Tactile

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
You have to use one of the buzzwords!
*Tactile

If you ever come up with a badass movie tagline that contains the word "tactile", let me know.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#10 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XtraSim
the whole internet is a place to rant about the sims 4. everywhere i go no one seems to like it except the guys at LL :P

Yead, and I don't feel like making paragraphs why it sucks because like it's so a common trend to discuss about TS4 that I got tired of repeating. Those for are curious and wondering why it was a massive disappointment in comparision with other past games by many big sims franchise fans and critics I like, I suggest just browsing through official forum, youtube, game review sites, ect.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Yead, and I don't feel like making paragraphs why it sucks [...]

I don't feel like writing paragraphs about why it sucks because I've already written enough to fill several books about it.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:25 PM
I don't need a dedicated thread to rant about The Sims 4.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge

Receptacle II: Electric Boogaloo.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 7:10 PM
Is anyone actually excited for pets? Cause I am not. You can't control them, which I found extremely useful in ts3 for making machimas and using poses. Also, in ts2 my sim pets often got stuck somewhere and ended up dying because I couldn't forcefully move them due to them being non-playable. Aah, I bet loads of my pets are gonna die in ts4...
*Sigh*
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 7:12 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 8th Oct 2017 at 7:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Receptacle II: Electric Boogaloo.

Obvious, but still excellent.

Still, as far as sequel titles go I'm partial to DIE HARD 2: DIE HARDER. Reminds me of this "movie poster" that I don't recall ever making:

insert signature here
Theorist
#16 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 7:48 PM
Quote:
absolutely not based on a book or any laws of physics also why the fuck are you reading this
go do something else Jesus Christ I understand that you pay attention to details - so do I
but you're really giving me a hard time here

-at least 7 characters here-
Mad Poster
#17 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 7:49 PM
I ran out of ideas before I even got started on it. I know that because I only just added it in. Now that I think about it, that gun could use a really sinister-looking face above it.

insert signature here
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#18 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 8:15 PM
Last time we had a specific "rant about TS4" thread it got closed, reopened, moved around the forums, and finally moved to a different site altogether. A shame really, because SimGuruGraham was a regular poster on it when he could still find it, now he doesn't post here at all. Good luck, WowPrincess

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#19 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 8:19 PM
Well clearly the show must go on, people must continue to rave and rant about TS4 and everything that it stands for. I haven't played TS4 for way too long to have any sort of strong feelings about it, but I'll absolutely check back here when I've played it again.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#20 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:33 PM

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:48 PM
There are rants and posts about what folks do not like about 4 all over this site already. Been there, seen that so much already.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:51 PM
I like sims 4 quite a bit but then I bought it for dirt cheap so in case I hated it, it wouldn't have been a HUGE waste of money - but i hated it when I first bought it but grew to like it as they added things like toddlers. But I still play sims 3 way more then sims 4. I would say both games 3 and 4, for me, just lack that personality that made sims 2 stand out. Like in sims 2 I WANTED to play rotation and really see where these sims would go. In 3 and 4, I find I care very little about the sims except the ones I'm playing. I think they should recreate sims 2 and ONLY upgraded the graphics
Mad Poster
#23 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 10:07 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - the last pack I bought was City Living. It cost me €3, and I feel ripped off.

insert signature here
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#24 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 11:05 PM
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: nope