Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 5:26 PM
How to translate the text strings?
Hi, I've been having a problem English is my second language, Spanish being the native one.

My Sims 2 game and my expansions and stuff packs are in Spanish. I downloaded some custom foods from this site, but it got weird... I got 2 separated menu options. For example, I clicked my freezer and the menu pops up as always, but then I saw the options "Serve breakfast" and "Servir desayuno", "Serve dinner" and "Servir cena" and so on... so I get 2 separated menu options: one from the base game in its installation language (Spanish) and other one it's in English and contains the downloaded foods.

I realized this was caused by most custom content not having translations available, which is why I got the same menu options for foods but in 2 different languages. I'm looking for a way to translate the text strings, so my game stops being in "Spanglish", I already asked in SimPE forum and someone replied that it was a matter of text strings, but they didn't remember how to do that. They also recommended me to ask here.

How can I translate those text strings? I don't want to modify the registry entries for The Sims 2 and change the language to English or reinstall everything in English, since I would rather play the game in my native language. Thank you for your help, sorry for any grammar mistakes.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 9:11 AM
I have exactly the same problem
Does someone know the answer to it?