Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 11:46 AM
modthesims links redirect me to Google?
Hello, I really wasn't sure where to post this since it's a problem with this site and not with any of the games, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place. Anyway, for a while now I've had this problem where a lot of, or all links to MTS just redirect me to Google, so I can't download anything. The only way for me to actually get to the site is to go to modthesims.info myself, if I click a link from someone else I just come to the Google search page. And even if I go to the site myself, all download links also redirect me to the Google search page. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? For a while I thought something was going on with the site and everyone was experiencing this, but clearly that doesn't seem to be the case as I haven't seen anyone else say anything about it. Help would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 11:54 AM
That's weird. The site works fine (for me, at least), and I haven't seen the issue with MTS links elsewhere.
Which browser are you using, and do you have an example of a link/site that redirects to Google?
Theorist
#3 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 12:01 PM
@Tashiketh

Cecilia, if you have further site problems, you can report them here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
That's weird. The site works fine (for me, at least), and I haven't seen the issue with MTS links elsewhere.
Which browser are you using, and do you have an example of a link/site that redirects to Google?

I use Google Chrome, but I tried other browsers and I have the same problem, so that's really weird. An example is literally any download link, but for a more specific example I'll use the mod I'm trying to download right now: More Columns in CAS by weerbesu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
@Tashiketh

Cecilia, if you have further site problems, you can report them here

Oh, I see! Thanks!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:30 PM
Could be a problem with Chrome, since the issue is Google-related. Have you checked if it still happens with another browser?

Could potentially be some redirecting malware, but since it drects to Google and not something else, that's not too likely. You may want to run a ful scan in your antivirus program just in case.