Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 4:52 PM
Default Building a custom university replacement
Hey Simmers!

I'm currently building a replacement of the Sims 3 university (inspired by Pinewood Academy), as I don't particularly like the one we got and really miss la fiesta tech from sims 2.
I've already done something like this some years ago, but I don't really remember what I did exactly to make it work. Right now, my world is pretty much done. I think I remember that I had to change something in the file with S3PE before exporting it from CAW, but I can't find anything about it now! Maybe I'm wrong, though. Have you ever created a custom university and could help me with this?

Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alice1994
Hey Simmers!

I'm currently building a replacement of the Sims 3 university (inspired by Pinewood Academy), as I don't particularly like the one we got and really miss la fiesta tech from sims 2.
I've already done something like this some years ago, but I don't really remember what I did exactly to make it work. Right now, my world is pretty much done. I think I remember that I had to change something in the file with S3PE before exporting it from CAW, but I can't find anything about it now! Maybe I'm wrong, though. Have you ever created a custom university and could help me with this?

Thank you in advance!

I'm not a 100% sure but hence noone answered yet, I think it's safe to make assumbtions. It could be that you did it with nraas's, because there is one that let you travel to any neighborhood like it was with Sims2. Maybe it's worth Looking into it.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 12:35 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 14th Dec 2018 at 12:47 PM.
It's explained here - https://www.nraas.net/community/Careers-FAQ

Scroll down to "setting up a homeworld university".

Additional info taken from mysimsrealty who has many university lots.

Using Custom Universities
Custom universities allow your sims to attend classes and graduate and not leave the original town they are residing in. In order for these lots to function properly and allow you to enroll in University while in your home world, you will need to have two custom content items correctly installed. Once these are installed, restart your game and you can go to the Administration building or rabbit hole rug (do not use the phone or computer) and enroll in University. The rugs serve as the physical building so click on them for all functions. After you place these lots from your library, you must restart again to get the "enroll" option.
Nraas Career Mod
Rabbit Hole Rugs
Install Instructions for Custom Content
Please see the F.A.Q. for any further questions on using these rugs.
https://my-sim-realty.blogspot.com/...ims-3.html#more
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 9:56 AM Last edited by Lumuss : 7th Mar 2019 at 10:00 AM. Reason: typos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice1994
fast essay writer
Hey Simmers!

Thank you in advance!

Hey there,

I failed to install the custom university. Followed the official Mysimrealty source - http://www.mysimrealty.com/Sims3_Co...iversities.html
Tried to download Salmon Woods University archive, but my anti-virus system blocked the download and reported an issue with the malware intrusion. Don't know, perhaps, I'll need to disable the anti virus and then try again.