Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 10:05 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 10:28 PM.
Default Career Racing
Simunnism: growing up in Soviet simville
as the title suggests, this challenge is about a group of sims living in a totalitarian regime. I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO LIKE COMMUNISM.
Rules

• 6 sims with all aspirations (grilled cheese included)
    each sim MUST join the political or military job chain
    each sim must have the exact same amount of Money and things (if not use family funds)
    play in a rotation (7 sim days, then next)
    first one to the top of the political chain or military chain wins
    no vehicles
    no extra locations
    only 2 children if over, must give one up to social worker, except alien children
    being abducted by aliens is a BONUS, however, no other supernaturals
    if an original sim dies, you must replace him with a new one.
    3 men, 3 women
    must marry townie
    2 meals only
other questions should be posted

in Soviet Russia, the sims mod YOU.
Oh, I went there.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 10:19 PM
People with Nightlife installed have access to 7 aspirations: Family, Fortune, Knowledge, Pleasure, Popularity, Romance, and Grilled Cheese. However, Grilled Cheese is only accessible through a bad encounter with a reward object (or as as secondary aspiration, if you have FT).

So my questions are:
1) Should Nightlife players start with 7 Sims (one for each aspiration)?
2) Is there a cheat or hack that makes Grilled Cheese selectable as a primary aspiration for CAS-created Sims?
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
So my questions are:
1) Should Nightlife players start with 7 Sims (one for each aspiration)?
2) Is there a cheat or hack that makes Grilled Cheese selectable as a primary aspiration for CAS-created Sims?

For number 2, I'm pretty sure InSim's aspiration chooser allows you to choose Grilled Cheese as an aspiration. I'm pretty sure (but not 100% sure) that when I wanted to see what that aspiration was like, that's how I made the Sim have that aspiration.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 2:09 AM
nightlife players will have 7 sims. other than changing the aspiration to grilled cheese, no hakcs/mods.

in Soviet Russia, the sims mod YOU.
Oh, I went there.
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 10:59 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 5:06 PM.
Political Campaign Challenge: The Race to Become Mayor Begins
In an effort to fuel my interest, I have come up with a challenge that is fun, and interesting. EPs needed: Uni, BV definitely. (let me know if another is needed please)

If you don't like University for whatever reason then you can make an Adult Sim, and start that way.

Political Campaign Challenge:

The neighborhood has been on the verge of ruins for the last ten years. Crime has soared, and no one seems to care. Everywhere you go, someone is either fighting, stealing, or destroying the town that was once prosperous and loved. The current Mayor has eloped with his/her lover with all the donated funds from innocent elderly Sims that voted him/her in. After reading/or seeing all of this on the news, two very strong minded Sims decide that something needs to be done, and since no one else seems to be doing it then they will.

Step 1: Create 2 University Students: (gender doesn't matter) You can do whatever you want with them except the Nice/Grouchy points. 1 Sim is very nice 8+ and the other Sim is not so nice 3, 2, 1, 0. Both should be popularity Sims, the second aspiration is up to you. I suggest Wealth or Knowledge, but if you want them to 'sleep' their way to the top that's fine with me. Sounds kind of fun actually.

Step 2: Put them in a dorm together, and try not to let their relationship go above 50. They are after all future running mates. If you want them to hate each other, even better!

Step 3: Naturally without any cheats become friends with as many Uni students as possible, Professors are even better. Also try and come up with at least 15k a piece before Senior Year.

Step 4: Before Senior Year starts your Sims look in the newspaper or on the TV and realizes how bad things have gotten on the otherside of the pond. (where is your choice) and your sims decide to try and help. This is where creative imagining comes in handy. Make a custom Vacation Hood make it as horrible as possible. Kind of like apocalyptic bad. Your objective on this 'vacation' is to make friends with at least 3-5, and spend as much of your money as you can while there. A personal investment is always the best way to gain popularity.

Step 5: Upon returning and graduating, you move back to the hood and start your campaign. If you want them in the same house/apartment so it's easier to work with both of them that's fine, but you need to adjust the free 20k handout because that makes the challenge way too easy. If I were you I'd set them both at 5k-10k a piece using Familyfunds.

::: If you started out as an Adult then I suggest that Adult Sim make friends with as many Adults/Elders in the hood as possible.

Step 6: They are to get a job in Politics, and begin the journey to Mayor. Do not skip any chance cards because this is a race to the top, and it needs to be done fairly.

It's your choice whether to marry and have children or not, but it does give you brownie points.

Step 7: The Sim who reaches Mayor first doesn't always win. Remember the friends you made in Uni? And the friends you made in that third world country? They count toward who truly gets to be Mayor. So does having a successful home and family.

Point System for your Sims: This point system is to decide which Sim becomes Mayor.

+10 to the First Sim who makes it to Mayor
+5 to the Second Sim that makes it to Mayor
+1 for every Uni vote/friend/Professor made
+5 for every third world friend/vote
+5 for the most funds/nicest home
+5 for a successful marriage to a Sim who has over 20k in funds to add to your household. (no asking how much they have either!)
+5 for every child your conceive. (this makes the maternity leave much more successful, knowing what's important in life.)

The Sim who has the most becomes the official Mayor, and the one who is lost must quit and become The Law instead.

Cheats Allowed:

Inteenimator is allowed. If you want males to conceive and what not. It doesn't matter to me.
Gender doesn't matter.
Moveobjects on: is always allowed it's a staple in the Sim world these days.
SimBlender is fine so long as you don't add money.
Maxmotives is allowed to be used ONCE per semester, ONCE during their third world tour, and ONCE every promotion. Using this too much makes it way too easy.
Career Reward Objects: If you earned it then you should be able to use it. I don't see any harm in it. =)

Simply put: Use common sense when using cheats.

Most importantly have fun!

If anything is missing or you think something needs added let me know.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 10:26 PM
For the Third World Vacation, how long should it be?

Also, Once the sims are adults, can they ever go back to the third world country to make more friends?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 7:48 AM
Do I still get the 5 points for the child my sim conceives if I use inteen to miscarry/abort it?
Instructor
#8 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 6:55 PM
I would think that the abort would be a no, but if you want the sim to have a miscarry then yes, but if its an intentional abort, I'd think not. The Third World Vacation can be as long as you want. (Sorry its taken so long, I only got my net back two days ago)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 9:23 PM
I shall try this :D

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Instructor
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 9:11 AM
I need to restart mine, after my computer wipe, Esmeralda and Bethany were gone =/ pity too I really really liked them.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 10:13 AM
Aw, too bad. Guess you shall have to make some simmies you like MORE.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead