Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1191
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 1057 (Who?), Viewed: 216267 times.
Search this Thread
Old 11th Oct 2017, 9:12 PM #1051
Emerald123
Test Subject

I summoned grim reaper and once pleasantview was so corrupted that entire families disappeared...
Old 12th Oct 2017, 8:25 PM #1052
Sketching
Lab Assistant

Long time lurker here. I decided to come out of the woodwork (after years of stalking) and join the community, mainly to go around and thank the creators whose work I've frequently used. I only recently noticed that clicking thanks while not having an account doesn't actually count and felt awful about it.

I began to play the series starting with the first game at a friend's house. We lived in a rural area without internet and where most houses didn't have computers so seeing an actual computer game that wasn't SkiFree was magic to me. I don't remember much about Sims 1 but we played Sims 2 extensively. Since she wanted Pleasantview and her brother reserved Strangetown for himself, I was left with Veronaville (which has somehow become my favorite premade neighborhood). We didn't know mods and cheats back then so I'm afraid that I didn't have many misadventures with them.

I remember playing the main Capp house first and being scared that these strangers were suddenly barging into the house - an oddly-dressed woman waving around a crystal ball to curse us and another woman who might fine us for a horrible front yard - that I had the whole family leave the house to go to the grocery to run away from these invaders! When they got back, these people were still there so I moved the entire household into the family bin to escape. I didn't realize that you could've just said goodbye to them so I spent months waiting for them to leave on their own and wondering why the burglar alarm refused to send them away even when I left a 1-tile wall outside specifically for said alarm. It was worse when I went to community lots and the gypsy followed the sims everywhere, ringing doorbells on lots where the only doors were on the second floor she didn't visit!

I had (still have, actually) a habit of turning everything off when it wasn't used to save electricity and cut down on the bills and wondered why I couldn't shut off the gas stove. I moved Consort Capp's bed all the way to the kitchen in case a gas leak would result in a fire and he spent the rest of his life sleeping beside the dinner table.

I also made my first "uberhood" when my friend and her brother sent the premades off to the house bin. I thought, hey, more sims with their own houses because my houses were literally squares without roofs and plopped them all down into Veronaville without any regard for the neighborhood layout. I sometimes merged households on a whim or to save space - everybody but Oberon Gossamer, Brandi Broke, Dustin Broke, and Titania Summerdream died (even toddler Beau!) in a fire Oberon created while cooking in the Summerdream house. Still, there were too many sims going around so off to the trash bin the others went.

Later I experienced the most shocking corruption (at the time at least) in the form of Vidcund Curious and Bianca Monty's daughter wanting to woohoo 20 sims when she was a toddler! Well, something was already wrong when she grew up into a toddler acting like a baby but I just thought that she was too young to be doing anything else. She crawled to school when she was a child, kept wanting to kiss wolves and dogs (which I thought was completely innocent and cute at the time), and feared being chased by a bush of all things. I remember thinking that she must have been a nature lover because of all this.

Eventually, my friend moved away and gave me all of her game disks then I discovered the internet. Much stupidity playing around with SimPE and cheats ensued, but I've learned to practice good game hygiene ever since. I'm still not above causing non-corrupting mayhem when I feel like it though.
Old 12th Oct 2017, 10:40 PM #1053
Justpetro
Mad Poster

16 Achievements

Hi, @Sketching

Welcome to the club who once did not know any better and corrupted their hoods My hood simply vanished one day - more than 4 years after I started it. We did have (some) internet back then, but it was really horrible. By the time my hood vanished, it has improved, though, so I started searching for reasons (I still miss that vanished hood) - and ended up here. There are a number of players who learned these things late in their sims "careers."

At least we found out in the end

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Old 13th Oct 2017, 3:25 AM #1054
kamoodle5
Instructor

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
I've made a near-perfect playable Grim a few times, actually. I even went as far as to paste his biography into the right part and have his zodiac set to Cancer and the aspiration as Power. Way more work than it was worth, but it's fun.

Sorry if my response is several months after this, but lately I've been watching a video of all 20 deaths available in Sims 2. During the video there were ghosts that actually performed some normal activities, and there was a playable Grim within the family. He even tried to leap onto a ghost's arms and fell hard on his butt instead.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Old 13th Oct 2017, 6:52 AM #1055
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
Later I experienced the most shocking corruption (at the time at least) in the form of Vidcund Curious and Bianca Monty's daughter wanting to woohoo 20 sims when she was a toddler! Well, something was already wrong when she grew up into a toddler acting like a baby but I just thought that she was too young to be doing anything else. She crawled to school when she was a child, kept wanting to kiss wolves and dogs (which I thought was completely innocent and cute at the time), and feared being chased by a bush of all things. I remember thinking that she must have been a nature lover because of all this.

Oh dear.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Old 13th Oct 2017, 12:35 PM #1056
Sketching
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
Hi, @Sketching

Welcome to the club who once did not know any better and corrupted their hoods My hood simply vanished one day - more than 4 years after I started it. We did have (some) internet back then, but it was really horrible. By the time my hood vanished, it has improved, though, so I started searching for reasons (I still miss that vanished hood) - and ended up here. There are a number of players who learned these things late in their sims "careers."

At least we found out in the end

Hi, Justpetro and @ihatemandatoryregister! I wish that Veronaville wasn't lost to a faulty floppy disk too, but it was already unplayable at that point - some of the households went missing and others crashed if you tried to open them. It was a fun mental workout to create stories that made sense with all of the corruption and glitches it endured, like Angela Pleasant and Juliette Capp swimming in ponds and the duplicate Tricous. I managed to recreate some of the events without corruption but there's something special about random events at times.
Old 14th Oct 2017, 10:52 PM #1057
Shadow214
Test Subject

When I about seven I got upset from watching the hot tub woohoo cutscene because I thought the couple where trying to drown each other.
Old 15th Oct 2017, 8:29 AM #1058
pannisim
Lab Assistant

I was about 7/8 years old when I had played Sims for the first time. I didn't know of any cheats, so my game was pretty Vanilla. My first family was a couple with twin toddlers. Yes, there were loads of dirty diapers and stinky bottles, but the SW wasn't displeased and the children were safe. My biggest boo boo was putting occupied houses in the bin and moving people around. I used to do that a LOT. Admittedly, my sims were pretty clever, and saved themselves. I didn't have any deaths, even if there were plenty of visits from the social bunny. I'm 19 now, and my simming experience has only gotten better with time.

Section jump: