Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 3:21 AM
Default Sims 4 Detroit: Become Human Challenge??
I was searching through the Sims 4 Challenges sub-forum, and I was really surprised to find no-one had made a challenge based off of DBH. I really like the game myself, and I'm sure some other MTS users can say the same. I've been wanting to make a DBH challenge, but I'm not the most creative and I have no clue where to start honestly. If anyone has any suggestions or other info about a DBH challenge, please do reply!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 1:03 AM
I have most of the DBH characters in one save, but do not follow challenge rules with them. Also it's a strictly no-kill save where the worst that can happen to a character is re-enslavement and getting experimented on.

- The Williams Household uses Play-by-whim gameplay for Todd (if you - unlike me - like free will you can also make him free willed). Ultimately I want Kara to end up with Connor, but not yet.

- Ralph and Rupert were stuck in Granite Falls for some time as the border guards let them OUT of the US, but not INTO Canada. They needed to master the Outdoors Enthusiast Aspiration all the while trying not to run into line of sight of ranger. I think this is a good start for any deviant character anywhere: Let them squat somewhere, avoid lights, noise and so on and especially being seen. Seed the world with police/military sims that need to be battled if they see you whereas normal sims can also be befriended.

The line of sight rule is more brutal than it sounds, by the way. The sims have such a strange idea of routing, especially in parks near concrete pathes!

- Hank bought obsolete Connor and the two of them had to work hard to re-buy Hank's house while living in a tiny apartment. I set the price for an android to 25,000 simoleons aka the sum of their bonus traits that I cheat on them (The one that negates hunger and sleep, the one that lowers (not negates) hygiene and steel bladder. I also marked them for no change of bodyshape, for ageless and for no children).
Depending on what ending you want to base your save on androids might be allowed to buy themselves free by paying back those 25,000 plus the cost of their starter lot. In my save Urban Farms company allows buying free at which point they'll offer a work contract.

- If you start with normal androids, you could rule that they deviate when they hit the "VERY" flavour of any emotion, positive or negative.

- Maybe combine some of the usual objectives? Master career x (police, politics, or even acting for Jerrys), Master Aspiration y (Public Enemy, Friend of the World, Leader or the Pack). The twist: You play three households and restrict yourself to the same time in each. The one who meets their objectives first, wins. So you could pit a pacifist deviant faction against an aggressive one and a team of the FBI.
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 9:47 PM
I've started working on something, but I'm not much of a rules follower, so this may be too lax for others. Here's the draft for the prologue, feel free to adapt and expand. I consider this just brainstorming, not fit for the actual challenge section yet.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 12:42 PM Last edited by thenightfall2509 : 1st Feb 2019 at 12:57 PM.
Thank you so much for this! This challenge looks amazing so far, and the methods of how a sim is supposed to become deviant makes so much more sense than what I was thinking. I might add to this challenge to go into being deviant even more, like making more androids and turning them deviant or even leading a revolution.
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 11:46 PM
Hi! Glad you like it. I hadn't much time this week to think of more.

When you say turning more androids into deviants, do you mean the main character should do that? Like, influencing the other sim's emotions in any way possible until they deviate? That hadn't occured to me, but it sounds great! So the next step would be establishing a hideout and meeting/deviating more androids.