Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 5:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Really badly need to get past the load game error and recover my saved game
Today I've been struggling frantically to get my saved game to start up. But it keeps giving me the load game error message. Up until now, I would only occasionally get this message. And when I did, it was just a simple matter of restarting my computer. Or restarting the application.

Not today however. It won't go away, and won't let my saved game load no matter what I do. But I have to make sure that I can recover my data somehow. I can't afford to lose it.

I've tried these methods http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...or_Has_Occurred but nothing has worked. I tried downloading and installing Unlocker. But when I right clicked on the folder, Unlocker doesn't appear on the list of options, so I can't unlock anything. The game is not currently marked as Read Only.

I tried this method as well. https://mattterrabyte.wordpress.com...recovery-guide/ But it didn't help either. Though that might have been because I didn't use Moonlight Falls as the main neighbourhood when creating a temporary game to test on.

Before anyone suggests this. I DON'T have a backup of my saved game. So I cannot use it to recover my saved game. I really am at a loss as to what I'm expected to do. The only thing I do know is that I cannot afford to lose this data.

It might not have been too bad if I could just extract the data. Like I know with SimPE it is possible to extract the appearances of your Sims. But I don't know any way of doing this with Sim3PE.

I have downloaded FPS Limiter and 3booter but I haven't used either of them yet, which is partly because I'm feeling really defeated at this point.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 11:42 PM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 9th Feb 2019 at 12:57 AM.
I tried. But it doesn't seem to have done anything. Assuming I did it right. It doesn't seem to have cleaned up anything that wasn't cleaned up already.

Even if my saved game doesn't make a full recovery, it really would be nice if I was able to extract my playable Sim's household along with the occupants. Along with the other houses with their occupants, and the cemetery. Since those are the things that I need the most. And a few other things if I'm able to.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 1:26 AM
Too bad I don't know anyone in person that would know of possible ways to fix this problem. Then I would be able to get them to help.

I do remember my game taking a while to save the last time. And I saved it to ensure that I didn't lose any work that I had done that day. I do remember experiencing issues with buy/build mode when editing other Sim's houses. Since for some reason I found myself unable to pick up any of the objects. As the game assumed that I was trying to edit the walls and floors, which I wasn't.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 1:45 AM
No I didn't keep the backup, as I'm used to the game either saving successfully. Or the game throwing an Error 12. I checked the NHD file and it isn't lower than what it should be. I suppose I could give what you've just suggested a go.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 1:52 AM
Oh, would I have to have my Sim travel to a new copy of Moonlight Falls, travel back to the other town. Save the game. Then replace the new copy of Moonlight Falls with the old copy?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 2:09 AM
That didn't help. Though I still haven't tried the "last resort" suggestion that you gave.

I used to have CAW but I deinstalled it because it wasn't relevant to my cause at the time. But I could try reinstalling it.

What you said about S3PE sounds good. I mean, that's what I've been wanting to do ever since I realised there may be a situation where my saved game won't make a full recovery. But it is way beyond my knowledge. And the only way imaginable that would work would be giving someone else my saved data so that they could tamper with the copy and see whether they could get it to work. But I'm not sure of any sites that would allow users to upload that kind of data since it would mean uploading data that uses up a lot of MB.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 2:41 AM
I'm downloading it now. But I'm not sure what I'll need to do once I've finished downloading and installing it. Since I don't know how to use CAW.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 8:52 AM
Okay. I'm still feeling rather ticked off. Especially given that I only had 3 more videos left that I wanted to record. Which makes it a real bummer that this had to happen. One of them shouldn't be too difficult because it will need to be done in a different world anyway. Another of them just needs to take place inside the property of my current saved family, and it won't matter if it's not in the same world because it will need to take place underground. Only the third one will need to be done as if nothing happened.