Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 9:42 PM
Default WCIF - way to make a TV stay on and on one channel
I have almost no TVs in my hoods, so I'm ok with a global mod or messing with the sound files for TV if it comes to that. I just want the Soma Wall TV or one like it to stay on all the time on the sports channel for a sports bar. I've tried tweaking a few things myself, but nothing successfully. Has anyone solved this?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 9:50 PM
I use a mod that stops sims changing TV channels. I use it mostly for school so I can keep the cooking channel on, but it should work for any chanel you want left on. Called noautonomousTVChannelChanging. All I know is the readme says 'This is non-awesome' so I am guessing it's from MATY but by somebody other than Pescado.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 9:57 PM
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 12:55 AM
It seems like I tried that but I will try again. I may have done something different. Does it stick on a community lot - like if an owner sets it then sells...? Well, I'll see, I guess. Thanks.
Theorist
#5 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 2:20 AM
That might be the mod I use. My sims rarely had a tv because it ran all the time and no one even watched it.There was always a sim turning it on or off, changing the channels or just lounging around. Now you can choose a sim to turn it on or off, set a channel and have it stay. Same with the stereo, I would have a sim turn it on, then they just shut it off right away. It was like a contest to see who would win out in the end. (:

I think saving with the tv on makes it stay once you close shop, go home and sell the business.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
That might be the mod I use. My sims rarely had a tv because it ran all the time and no one even watched it.There was always a sim turning it on or off, changing the channels or just lounging around. Now you can choose a sim to turn it on or off, set a channel and have it stay. Same with the stereo, I would have a sim turn it on, then they just shut it off right away. It was like a contest to see who would win out in the end. (:

I think saving with the tv on makes it stay once you close shop, go home and sell the business.

Yeah, I almost never give them a TV because it usually just annoys me, but I just want this sports bar to have one on. I'm still working on it. Both with the mod and without, sometimes some sims don't seem to have the option to change the channel at all, and I'm still trying to figure out what that's about while I'm fiddling with it. Do you have one that stays on?
Theorist
#7 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 11:06 PM
Haven't played in awhile, in snail motion trying to clean out downloads and get frustrated with it and Origin was always changing my password due to 'suspicous activity'. I think I only actually had a tv at Uni that worked pretty good with a non-autonomous mod.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#8 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 3:42 AM
If you have Freetime or above then:
CJH_Cinema.zip (15.7kb) Freetime or higher required.
There’s two files in it, the one you want is CJH_CinemaTool.package. If A&N is running it will activate the TV lock on all TVs to the sports channel. If A&N is not running it will re-categorize the sports channel to a TV Movie, tune any TVs on the lot to that channel, switch them on and set them as 50 sims are already watching. That way sims can’t change channel when a movie is playing, and they don’t take or pass control or autonomously turn off a TV if they think several other sims are already watching.
Contains no overrides so it’ll only affect the lot it’s on and should play nicely with other mods. It uses the mesh from the basegame ceiling mounted airplane sculpture and is in the same place, same price in the community lot catalogue. Not available and don’t use on liveable lots as there’s no undo for changing the sports channel’s category.

The other optional file, CJH_CinemaScreen.package is the moderate cinema screen extracted from A&N which requires Apartment Life or higher. It’s a three tile wide, full wall height, wall mounted screen. Its default height is about half way up the wall so it sticks up above the wall which requires a two story wall, but it is AL height adjustable which will ‘snap’ its height down to fit the wall so it works nicely on a single story wall. It hides when the walls are down so as not to get in the way for normal game play.
Find in with the TVs in the catalogue for 18,000 simoleons
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
If you have Freetime or above then:
CJH_Cinema.zip (15.7kb) Freetime or higher required.
There’s two files in it, the one you want is CJH_CinemaTool.package. If A&N is running it will activate the TV lock on all TVs to the sports channel.

@Chris, thank you! Is there any way I could make it do this without A&N?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 3:37 AM
The one he linked you to is the non A&N version.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 6:08 PM
@Chris Hatch: That is awesome. Thanks for sharing!