Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 11:23 PM
Default Parking lot idea - allowing Sims to rent a parking space
I have this idea to allow a Sim to rent a parking space. I know how to deal with the money/rent transactions, but I'm not sure I know how to deal with the actual leaving of the car at a public space thing. I want the following to occur:

- Sim chooses to rent a parking space in a public parking lot
- The car is seen as being "parked" there and rent is charged accordingly
- Whenever the Sim goes out, I'd like them to first route to the parking lot, either by walking/jogging or biking, etc., then get in the car and drive to the destination

I don't know what to do about the routing part - and also what to do with the car and/or it going into their inventory.

I think this would add a lot of realism to the game.

Anyone have any suggestions about how to start?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 11:32 AM
This is a very cool idea!! You should also ask about it in the Nraas chatterbox, Chain_Reaction is an absolute genius!!
I'm not that skilled, very new at scripting. I used actor.routetoface(target) to route towards each other in an interaction. You should also look at the go here interaction for the routing codes and the goinside interaction.
I think you'll have to figure out how the C# script recognizes the parking lot and then make the actor route there using the routing function.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
This is a very cool idea!! You should also ask about it in the Nraas chatterbox, Chain_Reaction is an absolute genius!!
I'm not that skilled, very new at scripting. I used actor.routetoface(target) to route towards each other in an interaction. You should also look at the go here interaction for the routing codes and the goinside interaction.
I think you'll have to figure out how the C# script recognizes the parking lot and then make the actor route there using the routing function.

I did post there! I'm thinking about storing the lot ID of the parking lot/space in a list, and then using that to have the Sim route there ... I'll look at GoHere now but I have a feeling it might be more difficult than I think it is (modding always is the case!) and hopefully doesn't involve having to rewrite/add parts of GoHere!
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 4:16 AM
I haven't coded for a really long time but I remember there's a simple routing script that routes the sim towards an object, at a distance with the object (with a given radius). Check out my Petrol Mod, I used this technique to route the Sim to the car to "refill" the fuel
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
I haven't coded for a really long time but I remember there's a simple routing script that routes the sim towards an object, at a distance with the object (with a given radius). Check out my Petrol Mod, I used this technique to route the Sim to the car to "refill" the fuel

Ohh interesting!