Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 11:35 PM
Default How can I specify an Adult sims uni education?
I'm using a mod that doesn't allow you to go past level 5 in your career unless you have graduated uni. I know I can use the batbox to make it as if the sim graduated college (and also give the 2 extra want slots), but is there a way to say the sim had dropped out after 2 years (so just 1 extra want slot?? i think i can't remember)?, was expelled (and therefore gets the extra fear slot)?, etc.? I don't want all or nothing with my adult sims Sorry if this wasn't clear enough. Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paperclipsfirds
I'm using a mod that doesn't allow you to go past level 5 in your career unless you have graduated uni. I know I can use the batbox to make it as if the sim graduated college (and also give the 2 extra want slots), but is there a way to say the sim had dropped out after 2 years (so just 1 extra want slot?? i think i can't remember)?, was expelled (and therefore gets the extra fear slot)?, etc.? I don't want all or nothing with my adult sims Sorry if this wasn't clear enough. Thanks

The Sim Blender will allow you to add or take the added slots away at will. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
#3 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 4:17 AM
I'm not sure if you want a way to add uni perks (extra want/fear slots & locks) or if you want a way to mod your careers so that sims who have some level of college can go past level 5 in a career, BUT aren't able to reach the top of a career without a degree.

If it's the latter, you can mod careers fairly easily, but also check out Cyjon's Edukashun Iz Gud. Not sure what career mod you have, but Cyjon's considers 2 year colleges & high school grades when promoting sims:
Quote:
Sims can get into any career track regardless of degree, but promotions will be limited based on education. There are no college limits on entry into the University careers such as Artist, but the maximum job level is based on the sim's education level.
If the sim graduated college, maximum level is 10.
If the sim completed two years of college but dropped out before graduation, maximum level is 7.
If the sim either didn't go to college or dropped out before completing the sophomore year, then maximum job level is based on the final high school grade:
If final high school grade was C or better, maximum level is 5.
If the final high school grade was D- to C-, maximum level is 3.
If the final high school grade was F, the sim is effectively a high school dropout and has no diploma. Maximum job level is 1.

If you just want to add the uni perks (the extra want slots & locks), marka93 is right; the simblender will do it and you can do it through testing cheats. However, I do want to plug some more recent mods: Nopke's Growing Up Wants Panel makes it so that sims unlock extra want/fear slots & locks by growing up well, instead of through university. Whoward69's University of Life mod makes it so that sims unlock want/fear slots & locks through careers and being promoted.

I'm not 100% sure if University of Life disables earning extra slots & locks through university like Nopke's Growing up Wants Panel does, but it isn't mentioned anywhere in the mod description, so I don't think so. (Can any users of that confirm?) Otherwise, I've been using Nopke's Growing up Wants Panel myself, and it's working well so far, though I haven't tested it too extensively yet.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I'm not 100% sure if University of Life disables earning extra slots & locks through university like Nopke's Growing up Wants Panel does, but it isn't mentioned anywhere in the mod description, so I don't think so. (Can any users of that confirm?) Otherwise, I've been using Nopke's Growing up Wants Panel myself, and it's working well so far, though I haven't tested it too extensively yet.

I've now installed University of Life as I thought it was a nice touch for those sims who don't get to go to Uni (sorry, Romance sims who just want to woohoo!). The answer to your query is no, it doesn't disable the earning of extra slots and locks if a sim DOES go to Uni. This means that a Uni graduate has an immediate advantage over a sim who didn't go to Uni (along with more career options - I play with Phaenoh's Realistic University mod), but the latter will catch up if they get promoted far enough up their chosen career ladder. It's also possible to tweak the job levels that trigger the addition of want slots and locks, but as I can never remember what levels my sims have got, it's always a nice surprise when they get them!

The conflict it mentions is mostly benign (at least, that's what I've found) - I need the conflicting mod to allow the option of having a friend over (I pretend the children are going "Mum, can Jack/Jane come to tea?" when it pops up), but in so doing I lose the "University of Hard Knocks" pop-up text: they're just blank. But I can live with that! :D

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 9:39 AM
Quote:
Promotions will be limited based on education. There are no college limits on entry into the University careers such as Artist, but the maximum job level is based on the sim's education level.

Sometimes I regret this game reflects real life so good... Your education will influence your career path just as in the reality and your promotion will depend on the level of education you've got.