Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 1:54 PM
Default A Call To Wiki: World Adventures
Now that folks are getting ahold of the new TS3 expansion, World Adventures, there's a lot of updating that can be done on the Gameplay Guides section of the wiki. These gameplay guides are great for many aspects of the game, so you can get the most out of your play experience: like the Prima guides, only better (and free).

These guides are done by users and staff collaboratively, in a wiki format - sort of like Wikipedia, but for the sims games. Our wiki, Sims Wiki links in with MTS in several places (like the Help and Create sections) making it easier for us to provide updated content, FAQs, tutorials, and info for the community. But these guides are only so good as the information they contain, which is why we need your help!

Anyone can help edit the wiki - it's easy! - and no amount of help is too small! If you've got World Adventures and want to help us get info on the new aspects of the game, please consider chipping in a few minutes and adding what you can.

How to Help:

1. Register a SimsWiki Account, and login to Sims Wiki. This will allow you to edit pages.

2. Visit the Gameplay Guides section on Sims Wiki directly. You can also get to this page by using the Help dropdown on any page on MTS (Help > Sims 3 > Gameplay Guide FAQs > Scroll down and click "Click here to view this page on Sims2Wiki").

3. Choose the guide you would like to edit to add new information.

4. Click the "edit" tab at the top of the page. Here you can make your changes.

Editing Tips:
  • Make sure to Preview your changes before saving them.
  • If you want to do something special with formatting, you can always copy-paste formatting from other pages on Sims Wiki.
  • For more advanced formatting, see Wikitext Examples and Wiki Editing Cheat Sheet.

If you have any questions, you can ask in this thread, or in Live Chat - to access the chat, click the Community dropdown, then Live Chat, and enter the #create channel.

Good luck, and thanks!
8 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 6:30 AM
Kewl! I just got my copy today. I haven't installed it yet but I hope to explore it this long weekend. :0) I'll update stuff on the wiki as I find interesting things. :0)
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 2:40 PM
Default ^o^
owa i installed mie yesturday ^o^ ill regiter a account and help out as much as i can =3
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 2:49 PM
hnn i do have a question sinc im it my first time witing stuff in simswiki i dont really understand where i should write the stuff for world adventures >.<
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 5:02 PM
plavamore - Well, what's new in World Adventures? There's new bugs, gems, ores, gem cuts, gnomes, gardening stuff, moodlets... any of those areas, you can add to. I went and added some basic entries for some of them but they still need fleshing out. Can probably do with a new article on Adventures and tombs too. You can edit any existing page to add info, or if you want to make a new page you just go to the name you want for it (for example, http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...TS3_Adventuring ) and Edit it there. You can copy-paste formatting from other pages so they all match and have the navigation header and footer.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 2:19 AM Last edited by porkypine : 26th Nov 2009 at 3:21 PM. Reason: update
Hi, If you guys don't know what to write but want to help, you can help me. I am a terrible typist and have lots of teh's and stuff like that. You can proof read my stuff. :0)

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...Gameplay_Guides

Ok. I've finished the main table of Contents for World Adventures and am now working on the linked pages.
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 1:13 PM
owa i c >.> ok ill do my best X3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 2:15 PM
porky - That looks like a nice layout. Maybe the tomb exploration stuff (keystones, dive wells, etc.) can be combined into one and done as headers on that one page, since most of them don't have more than a paragraph or two that would be useful for explanation and all kind of fall under the same heading.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 3:22 PM
Ok. I'll combine appropriate areas and then fix the links. :0)
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 4:45 PM
ive done a fewadventres in france nd china havnt gotten 2 eygept yet ill writ them down on th adventures pge
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 5:46 PM
i filled up the secions of the game guide wich i kow um porkycan u make section for the advetures i cant find the one wich hyserical geeme me sorry >.< and question do i write the new traits recipis in the ts3 gmeral trais section or ts3 general cooking and recpies setion?
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 5:50 PM
u miht need 2 edit th pages i put information in sine i didnt really do a good job at it ...
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#13 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 6:11 PM
I'd like to use this as an example.

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...ims_3_Base_Camp

Awesome that someone helped out, but spelling, grammar and punctuation is not so good. Remember to use capitals, make sentences end somewhere, and be careful while spelling. It's okay to make a few mistakes here and there, just pay some more attention

Thanks!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 9:37 PM
i have a bad keyboard when i use the internet for some reason some letters wont sow or ymbols that i use T_T
Alchemist
#15 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 10:40 PM Last edited by VoiceIHear : 27th Nov 2009 at 1:23 AM.
I'd be more than happy to help when I get my copy of the game.

I can also help out with the spelling and punctuation and stuff.

Edit: I've corrected some of the grammer (still more to do) and I've added the header's and stuff to the pages I've edited so far.

Edit: I've corrected (I think) all of the Sims 3 World Adventure articles. (including headers, etc). However some still need to be expanded on. I don't have the game yet, so it is not possible for me to do this yet. :P

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 1:35 PM
owa xD sorry that i suck at stuff like that v.v
Mad Poster
#17 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 1:44 PM
As I do not yet have the game, I've gone through the existing pages and added Headers and titles to pages that don't have them, and I've corrected spelling mistakes on each page.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#18 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 5:24 PM
plavamore, you could always write up what you want to say in a word processor (like MS Word) and then paste it onto the wiki. That way you can use the spellchecker etc.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#19 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 10:41 PM
Wow! You guys are really on the ball! You've taken off and done a lot of work already. To avoid duplication of effort, I'll stop what I've planned and fill in the gaps later.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 1:17 AM Last edited by kopple36 : 28th Nov 2009 at 2:16 AM.
Cool! I've already done some major contributions to the Nectar Making, Martial Arts and Photography guides and I hope to do some more soon. Please feel free to edit any of my mistakes!
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 1:38 AM
ohh gd idea tthx whiterider
Mother Function
retired moderator
#22 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 3:48 AM Last edited by daluved1 : 28th Nov 2009 at 7:51 PM.
Hmm, I'm not installing WA until a few more patches roll out, but I'll gladly do some spell check and tidying up :3

*Get's her red pen-o-doom!*

EDIT:

I finally got WA installed, so I've been kinda fleshing stuff out.

Anyhoos, what me and Porkpine have been doing is to take related topics on the existing mini pages and combine them into bigger pages.

For example, the Arrival, Visa Levels, Base Camp etc have been combined into one big traveling page.

So if you wish to add information about the Adventure Tracker or Location Living, please note that it should be a subtopic on the Traveling page.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#23 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 12:02 AM
Doom me up Daluved!

I've updated the Traits section with an EP column and created EP icons and also created a Lifetime Wishes section, etc.

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...p:Sims_3_Traits

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...Lifetime_Wishes

TS3 Base game icon = TS3-base-game-icon.jpg - wiki markup = [[Image:TS3-base-game-icon.jpg]]

TS3 EP1: World Adventures icon = TS3-EP1-World-Adventures-icon.jpg - wiki markup = [[Image:TS3-EP1-World-Adventures-icon.jpg]]

I'm cross-eyed now.

If any of you guys have bits and pieces involving tomb exploration, diving wells, boulders, etc. go ahead and put that content in the linked section and we'll gather that info into a larger combo doc later. :0) thanks! :D
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 12:44 AM
owa i still havnt figured out the thing 4 the boulders all i know is that its some kind of mgic from china >.> i havnt found it though
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#25 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 10:26 PM Last edited by porkypine : 29th Nov 2009 at 11:09 PM.
SOB GNOME! I found a gnome exploring a catacomb and brought it home and put it outside next to the buyable gnome. A couple of days later, the new gnome is kicked back in the excercise room listening to some tunes. My sims goes in to excercise and top off before going back to China for his Martial Arts Mastery training. After excercising, he goes into that body scultor machine to fine tune and he comes out A BLOBBO FATTIE! - SOB GNOME!.. lol.. My sim hadda kick him a few times and then sold him. But he excercised for 2 days straight and couldn't get that fat off! SOB GNOME! lol I finally had him try that body sculpor for skinny and he came out normal again. ~sheesh~ lost DAYS fixing the blobbo problem! lol.

So, watch out for those little annoyances. lol
Page 1 of 2