Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 12:48 PM Last edited by simslyswift : 14th Feb 2019 at 5:18 PM.
Default [SOLVED] Shaped clothes
Hi everyone
I don't know how to call this, so I'm going to explain.
I really wanted to get some body sliders for the sims 2,since it has just two options (thin and fat). So I searched over the internet and I found someone saying that body sliders aren't available but, some clothes are meshed to shape the sims. I searched for those but I didn't find anything.. Please help me to find some
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 1:17 PM
There are a multitude of Body Shapes available for your male and female Sims. I have more than 40 different body shapes in my game.

Warlokk at InSim is the best known creator of female body shapes, e.g. Fashion Model, Classic Pinup, and his numbered series with interchangeable tops and bottoms ranging from 32A to 34DDD tops and 32 to 40 bottoms among other shapes.

Marvine and BeosBoxBoy also at InSim made several male body shapes. Bodybuilder, SlimBodyBuilder, etc.

Body shaped clothing (and the meshes required for them) allow the Sim to look different when clothed. If you want the Sim to stay consistent when clothed, you will need to find clothing and meshes for that bodyshape for each clothing category.

If you want the Sim to retain their different shape when nude then you will also need the nude (also known as the showerproof) top and bottom meshes as well as a skintone for that bodyshape. If you use a bodyshape skintone without the nude meshes, then you will see a "floating head" in the shower.

When you find a shape you like, you can then search the web for clothing and meshes for it. For example "Sims2 Slimbodybuilder" in a search engine brings up a number of sites with clothing or skins for the Slim Body Builder.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
There are a multitude of Body Shapes available for your male and female Sims. I have more than 40 different body shapes in my game.

Warlokk at InSim is the best known creator of female body shapes, e.g. Fashion Model, Classic Pinup, and his numbered series with interchangeable tops and bottoms ranging from 32A to 34DDD tops and 32 to 40 bottoms among other shapes.

Marvine and BeosBoxBoy also at InSim made several male body shapes. Bodybuilder, SlimBodyBuilder, etc.

Body shaped clothing (and the meshes required for them) allow the Sim to look different when clothed. If you want the Sim to stay consistent when clothed, you will need to find clothing and meshes for that bodyshape for each clothing category.

If you want the Sim to retain their different shape when nude then you will also need the nude (also known as the showerproof) top and bottom meshes as well as a skintone for that bodyshape. If you use a bodyshape skintone without the nude meshes, then you will see a "floating head" in the shower.

When you find a shape you like, you can then search the web for clothing and meshes for it. For example "Sims2 Slimbodybuilder" in a search engine brings up a number of sites with clothing or skins for the Slim Body Builder.

Amazing, thanks !