Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9901 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Are you saying it was MustLuvCats understair storage then?

About a year or two ago I downloaded MustLuvCats understair storage, then went looking for stair cases that would work with it. Used the Scriptorum for the stairs, and the lights stopped working. It took uninstalling and re-installing the game to get the Scriptorium out of my installation files to get the lights working again.

Did you install Gunmod's radiance system with it? It might be that conflicting with hacks/mods you have. Either that or it might have been a light I guess.

The Scriptorium itself basically creates some sub-folders in your game files, adds one line to the in-game script files for walls, stairs and fireplaces (saying make sure you (the game) read these folders when you load) and some shortcuts to your Downloads folder. Nothing at all to do with lights and this is what you have to do manually if you install custom stairs/walls/fireplaces and don't use the Scriptorium for it. This is what Numenor said on the Scriptorim thread:

the Installer creates three special folders named "Scriptorium_ModularStairs", "Scriptorium_Fireplaces" and "Scriptorium_Walls" in the folder (gamedir)\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts.
Then appends one single line to the game files "modularstairs.txt", "fireplaces.txt" and "walls.txt": wildInclude Scriptorium_Fireplaces\*.*
These two simple steps ensure the needed support for the custom content.

I think it's more likely to be the CC you had at the time than the Scriptorium.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#9902 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 12:37 PM
@ihatemandatoryregister If you mean giving tokens to sims when ACR is first installed, it will automatically give one to any sim eligible for a token that doesn't have one at 8:30 am and pm.
Field Researcher
#9903 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:08 PM
Is it absolutely necessary to have the pets, seasons, exotic destinations, magic and hobby subhoods attached to your main hood? I don't plan on using the hobby or magic lots, and all of my subhoods are set up to have no character files.
Will generating a hood without them break anything?
Mad Poster
#9904 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:34 PM
Quote:
Will generating a hood without them break anything?

No. I've got empty templates, and it doesn't bother the game one whit. If you don't have those, you will spawn all the subhoods

You don't want to do it without the empty templates.

However, the magic lots automatically generate anyway-there's no way to avoid them. They're hidden lots, and not subject to any template shenanigans..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#9905 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
No. I've got empty templates, and it doesn't bother the game one whit. If you don't have those, you will spawn all the subhoods

You don't want to do it without the empty templates.

However, the magic lots automatically generate anyway-there's no way to avoid them. They're hidden lots, and not subject to any template shenanigans..

Thanks, I do have empty templates because I wanted to make my own vacation destinations
When do the magic lots generate? I have several hoods I created that have no lots at all...
Inventor
#9906 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:37 PM
If you can't/don't want to use empty templates, there's also Tarlia's method of disabling the stealth hoods. It's what simmers do if they want to create completely empty neighborhoods, especially if they want to share them.
Field Researcher
#9907 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
If you can't/don't want to use empty templates, there's also Tarlia's method of disabling the stealth hoods. It's what simmers do if they want to create completely empty neighborhoods, especially if they want to share them.

I think that is the method I used, and that must be why I have no magic lots.
Mad Poster
#9908 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:44 PM
This seems now to me mostly "the vomit" thread, so I won't keep talking about adoption. I've discovered lots of stuff about:
Squinge's "adopt teen", the Ogre non-adoption. Sim Blender, Sim Manipulator, Teleporter Cat
Don't know if I should start an Adoption thread, or if it's been done/updated, or if anyone cares

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9909 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zena-Dew-Drop
Thanks, I do have empty templates because I wanted to make my own vacation destinations
When do the magic lots generate? I have several hoods I created that have no lots at all...

ON loading the hood for the first time - empty templates actually don't prevent the sub-hoods being added, it's just that what gets added is empty. With my Polgannon, I made that without sub-hoods. When you put it in your game, your game will add them all on first loading. Basically that's what happens - the game checks to see if they are there. If they are, it carries on loading, if they're not, it adds them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#9910 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 10:31 PM
loading order.
when game loads the Downloads folder; is it sub-folders first then files or files first then sub-folders? or is the order by keyboard character regardless of file or folder?
and similar with each level of sub-folder?
Mad Poster
#9911 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 11:57 PM
I find disabling stealth hoods to be risky. If you open up your game accidentally with them enabled or somehow enable them accidentally you can wind up with them being added accidentally when you didn't want them to be. I even ended up with two copies of each in one of mine, which was weird.

It makes sense for creating hoods for download, because that's a very specific set of circumstances you'd probably be extra careful around and make several backups of the hood in various stages.

I see the empty stealth hoods as being like a "vaccination" against populated stealth hoods getting added.

BTW, you don't need empty templates for vacation hoods, uni hoods, downtowns or shopping districts, in order to add custom ones. When you go to add these, you always have the option of adding a totally custom one rather than one of the defaults. It's only the stealth (invisible) hoods; Weather, Magic, Hobbies and Pets, which need disabling in order to avoid the sim bin clones in every hood. Be aware that you probably actually want these subhoods for certain gameplay options; Weather adds the garden club NPCs, Magic adds the secret witch lots, Hobbies add the secret Hobby lots. Pets... I don't know if that adds anything. I think stray spawning is handled by another process. The "empty" versions do allow the special sims/lots to spawn and be accessed but disable the sim bin families.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#9912 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 12:15 PM
I know trashcan rummaging/dumpster diving is a thing in Sims 3 and 4, but I can't figure out if it's possible in The Sims 2. Is it an hidden interaction or do I need a mod?

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Inventor
#9913 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 12:18 PM
It's done autonomously by extremely sloppy sims but if you want to to do it yourself, here you go.
Lab Assistant
#9914 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 12:25 PM
I had the suspect it had to deal with the sloppiness of a sim, but I hoped it was going to be easier to access. Props.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Mad Poster
#9915 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 9:05 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 17th Oct 2017 at 11:09 PM.
I seem to remember being allowed to direct extremely sloppy sims to "salvage" from garbage cans right from day one, back before I ever installed any mods.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9916 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 10:43 PM
Sloppy sims with 0-1 point can rummage through the trash, sometimes finding a small random object that disappears while they gain a small amount of cash.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#9917 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 11:35 PM
What is the invisible GraveMarker, and is it safe to use the stuck object remover on it?

In Patrizio Monty's house (Tarlia's subhood version), there are two urns. The other day I had moved them outside. Today I decided to enlarge the house and the spot inside where they used to sit is now in the courtyard. I tried to build a pool over that spot but couldn't as the game insists there is something there. I saved, then tried the stuck object remover on those tiles. The message came up as "GraveMarker has been burninated!" I exited the lot without saving, and then went back in. The sims can walk through that spot, and objects can be placed on those tiles, but the game still won't allow a pool. The visible gravestones are outside, and still have the options to mourn and move gravestones. If I move the gravestones around outside, I can build pools on those spots.

I have nounlinkedondelete. I have not had ghosts spawn on this lot yet.
Mad Poster
#9918 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 11:51 PM
If I have a CC item in my game (as in, placed on a lot) and then change that object's GUID in SimPE, will the object still be there? Will doing this break anything?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#9919 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 12:03 AM
the item will be whatever the fallback guid was.
Mad Poster
#9920 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 12:09 AM
Ah, thank you. That's good to know.

@stitching, is that the shipped version of the hood, or a cleaned/fixed version?
Forum Resident
#9921 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 1:45 AM Last edited by stitching : 18th Oct 2017 at 2:55 AM.
It's Tarlia's cleaned business district version. I opened up the cleaned regular 'hood version as well and the same thing happened there when I moved the urns.
Mad Poster
#9922 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:20 AM
Is there any functional difference between setting a Sims' gender preference to both genders as 200 rather than a relatively low number?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#9923 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:29 AM
They won't go from bi to straight or gay so easily? I can't see any other use for that.
Scholar
#9924 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:42 AM
Is there anything toddlers can build body skill with?
Mad Poster
#9925 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:59 AM
Someone made a hack for the bouncy rider thing to give body skill but I don't remember where it is.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 397 of 1347