Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 12:34 AM Last edited by varpunen : 19th Jan 2019 at 10:48 AM.
Default Modifying UNI bonfire?
Hi, all. I've been wondering how hard would it be to modify the UNI bonfire so that it always burns and the logs stay intact so that the bonfire keeps it shape? And also that sims ignore it completely? I need a signal fires for one of my vacation worlds and the bonfire would work nicely. I just don't know where to start and if I have the sufficient skills for it.

EDIT: Tried to swap another object's mesh with the bonfire's but the sucker stays black no matter what. So that didn't work.
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 6:29 PM
The fire is added with a script that is attached to the object. So in order to modify the Bonfire in your way you would have to clone the object and create a new C# script.

So you would have to Script your own Bonfire Script to achievethe things you want to.

kind regards

Battery
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 12:53 AM
Ah, okay. I'll go and see what I can do. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 12:35 PM
Really quick and dirty way would be editing the XML file. There is a line that says how long does the large fire burn before it degrades to medium fire. So you could increse that value. You can also change the lines how many times a sims needs to add wood in order to get large fire. You could also edit the ITUN resources (their names end in _BonFire) to make sims leave the bonfire alone.

But script modding would be much better way.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
Really quick and dirty way would be editing the XML file. There is a line that says how long does the large fire burn before it degrades to medium fire. So you could increse that value. You can also change the lines how many times a sims needs to add wood in order to get large fire. You could also edit the ITUN resources (their names end in _BonFire) to make sims leave the bonfire alone.

But script modding would be much better way.

Hey, that's a good suggestion too. Thank you. I didn't thought of that. Have to see which method I get working.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 12:53 PM
If you get anything done via script modding, I'm very interested in the process!