Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 3:43 PM Last edited by Nyn : 19th Jan 2010 at 5:17 PM. Reason: adding something
Default Placing community lots correctly
Hi!

After lots of experimenting, I'm still having lots of problems placing my community lots correctly.

I would like to place the Sunset Valley community lots in my new world.

I know I have to make the new lot space the same size as the community lot, although I haven't figured out how to do this easily. I just draw the lot and then check the size, as I can't figure out how to see the size of the lot as you are drawing it.

I made a 64x64 lot and placed a copy of the hospital from Sunset Valley there. The thing that I don't understand is: why does the building sit so far from the road? it doesn't sit flush with the road as it does in the real Pleasant View.

Does anyone know why this is and how I can fix it? or what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks!!!

edit: I've just realized that the hospital only needs a 30x40 lot, but even if I make the lot exactly the right size, it doesn't sit flush with the road.

Edit again: Ok, I have now seen that it will sit flush with the road if you make the lot the exact size. But is there an easier way of making a lot the size you want rather than having to guess 10 times before getting it right?
Screenshots

~ Nyn ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 9:14 PM
Thank you sleepalldaypartyallnight!

the only problem is that I don't seem to have that bar at bottom of my page... which is a bit weird! I'm sure there is a really dumb reason why it's not there..will try to figure that out!

~ Nyn ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 9:16 PM
DUH!!! my page wasn't opened to full screen. told you it would be a dumb reason! lol.. thanks for the help

~ Nyn ~
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 4:14 PM
Before CaW I completely rearranged Sunset Valley. You can put the EA rabbit holes (ie. the hospital, etc.) on any size lot as long (as it's not too small). Then you go into "Edit in Game" mode and grab the rabbit hole and move it anywhere and any direction on the lot you want (sometimes it's a little finicky and you have to use "move objects on" but I haven't had any problems with my Sims going to these custom lots.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 5:44 PM
Thanks for the tip

~ Nyn ~
Banned
#6 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 6:13 PM
Also note that when placing roads, ALWAYS turn on the grid for flat stretches of roads. THe green icon at the top with the lines going up/down and across it. That forces the roads to snap, so you can ensure they're straight. THen you can place lots with the grid, too, which ensures they will be right at the edge of the road.