Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2009 at 3:18 PM
Default Lady GaGa
Sooo, who here likes Lady GaGa?

I have kown about her for just over a year and have been hooked by her music ever since. She seems like such a creative artist and all of her music is so happy sounding and makes you fell good when you listen to it.

Also how shocking is it that there is a new female singer that can actually sing live unlike *cough* britney *cough*

So, whyd you like her?
Howd you find out about her?
Seen her live and what was it like?

And so on
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th May 2009 at 3:49 PM
I'll admit, the first time I heard about her and her songs, I didn't like her so much. But then, I grew to like her songs--and the fact that she sings better live than other celebs. *coughbritneycough*

And yeah, her weird fashion sense.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th May 2009 at 4:00 PM
loveloveloveeee me some Gaga.
She is my new favorite celebrity.
I almost got to see her live twice.
D:
I love her live shows.
She seems like just a down to earth celebrity and true.
"If I am not me, then who the fuck am I?" - Lady Gaga
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th May 2009 at 9:01 PM
You know it's funny you all talk about her talent and then do the backhand comparison to Britney. Because I don't see the wide range of difference. The first few times I saw Gaga I thought she WAS Britney. What I couldn't decide was whether that umbrella with bangs hairstyle was because Brit had suffered a falling out with her stylist or just gotten a misguided wig.

It was several weeks of channel surfing before I saw the end of Gaga's video and realized she was a different person. I've pretty much separated her from Britney in my mind now. But at times I still trip in my mind looking for her actual stage name. Can't remember if I've heard a full song by her yet. So I prefer not to render a judgment on talent or lack thereof. But this about her being miles and miles more talented than Britney may be a tough idea to swallow.
#5 Old 11th May 2009 at 8:42 PM
lovelovelove Lady GG :]
She is thee best.
I'm obsessed with p-p-pokerfaceee :3
Aren't we all?
Lol. I just love her taste in words & style.
#6 Old 12th May 2009 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cappyboy
You know it's funny you all talk about her talent and then do the backhand comparison to Britney. Because I don't see the wide range of difference. The first few times I saw Gaga I thought she WAS Britney. What I couldn't decide was whether that umbrella with bangs hairstyle was because Brit had suffered a falling out with her stylist or just gotten a misguided wig.

It was several weeks of channel surfing before I saw the end of Gaga's video and realized she was a different person. I've pretty much separated her from Britney in my mind now. But at times I still trip in my mind looking for her actual stage name. Can't remember if I've heard a full song by her yet. So I prefer not to render a judgment on talent or lack thereof. But this about her being miles and miles more talented than Britney may be a tough idea to swallow.

Are you mad?? Lady Gaga looks nothing like Britney!

I am lovin the gaga at the moment...she is so quirky!

As said above, her live performances are awesome..ive need heard/seen anyone hold a note straight whilst dancing.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th May 2009 at 3:58 AM
Ugh, I don't like her songs, it rely too much on voice-altering technology, or maybe I just don't like such pop music(including Britney Spears recent songs), I prefer Lily Allen and Katy Perry for pop
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th May 2009 at 4:33 AM
She's a man apparently. No offence but everytime I hear her or see her I want to puke. Apparently she sucks live and she always sounds out of breath live.
And who humps blow-up whales in their music videos? Obviously HE can't get any so HE's moved on. Lovely.

And her "talent" isn't real. When she "dances" it looks like someone put a mouse in her really tight slutty clothes. When she "sings" she just sings with her usual voice and they go over it with voice-altering things to make her sound good.

I'm sorry but I can't stand her. And I can't wait for the day everyone forgets about this one hit wonder.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th May 2009 at 2:04 PM
I only know Poker Face and Just dance. I hate her, her style, her music.
I just can't take who sings about their 'muffin' seriously.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 13th May 2009 at 2:30 PM
I don't like her, sorry. I've seen interviews of her and she seems really pretentious and stuck-up (i.e., bringing on a little teacup and saucer with no tea in it just so she can hold it and stick out her little finger... umm, ok...) and her music just isn't what I like to listen to. *shrugs*
#11 Old 13th May 2009 at 5:45 PM
I don't usually like pop music, but her songs are very catchy. I can't help but to listen to them! She is pretty talented in that respect.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th May 2009 at 5:56 PM
Yeah, I agree with Gemmareno, she does seem stuck-up. I don't think she understands that people were laughing AT her, not with her, when she brought the tea-cup on the Jonothan Ross show. And she says she would 'rather die for music than anything else' or something. That does seem stuck-up to me.
But in all due respect, I do like some of her music, even if the lyrics are .. odd.

LJ♥
Call me Lily :).
I'm beginning to upload some of my sims online..please go check them out here :).
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 14th May 2009 at 1:05 PM
Just a thought, but Katy Perry just seems like a clone to Lady Gaga. Or is it the reverse?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 17th May 2009 at 3:46 AM
Dunno, but One of the Boys is an excellent song, it describes my cousin perfectly, but Hot N Cold sounds very familiar, is it an old song? Or just some kind of deja vu... and Lily Allen sounds kinda like an ornery b**** isn't it? But F*** You is simply the best song from her new album, the problem wth an album is not every song appeal to us

I don't like Lady Gaga's sense of fashion too, it's unnecessarily inconvenient or revealing(she designed her own costumes), she also wears too much makeup, I read in a magazine that she's planning on designing a clothing line for men, women, and in-betweens(I prefer not to think what the men's clothes would look like), she tries too hard to be different
Field Researcher
#15 Old 17th May 2009 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Brad2006
Dunno, but One of the Boys is an excellent song, it describes my cousin perfectly, but Hot N Cold sounds very familiar, is it an old song? Or just some kind of deja vu... and Lily Allen sounds kinda like an ornery b**** isn't it? But F*** You is simply the best song from her new album, the problem wth an album is not every song appeal to us

I don't like Lady Gaga's sense of fashion too, it's unnecessarily inconvenient or revealing(she designed her own costumes), she also wears too much makeup, I read in a magazine that she's planning on designing a clothing line for men, women, and in-betweens(I prefer not to think what the men's clothes would look like), she tries too hard to be different

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHH! A Lady GagGag clothing line? Jesus. "Haay! Who wants to dress like a slutty, stuck-up cow?!"
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th May 2009 at 9:46 AM
Even though I don't usually listen to current Pop, I find Lady Gaga's songs very catchy and addictive. I go through stages where I play the songs on repeat, just to tire them out so I can get over it and move on.

In terms of her style, I'm not about to go out and wear all the clothes she wears, but they kind of intruige me. She apparently wears those bold colours (and without pants) so her grandmother who is almost completely blind can distinguish her from the other people in the film clips when she performs.

Hm, some of her video clips are very provocative, but I suppose that's her style and what she wants. She is the artist afterall, and it's what she wants to go with her song. I wouldn't call all of her outfits "slutty", just a bit...unique and quirky. Personally I think she has a great individual sense of style, and I respect her for her individuality.

Plus, Lady Gaga has the honour of having the most heard lyric in my school! "Let's have some fun, this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick," can be heard all through the corridors between classes from people singing, or just saying it as a joke to friends.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 17th May 2009 at 11:06 AM
I love her. Her music's great, and I love her creativity. She may not dress the best, but she's an individual and I admire her for that.

Her acoustic version of Pokerface live was amazing, she does actually have a good voice.
Instructor
#18 Old 20th May 2009 at 11:43 AM
She strikes me as a poseur with mediocre voice who tries to be unique so hard it's ridiculous.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th May 2009 at 11:56 AM
Lady GaGa has issues. All of her songs are pretty obviously about sex, and she's said some pretty stupid things on the past. She's just a fad singer, like Britney and the Spice Girls were.
Instructor
#20 Old 21st May 2009 at 7:57 PM
She surprised me with her looks - when I first "Poker Face" I expected someone like Amy Winehouse ^^; I like "Just Dance"... but Poker Face didn't go in the direction I thought she was taking it. Haven't heard anything else.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st May 2009 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cappyboy
The first few times I saw Gaga I thought she WAS Britney.

More like Cristina Aguilera,they're practically the same person! Same hair,same make up same music even the same voice.

I don't care much about Lady Gaga but I do have to admire (just a little) the fact that she can sing a bit better than other pop stars. Overall her music is not my cup of tea.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 22nd May 2009 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mishibob
More like Cristina Aguilera,they're practically the same person! Same hair,same make up same music even the same voice.

I don't care much about Lady Gaga but I do have to admire (just a little) the fact that she can sing a bit better than other pop stars. Overall her music is not my cup of tea.

I went to Britney because the hairstyle struck me as something she'd try to carry off. But you're right. Christina's also had a penchant for inadvisable dos at times. And what you're saying about Gaga's voice seems to extend the comparison nicely. I've long thought Aguilera was the best talent and strongest voice of the "pop tart" class of princesses. Maybe if Christina were more visbile these days, I might have made the same connection myself. Just have had the better frame of reference for Britney so my mind went there.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 22nd May 2009 at 3:55 PM
I really like Lady GaGa, her songs are very upbeat and always put me in a fun bubbly mood ;P
Her style is a bit strange, though.
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd May 2009 at 3:42 AM
I like Lady GaGa myself, but I don't think she sounds great live...but I only saw her perform live on an episode of American Idol...even the amateurs sounded better than her to me...wow! You might as well compare her music to all artists like Britney, Pussycat Dolls, and such....they rely on technology to make them sound decent. As for her fashion sense, just like the others again. They dress too little, and yet too flashy! It is all a show with them. I'm not insulting them, as again I said I like them. I listen to them on a daily basis! I just wouldn't see ANY of those artists live...I've seen enough on TV to know NOT to buy the tickets.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 23rd May 2009 at 11:12 AM
Tiger Lily summed it all up
Her songs are awesome, yes, but not because she can sing well.

Also I think she looks a lot like a guy. Tranny anyone?
Locked thread
Page 1 of 5