Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 9:02 PM
Default Scalp as an accessory?
I would like to create a scalp as an accessory to fill in the gaps between hairs and some hairlines i created. I know it can be done because I found this in my blush section. No idea where it came from and it works great its just non-recolorable. Any help?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 12:02 AM
On hair files you already have the option to texture the scalp?
Why add a 2nd scalp?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 1:50 AM
Im not making a hair, I've made hairlines already but there is a gap between them and regular hairs. I found this in CAS and it fills the gap, I just don't know where it came from
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 11:21 AM
You basicly have to clone a accesoire were you replace the mesh with the scalp.
In order to make the scalp move along with the head itself(when using the sliders) you must not update its vertex data when importing the mesh.
I tried it myself and included the file.
The textures are linked to a toddler hair(didn't want to include textures)
Since hair does use a diffrent texture setup this file looks pretty strange ingame but once you updated mask and multiplier all will be fine.
Has 4 castable channels.
I scaled the scalp a tiny bit bigger to avoid glitches.
The file is set as glasses, you can pick another appearance as long as it stays categorized as accesoire!
You can NOT recat it as a facemask, mole, blush or any other face overlay!!!

To make things perfect you also have to enable it for transparancy, otherwise the whole scalp keeps his solid shape.
by enabling transparancy you can cut away parts of the scalp you dont want to be visible by blacking out the areas on the alpha channel of the multiplier.
To enable it for transparancy you need to follow this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447671
You can do this directly in tsrw under project contents with S3PE and the plugin for s3PE.
Unfortunate tsrw will throw you a error after reopening a WRK file with these settings(or clone a file that has them) so you have to do this at the very end(reason i didn't enable it)
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  scalp.7z (39.3 KB, 1436 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 7:30 PM
Thanks so much, is it alright if I upload it to my tumblr where I posted the original hairlines? I would give you full credit of course
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 7:35 PM
sure, go ahead
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
You basicly have to clone a accesoire were you replace the mesh with the scalp.
In order to make the scalp move along with the head itself(when using the sliders) you must not update its vertex data when importing the mesh.
I tried it myself and included the file.
The textures are linked to a toddler hair(didn't want to include textures)
Since hair does use a diffrent texture setup this file looks pretty strange ingame but once you updated mask and multiplier all will be fine.
Has 4 castable channels.
I scaled the scalp a tiny bit bigger to avoid glitches.
The file is set as glasses, you can pick another appearance as long as it stays categorized as accesoire!
You can NOT recat it as a facemask, mole, blush or any other face overlay!!!

To make things perfect you also have to enable it for transparancy, otherwise the whole scalp keeps his solid shape.
by enabling transparancy you can cut away parts of the scalp you dont want to be visible by blacking out the areas on the alpha channel of the multiplier.
To enable it for transparancy you need to follow this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447671
You can do this directly in tsrw under project contents with S3PE and the plugin for s3PE.
Unfortunate tsrw will throw you a error after reopening a WRK file with these settings(or clone a file that has them) so you have to do this at the very end(reason i didn't enable it)

can you help me with this?? this is what shows up in my game??? the scalp should be blonde... but it looks like grey and black
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 2:01 PM
First of all, I wouldn't post a post in a dead thread.

Second, Like bloom mentioned in his post, did you used a alpha channel? If so, just for the multiplier or both the multiplier and specular map? I'm also wondering if you made the scalp transparent and if you created it in TSRW or CTU or just replaced the textures from Bloombase's original file. ^-^